Should Harper be our number 1 in the Premier League - Next Season

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krul blatantly isn't ready.

... and very likely will never be.

I remember some people saying something like that about Carroll when he was younger.

And it took Sir Alex Ferguson time to deliver for Man United - should we give Pardew five years? ;)

Krul blatantly isn't ready.

... and very likely will never be.

I remember some people saying something like that about Carroll when he was younger.

And it took Sir Alex Ferguson time to deliver for Man United - should we give Pardew five years? ;)

No. But we should have given Hughton five years.

Guest Stephen927

Certainly wouldn't feel comfortable going into next season with Forster as number 1 in the Premiership. We need to pick Krul or Forster, if we sign another keeper we risk losing both. Probably end up with Harper as first choice next season regardless, with the young keeper who doesn't go out on loan as back-up.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Depends on how good Forster actually is. Krul is still a good distance off from being able to replace Harper.

In what way? I don't see how he could do any worse than Harper's been doing.

Depends on how good Forster actually is. Krul is still a good distance off from being able to replace Harper.

In what way? I don't see how he could do any worse than Harper's been doing.

Agreed. Krul's weakness is first and foremost his ability to sweep behind the defense, which is Harper's strong side.  But Krul has good reactions. I'm pretty sure that Krul would have saved Sturredge shot. Harper seems helpless on shots from distance. He doesn't have the agility. Using Harper will not benefit us at all, he's not a keeper for the future, while Krul is. Abilitywise they're probably even steven right  now. The difference is that Harper never will be a better keeper than he's now. Playing Harper will only hinder Krul's development.

Kruls kicking is even worse than harpers and his decision making on crosses is not good, i think he is a far superior shot stopper and after yesterdays shenanigans I am losing patience with harper. I have only seen forster live a couple of years ago but watching him on the telly for celtic he seems the better option.

Harper looks like a bad joke when you compare him to someone like Reina. Harpers distribution is shocking and should be given a DVD of Reina and how he delivers it quickly with either a throw or a kick that is anything but just punted in the general direction of up field.

The rebuild for me starts at the very back.

Harper looks like a bad joke when you compare him to someone like Reina. Harpers distribution is shocking and should be given a DVD of Reina and how he delivers it quickly with either a throw or a kick that is anything but just punted in the general direction of up field.

I agree, let's terminate all of our players' contracts since none of them are anywhere near the best in the world in their positions.

Unacceptable.

I agree, let's terminate all of our players' contracts since none of them are anywhere near the best in the world in their positions.

Unacceptable.

Harper's throwing and kicking leads to us conceding possession most of the time man.

Guest toonlass

Forster was superb today for Celtic,one save from a deflected free-kick was outstanding.

Foster made a couple of cracking saves and for a big lad he can get down quite quickly. He really does seem like he is going to be a damn good keeper. We need to give this lad a chance.

Unacceptable.

So, how highly would you rate Harpers distribution in comparison to lets say ....Reina at Liverpool?

Guest neesy111

Tbf, I agree with Crumpy.  The fact is distribution is a huge part of being a keeper, a keeper that gives away posession time and time again is a liability to the team.

Guest neesy111

Not only is his distribution shit, he takes so long to kick the fucking thing, allowing the other team to get back and organised easily.

I've noticed this as well.  When we've been chasing games he still takes his time on goal kicks etc.

Not only is his distribution shit, he takes so long to kick the fucking thing, allowing the other team to get back and organised easily.

Which is the exact point I try to make. You can sometime s see players screaming for the ball and ....nothing from Harper.

Unacceptable.

So, how highly would you rate Harpers distribution in comparison to lets say ....Reina at Liverpool?

So, how highly would you rate coloccini's strength in comparison to lets say ....vidic at man utd.

And more importantly, why the fuck would it matter?