Peterborough United v Newcastle United 3/4/10 3pm

Guest toonlass

Why rest Jonas and Routledge who are our only natural wingers while Nolan is the the first name in the team sheet every single game it seems! Sort of understand that Jonas/Wayne are being rested considering their work rate every game but is it that Nolan just doesn't do his work as he's being fit for every game? IMO CM's should do running almost as much as wingers as they're ina  constant movement during the game...or is Kevin just so superfit guy?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

not the best side, and we probably wont see wonderful flowing football, but it should be too good for them.

Nee change there than!  :-X

Shows intent to win the league rather than just settle for promotion. It's a gamble but as Dave says we should beat them anyway with that team.

Doesn't really show intent to win the game though. If we don't win he'll get crucified. Hughton doesn't make it easy for himself at all.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm actually pleased that he's changed the team for once. We have a habit of winning games at home that have obviously meant a lot to the players, or been absolute piss easy for us, only for the same players to go away and play like they've just met. Bringing the new players should be the ones with the desire to be a part of that winning feeling, rather than the players who played in the last match and are still congratulating themselves instead of getting on with the match in hand. I expect Pancrate and Barton to be absolutely raring to go.

Peterborough have won seven games all season. We have nearly three times as many points as them.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to moan about the changes when we should win anyway.

Agreeing with this.  Deep down they know they're already relegated and they'll play like it. 

We're going to see a mugging today.  5-0 to us. 

I think hughton believes "this group of lads" will have enough to beat them. As I said it's a gamble and they don't always pay off, we will have to wait and see.

this line up should mean we will see a lot stronger one for the more difficult opponents in two days time.

This shower of shite have had three managers, and their masterplan to give Jim Gannon 3 months to learn the squad to start the re-building process for next season has backfired because he's leaving at the end of the season. The players' confidence must be shot, nobody wants to or can manage this set of fuckers and the only motivation we should need is the fact the cunts released a DVD for beating our under 9's & Steven Taylor in the league cup. Their best player has fucked off to our promotion rivals and Mackail-Smith is only a sub, let's have this vile set of tossers and teach Barry Fry a lesson for bringing big Ron back into football.

Peterborough have won seven games all season. We have nearly three times as many points as them.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to moan about the changes when we should win anyway.

I think it's ridiculous to make the changes he has before we're promoted and clear of West Brom. If they'd not won you could understand it a little, but bringing in 3 midfielders and a forward who clearly won't be match fit all at the same time is a chance we didn't need to take.

Guest BooBoo

I think it's ridiculous to make the changes he has before we're promoted and clear of West Brom. If they'd not won you could understand it a little, but bringing in 3 midfielders and a forward who clearly won't be match fit all at the same time is a chance we didn't need to take.

A lot of it is to do with the fact that we have a tougher game to come only two days away.

This shower of shite have had three managers, and their masterplan to give Jim Gannon 3 months to learn the squad to start the re-building process for next season has backfired because he's leaving at the end of the season. The players' confidence must be shot, nobody wants to or can manage this set of fuckers and the only motivation we should need is the fact the cunts released a DVD for beating our under 9's & Steven Taylor in the league cup. Their best player has fucked off to our promotion rivals and Mackail-Smith is only a sub, let's have this vile set of tossers and teach Barry Fry a lesson for bringing big Ron back into football.

what he said  :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Hughton is someone who really does not like to take chances (see his substitutions half the time) so i doubt he would be resting players if he didn't think we'd need too to win against sheffield.

A lot of it is to do with the fact that we have a tougher game to come only two days away.

Full strength today, beat them, then think about Monday. Our home play with a slightly weakened side should still be enough, but we're not that convincing away with our strongest side out.

As I say, not a risk we needed to take today