Our new habit of minor pitch invasions

Superior Acuña

How dare they express emotion no wonder our supports f***ed.

Yeah, because for the last 15 years or whatever (that's how long i've been going, and only seen pitch invasions by mackems v us, never by us) we've expressed no emotion...

It's not emotion trying to get on the pitch. On Saturday it wasn't even to get to the players cos they never came over, it was just to get on the pitch, to express that fundamental human emotion of standing on the outskirts of a pitch.

Its basically due to the shit championship grounds and being so close to the pitch why people have been invading the pitch imo. Won't happen in the prem.

The pitch invasion when we finally win something will be the mother of all pitch invasions!

Monday then. I'm not saying it's a good idea btw, just inevitable.

So we win promotion tonight you think the crowd are on the pitch?

Its basically due to the shit championship grounds and being so close to the pitch why people have been invading the pitch imo. Won't happen in the prem.

The pitch invasion when we finally win something will be the mother of all pitch invasions!

You'll be able to teleport yourself onto the pitch then.

:lol:

Its basically due to the s*** championship grounds and being so close to the pitch why people have been invading the pitch imo. Won't happen in the prem.

Monday then. I'm not saying it's a good idea btw, just inevitable.

So we win promotion tonight you think the crowd are on the pitch?

i dont.... i expect a load of people will leave the ground 5 mins before the end.

Guest jonlane86

I disagree with this shit about emotion, invading the pitch isn't acceptable behavior in any ground, which is why anyone who invades the pitch at SJP get banned for life - I seem to remember someone being banned for getting down on their knees and saying "all hail KK".

You don't need to invade the pitch to show emotion, I'll be immensely pleased and proud if we get promoted tonight but I wont feel the overwhelming need to rush on the pitch and lose my ST for life.

I tend to agree with the "Charva Trend" theory, wanting to do it because it a - gives them some attention, b - because its a new 'trend', c - because they think they can justify it because its 'showing emotion'.

I'm embarrassed for us when this kind of stuff happens, or other people who claim to be fans try to cause trouble with rival fans.  Rant over.

I quite enjoy mini pitch invasions tbh. Love it when you're watching our players celebrate after a goal and there is a fat little doylum seemlessly blending in.

What has Nolan got to do with it?

I quite enjoy mini pitch invasions tbh. Love it when you're watching our players celebrate after a goal and there is a fat little doylum seemlessly blending in.

What has Nolan got to do with it?

:lol:

Straight after I clicked "post" I realised this response was inevitable.

There's a difference between celebrating and running onto the pitch. Celebrating on the pitch is embarrassing, small time and needless tbh. It's been done plenty of times this season and it's not something we did on a regular basis prior to this season.

Guest WashyGeordie

No one is allowed to celebrate anymore...You must attend the game and show no emotion.

this

just like political correctness

I seen 2 lads make it onto the pitch at the end :D

Aye  :lol:

None of the stewards seemed to care and they seemed to nonchalantly walk towards the tunnel with the players.

Not just towards... down it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You dont think its perhaps just because we are so close to celebrating promotion ?

doubt it will happen in the prem.

cos we wont score any goals :cheesy:

Guest Geordiekev

I went on the pitch  :dowie:.

Same again on Saturday? :colo:

Someone did and was made to look like a right tit, funny until he made his way to the players and their kids... Prat.