Peterborough United v Newcastle United 3/4/10 3pm

Guest toonlass

Promotions pretty much secure. Would be idiotic to not make at least 4 changes between games and put players at risk for no season. Imagine if we fucked up Jonas' World Cup for example if he pulled up with a muscular injury late against Sheff Utd?

Guest Heneage

Krul

Tavernier

Hall

Tozer

Kadar

R.Taylor

Butt

Inman

Ranger

Best

Vuckic

It's sad but, when I read that, my first thought was "Hall's injured you fool!" :lol:

give best a start for the hell of it not like peterborough are up to much

Yea i would play best a loven with Shola on the bench again. Maybe give Shola and Barton 45 mins (give Nolan a rest?). Also Raylor could come in to giv Simpson a rest

Also, its been confirmed that all trains back up north will be 'dry'

Nah, no joke. Would like to see some underused players get minutes. Especially Best.

put out the strongest team possible. even if promotion is nailed on the players will want to go up as champions (as do the fans). even in other games its fairer on other teams if we are a strong as possible . it's not like we have a cup final or anything round the corner. if the title is won and we are playing something with nothing to play for then fair enough.

Also, its been confirmed that all trains back up north will be 'dry'

Just direct ones i think

the alternative is getting a leeds train to doncaster........then rejoining a dry train to newcastle ?

Why rotate for this match? ONLY rotate once promotion is confirmed. Otherwise it makes us look foolish. Never take anything for granted, we have worked hard for it, let them finish the job then give them a rest.

And whoever said 'start Vuckic' should take a look at our games other than the first team once in a while. He's just back from injury, don't even know if he has played a game this year.

a few yeras a go we travelled away to a game, on that day one team could go up, one team could go down, both dependent on other teams aswell. one team in black and white, one in blue and white..................2-1 to the away team.

why the fuck not.

a few yeras a go we travelled away to a game, on that day one team could go up, one team could go down, both dependent on other teams aswell. one team in black and white, one in blue and white..................2-1 to the away team.

why the fuck not.

its probably because i'm half cut, but that confused the hell out of me

why the f*** not.

its probably because i'm half cut, but that confused the hell out of me

leicester away, when keegan first came as manager.......they could have went up (boro did) we could have went down.

Nah, no joke. Would like to see some underused players get minutes. Especially Best.

Why especially Best?  What have you seen him that makes you think he's worth a start?

Nothing. But playing time, a goal, and a little confidence could make for a big change.

I thought that Hughton might start the rotation now because 1) We have a lot of players returning to fitness now (Barton, Smith, Ameobi, Williamson, Enrique); 2) We are now virtually assured of promotion; 3) the Petersborough and Sheff Utd matches are coming with only a couple of days rest.  Nolan has got to sit one of those games.

Also, as some have mentioned, we can rest Jonas & Colo (who may be bound for South Africa) and play some players that need to be put in the shop window. If we are going to offload Best surely we'd be better off with him playing (and scoring or not scoring) than sitting on the bench and not scoring. Returning Smith to the lineup would make it seem that he was not playing only because he was injured instead of just being shit.

I'd sooner play full strength tomorrow and stuff Peterborough as revenge for how they went on beating the kids, then maybe start people like R.Taylor, Kadar, Barton & Best on Monday.

are sheffield utd going to be resting players for monday ?

are ours incapable of doing similar ?

I'd sooner play full strength tomorrow and stuff Peterborough as revenge for how they went on beating the kids, then maybe start people like R.Taylor, Kadar, Barton & Best on Monday.

are sheffield utd going to be resting players for monday ?

are ours incapable of doing similar ?

We have the squad to do it, doubt they have. We're up and can afford to do it, they can't.

Nothing. But playing time, a goal, and a little confidence could make for a big change.

I thought that Hughton might start the rotation now because 1) We have a lot of players returning to fitness now (Barton, Smith, Ameobi, Williamson, Enrique); 2) We are now virtually assured of promotion; 3) the Petersborough and Sheff Utd matches are coming with only a couple of days rest.  Nolan has got to sit one of those games.

Also, as some have mentioned, we can rest Jonas & Colo (who may be bound for South Africa) and play some players that need to be put in the shop window. If we are going to offload Best surely we'd be better off with him playing (and scoring or not scoring) than sitting on the bench and not scoring. Returning Smith to the lineup would make it seem that he was not playing only because he was injured instead of just being s***.

I don't agree with playing him but I can see your thinking behind it.  I think we'll be trying to move him on once the season is over but I doubt we'll get too many takers.

Couple of Carroll sightings now, I am not one for these "omg player shouldn't be allowed a life!!!" Hysterics but "the big AC" doesn't seem to believe in keeping a low profile or resting an injury does he?

And also...

26/12/09

Sheff Utd: Bunn, Morgan, Kilgallon, Taylor ( Camara, 46 ) , Stewart, Walker ( Geary, 49 ) , Quinn, Montgomery ( Evans, 73 ) , Harper, Cresswell, Ward

28/12/09

Sheff Utd: Bunn, Morgan, Kilgallon, Stewart, Geary, Quinn (Williamson, 71 ) , Montgomery, Camara (Little, 75 ) , Cresswell, Ward (Taylor, 89 ) , Evans

So 3 changes in 2 days. Reasonable don't you think?

We've been top all season and shouldn't even contemplate unforced rotation until the league title has been secured. There is however, in my opinion, a difference between 'rotating' players in order to give those who don't normally start many games and leaving out players, who have played 40 odd games in a season, and would benefit from a 'rest' rather than playing 2 games in 3 days.

Tactically they are different and I would only find the later acceptable until the Championship is signed, sealed and delivered.

As has been said already we shouldn't needlessly rest people until promotion is secured, even then I'd like to win the league so wouldn't be in favour of doing it too much. Same team as Monday with Ameobi or Best in for Carroll. Needless to say if Hugton plays 4-5-1 against this lot I'll be raging.