Big Money Offer

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The issue with Taylor isn't ability, it's the fact that his position at the club may be untenable due to the fight.

If we could sell him for £6m+ and replace him with a Nedum Onouha, Curtis Davies or similar then we can retain the harmony in the camp without losing out on defensive quality.

The others, with the exception of Coloccini perhaps, would be more difficult to replace so it's a no-brainer for me.

Jonas. We need end product now more than ever.

He delivers very little for all the fancy footwork etc.

This. He's just too frustrating as a player. If the right money comes in, then sell.

There is only ONE player we should be looking to get shot of and thats Best, everyone else should be kept. We may get good money for some of the others but fat cunt won't spend it on equal or better players as we would not be able to get them to come here anyway, he would not offer the massive wages they would want to play for a club like us.

Its not worth weakening our squad for money that will not be used to strengthen us.

I think the last couple of months Jonas' crossing and goal threat has improved immensely. He actually looks a goal threat now and could have easily had 7 or 8 for the season.

That'll be because he doesn't always have 2 or 3 men on him due to widening the pitch by buying Routledge and occaisionally attacking down the right instead of Guthrie floating in from there thus meaning the opposition can play a tighter midfield.

Can't believe anyone would willingly sell him. Baffles me completely.

I'd consider selling any of those four, if the money was right and providing there was an available replacement.

No shit. Applies to any player in any team.

A yellow card for selective quoting. The second half of my post made my position clearer.

Guest firetotheworks

lots of cult favouritism going on here aswell as short memories.

taylor was better than colo last season and at least as good when playing this. looks like the online hatchet job on taylor has worked.

being cold blooded about it taylor has proven to be the better performer at premier level and will be on nowhere near the level of wages as colo.

being rational, everyone is up for sale, it just depends on the price.

Taylor had had more experience at that point than Taylor. Colo was bad, at times, make no mistake, but the defence of him Jose, Bassong and Beye was easily our best. Taylor hasn't improved, or adapted in 2 seasons (prior to the CCC) and still carried on with his make a mistake, point at someone else routine.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd probably let Jonás and Taylor go if it was big money, though I'd let Krul go if we got a big money off in the Summer. Can't see him signing a contract extension next year.

Jonas. We need end product now more than ever.

He delivers very little for all the fancy footwork etc.

This. He's just too frustrating as a player. If the right money comes in, then sell.

Jonas scares the shit out of me when he tries to hold off opposition players or run the ball out of defence past one too many opposition players rather than just clear it. If he loses the ball in our final third against Premiership sides it will lead to at least a chance if not a goal for the opposition.

I won't complain if he stays but if he had a good World Cup and NUFC got a great offer for him I wouldn't complain if we sold him (providing we got a decent replacement first).

We will definitely sell any player if a large offer comes in. We are clearly still looking to reduce the number of big earners- not just to reduce cash out of the door but to prevent having a few select high earners in the dressing room. If Taylor doesn't sign a contract, he will be almost certainly sold, Colo's wages are such an issue we'd part for a few million.

Selling Enrique would be very risky given his popularity but we may be able to get him on a lower basic + good bonuses on a longer-term contract. I suspect we will also offer reduced wage contracts to Smith and Barton, purely for the fact it defers the cash out into future years. Smith could be the best-paid reserve player since Winston Bogarde.

taylor was better than colo last season and at least as good when playing this. looks like the online hatchet job on taylor has worked.

being cold blooded about it taylor has proven to be the better performer at premier level and will be on nowhere near the level of wages as colo.

Taylor was just as bad at centre-half as Colo but played much better when moved to right-back.

Obviously it would depend how big the money is but I can't believe how few of you have said Jonas. His end product crossing isn't great and he doesn't score many. He is definetly replaceable.

Got to agree tih this. The Taylor bashing is starting to get a little tiresome, and unwarranted.

Not exactly worthy of a Blue Peter badge like.

Guest neesy111

Taylor's had 6 seasons in English football, there's no excuse for him anymore.

5 of which he was the telling the more experienced defender's what to do!

no excuse for colocini, he was dreadful last season, u expected 5x time better from argentinian defender (don't give me settle crap)