What will/won't you miss about the Championship?

Dave

Will Miss

Winning

Being the one everyone wants to beat

TV coverage

People from towns tasting Newcastle for the 1st time

Seeing the Boyds, Dorrans & Adams i.e players from non-league & Scotland given a chance.

Football League

Won' miss

Playing in towns that are stuck in 80's & 90's

The money Sky pay NUFC for being on every week

Will miss

Visiting 'proper', different grounds.

Fewer prima donnas on the pitch.

Getting to see goal highlights before 6pm on SSN.

Winning.

Won't miss

Goal music.

Opposition fans making out we're shit then when we win saying we should win anyway.

Opposition teams trying twice as hard when we come to town.

Shite refereeing.

Terrible pitches.

The Football League Show.

'Clem'.

Spot on. :clap:

Guest cla1dwa

will miss:

the enjoyable feeling of thinking you can win every single game you play, and even when you win a game in which you're the outsider, like cardiff away, it's understandable as opposed to beating man utd when it's just a freak result and next week you get turned over by blackburn.

playing against different sides.

absolutely tearing the arse off sides at home and just generally knowing that at least once a month or so we just crucify someone.

every away game not being in london or the north west.

the feeling of playing for something more than just survival/mid table.

won't miss:

small minded fans saying we're shit then watching their sides work their arses off only to lose then claiming the whole thing was a foregone conclusion.

shite bobbly pitches.

shit grounds.

plymouth away.

not being in the premier league. no matter how easy, even fun this season has been, hammering the likes of sunthorpe does not compare with just playing against the big teams.

Guest malandro

= The laidback atmosphere from the fans in the ground, after 2-3 home defeats next season that will change and I bet the boos return

Why though? The average crowd is only about 4-5k down this year from last, do those people make the difference?

Not saying I disagree, just wondering if being down here for a year will change people's perspective a bit.

There’s been booing at home games this season. Not a lot, but once or twice when we haven’t been ahead at half time the same grumbling was evident.

There’s no evidence the 4-5k who have decided to give it a miss this season were the boo boys. Some of them are definitely in the ‘not giving Ashley any more money’ category.

Do you think we’d have averaged about 40k if we’d been hanging around mid table?

Guest scottishmag54

will miss being confident heading into every game wont miss the lack of live streams either.

One thing Im not looking forward to when we go back to the premiership is the constant media attention and the wanking over chelsea and man united. And the inevitable slagging off we will get. I've been watching football league games live for a while and really enjoyed it. You get much more devoted fans. The last time I was at Villa the Holte end was full of fair weather freddy's who booed after they drew. I'd much rather go to a half empty stadium full of passionate fans than one that is full of people who clearly dont have a clue.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll miss having an aim that means something, other than just securing our status in a league.

I'll miss watching players like Jose, Colo, Jonas, Routledge, Shola and Lovelycakes (and even Adam Johnson at Boro) looking like world beaters.

I'll miss playing terribly and winning

I'll miss playing well and winning

I'll miss winning.

I'll miss 'WHO ARE YA!?' followed by us going ahead and bettering a team.

I'll miss the opposition's woeful finishing

I'll miss having something to shout about.

I wont miss the nagging thought after a win of 'ahhhh, but it's not the Premier League.'

I wont miss the opposition talking the talk and then using the wages our players are on as an excuse for getting battered. Lovenkrands' 'transfer fee' was the highlight.

I wont miss not being on telly.

I wont miss emails being read out, or anything to do with the FLS (Particularly the whole 'real supporter'/working class angle just because someone supports a team outside the PL.)

I wont miss the level of player that we could attract (that's assuming we can attract better players)

I wont miss Rob Earnshaw and Robbie Savage.

I wont miss nothing being a challenge, and the 'YEY!' and then claps when we score. I've missed the roar.

I'll miss the proper fans that Championship clubs,unspoiled by the Premiership bounties,seem to have.This season has been a lot of fun IMO.,but only as it's a one-off.Had we missed out,I could see the CCC a very frustrating existence.

will miss amazing celebrations upside down/in the air/ on the floor getting trampled on in old fashioned terraces without stupid seats getting in the way where everyone goes proper mental and embraces each other regardless of who the hell they are!!!  :celb: :celb: :celb:

Will also miss stadiums without proper toilets where blokes just piss anywhere and disgusted women folk at the match screaming "its not fucking natural!" as they negotiate through a river of piss! :mackems:

I will also miss singing "Newcastle, United, will never be defeated"....and meaning it even when we're getting beat!  O0

fantastic times!!!  :smitten:

I won't miss not being able to watch every fucking game for fuck sake.

WTF. You've had 20 or so games on TV this season, is that not enough?

What are you gonna miss about the Championship?  What do you think League 1 has  to offer?

Guest firetotheworks

I won't miss not being able to watch every f***ing game for f*** sake.

WTF. You've had 20 or so games on TV this season, is that not enough?

Not when they're all normally available somewhere.

now thatwe are up i cant be accused of saying it just because we are there but the covergae outside the prem in the national press and TV is shit.

its a self fulfilling prohecy that more people will only be concerned about those teams f thats all thats covered.

now thatwe are up i cant be accused of saying it just because we are there but the covergae outside the prem in the national press and TV is shit.

its a self fulfilling prohecy that more people will only be concerned about those teams f thats all thats covered.

It's a joke, BBC must have someone at every game but there's fuck all of a match report on pretty much every game outside the prem. We've had a few better ones recently but it's a joke, you can't find out anything about how other teams have been playing. Complained about it in one of those surveys, if you're sending someone to a game let them write a decent length review ffs.