Big Money Offer

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Taylor doesn't sign a new contract this summer then he needs to be moved on while we can still get a decent(ish) fee for him before he walks away for nothing. Nothing to do with the Carroll incident, just pure economics.

If we got a big money offer for any of them we should sell...

Depends  what your definition of big money is though.  If we got our money back on Colo I'd probably take it, £8-9m for Jonas, likewise, £7-8m for Taylor, likewise.

Taylor's had 6 seasons in English football, there's no excuse for him anymore.

5 of which he was the telling the more experienced defender's what to do!

no excuse for colocini, he was dreadful last season, u expected 5x time better from argentinian defender (don't give me settle crap)

You wanted us to sell him and play Edgar in August, now you just look daft. Plenty of good foreign defenders have strugled in their first season.

Guest neesy111

Taylor's had 6 seasons in English football, there's no excuse for him anymore.

5 of which he was the telling the more experienced defender's what to do!

no excuse for colocini, he was dreadful last season, u expected 5x time better from argentinian defender (don't give me settle crap)

You wanted us to sell him and play Edgar in August, now you just look daft. Plenty of good foreign defenders have strugled in their first season.

prove that? i haven't said any of the word, edgar had left way before that anycase  :facepalm:

Guest neesy111

You said over the summer that you wanted him to be given a free transfer.

hmm i don't, i'd actually said in the summer taylor would of been the only 1 i would of kept, especially since he was best player at the backend of last season

lots of cult favouritism going on here aswell as short memories.

taylor was better than colo last season and at least as good when playing this. looks like the online hatchet job on taylor has worked.

being cold blooded about it taylor has proven to be the better performer at premier level and will be on nowhere near the level of wages as colo.

being rational, everyone is up for sale, it just depends on the price.

agreed. out of jonas, colo and taylor last season, it was taylor who performed the best. looked good this season too, when he was fit. not sure i'd want any to leave though, rather hope we can flog smith, best, raylor, shola etc first and see how much we can raise from them.

If Taylor doesn't sign a new contract this summer then he needs to be moved on while we can still get a decent(ish) fee for him before he walks away for nothing. Nothing to do with the Carroll incident, just pure economics.

that makes sense. a lot of shit to be raked through before then though.

Based on ability, forgetting off the field, contract situation etc.. I voted Jonas.

Enrique I do not have a single doubt at all about, he is already a hell of a lot better than where we are as a team.

Colo has been generally awesome this season so I am gambling on him being a "season to settle" player (the depor fans comments are partially behind this line of thought)

Taylor is a very decent right back and if he had never played for us, was at another premiership club now and seemed a realistic target I have no doubt many of his critics would be suggesting him as a target. Unfortunately he does play for us and has certain mannerisms that have been picked up which will forever be used against him.

Jonas I am very unsure of, he could be very decent next season or could be absolutely shit constantly losing the ball and putting us under constant pressure running into defenders every time he gets the ball.

Our back four will be our strongest aspect next year. Midfield being the worst.

Aye but having a poor midfield will affect the performance of the back four.

Our back four will be our strongest aspect next year. Midfield being the worst.

Aye but having a poor midfield will affect the performance of the back four.

What about the strike force? I cant see any of them hitting more than 10 if we're lucky

I think we would get more from the sale of Coloccini than from Taylor, there are still doubts about him at prem level so I would go for him at 10 mill and get two replacements for centre back and right back.

Enrique and >jonas is a partnership that Hughton would be very stupid to break. Taylor would also fill in a problem spot at right back if needed...

Guest Roger Kint

I think we would get more from the sale of Coloccini than from Taylor, there are still doubts about him at prem level so I would go for him at 10 mill and get two replacements for centre back and right back.

Enrique and >jonas is a partnership that Hughton would be very stupid to break. Taylor would also fill in a problem spot at right back if needed...

Not a hope in hell of anywhere near £10m for either tbh