Should Harper be our number 1 in the Premier League - Next Season

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

don't know if today's goal is his fault or not, so i'm not basing my judgement on that, but he has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on. you'd think finally getting regular football that he would improve but he is a worse keeper than he was this time last year.

personally i'd stick with him from the start of next season, but basically say that him, krul and forster start on a level footing from the off. if harper's not doing great stick one of the younger lads in.

i'd also play krul in a couple of matches before the season closes, just for experience.

don't know if today's goal is his fault or not, so i'm not basing my judgement on that, but he has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on. you'd think finally getting regular football that he would improve but he is a worse keeper than he was this time last year.

personally i'd stick with him from the start of next season, but basically say that him, krul and forster start on a level footing from the off. if harper's not doing great stick one of the younger lads in.

i'd also play krul in a couple of matches before the season closes, just for experience.

Agree with that assessment.

Considering it was started about 4 minutes after his "latest clanger" then you can see why people would assume such things :lol:

He has been making mistakes recently, and you only need to listen to the commentary and see people's reactions to see he may have made another one tonight. Even if he didnt, this is still a reasonable question to ask, ive seen a lot of people on here being torn on him lately.

If this thread was made before the game, tomorrow or something like that then fair enough but it was created as soon as the "fuck sake Harper!" posts started appearing about a goal no-one is sure about and the BBC commentary are calling a good save.

The bit in bold suggests you have made your mind up about tonight anyway.

Considering it was started about 4 minutes after his "latest clanger" then you can see why people would assume such things :lol:

He has been making mistakes recently, and you only need to listen to the commentary and see people's reactions to see he may have made another one tonight. Even if he didnt, this is still a reasonable question to ask, ive seen a lot of people on here being torn on him lately.

If this thread was made before the game, tomorrow or something like that then fair enough but it was created as soon as the "fuck sake Harper!" posts started appearing about a goal no-one is sure about and the BBC commentary are calling a good save.

So the idea of him making another mistake prompted me to make this thread, big deal. He still made mistakes in other games that people seem to want to forget in a bid to call this question/thread kneejerk.

So the idea of him making another mistake prompted me to make this thread, big deal. He still made mistakes in other games that people seem to want to forget in a bid to call this question/thread kneejerk.

So why didn't you make it earlier then? :lol:

So why didn't you make it earlier then? :lol:

"So the idea of him making another mistake prompted me to make this thread"

Kneejerk!!! :lol:

Basically a lot of keepers go through a dodgy spell, including Van Der Saar who looked like he was pissed for a while making shocking mistakes.

It happens and if we are going to be sensible we will judge him over the whole season, not a poor run.

can't accuse midds of kneejerk, he's hated harper for years   :lol:

I've not hammered him at all this season tbh. In fact I've even stuck up for the fat, useless orange twat earlier on.

I've not seen tonight's alleged mistake but he does appear to have cost us a few goals recently. Still probably not enough to drop him for next year though. :)