Should Harper be our number 1 in the Premier League - Next Season

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Rey Mysterio

Harper looks like a bad joke when you compare him to someone like Reina. Harpers distribution is shocking and should be given a DVD of Reina and how he delivers it quickly with either a throw or a kick that is anything but just punted in the general direction of up field.

The rebuild for me starts at the very back.

I agree, let's terminate all of our players' contracts since none of them are anywhere near the best in the world in their positions.

Unacceptable.

It is unacceptable to replace a player because he's not good enough for this division?

Harper looks like a bad joke when you compare him to someone like Reina. Harpers distribution is shocking and should be given a DVD of Reina and how he delivers it quickly with either a throw or a kick that is anything but just punted in the general direction of up field.

I agree, let's terminate all of our players' contracts since none of them are anywhere near the best in the world in their positions.

Unacceptable.

It is unacceptable to replace a player because he's not good enough for this division?

It is unacceptable to misrepresent my argument like that.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Unacceptable.

Fair enough, but you can see what Crumpy is getting at right?

Unacceptable.

Fair enough, but you can see what Crumpy is getting at right?

Well yes, but I don't think Harper is a terrible goalkeeper and I don't think its ever productive to try to have a normal discussion with Crumpy, so you can see where I'm coming from.

Despite his experience, Harper has always looked a slightly nervous keeper to me, prone to the odd blunder. Krul looked raw, but Harper wasn't that great an alternative and I wouldn't have dropped him.

Neither Krul or Forster are good enough ...

I know of a handful of Celtic fans who think Forster should be in the England squad.

Was the same during his time at Norwich.

tbf Celtic fans always think their players are the best thing since sliced bread

Boruc - Best keeper in the World iirc.

Guest Jonny

I would say out of our three goalkeepers Harper has the best technique, yet is slow; Krul is the most agile and Forster is the big commanding keeper. Can we breed them together to form a superkeeper?

I know of a handful of Celtic fans who think Forster should be in the England squad.

Ignore the fucking idiot, man. He's barely seen Forster play.

Krul blatantly isn't ready.

... and very likely will never be.

I remember some people saying something like that about Carroll when he was younger.

Well I certainly didn't.

Which is to say that Carroll has always appeared to have the mental toughness required, which was clear in his first few outings in the season we got relegated.  Krul hasn't shown that to me.  Maybe this is his shaky season, maybe he will improve and make a solid goalkeeper in years to come, but I very much doubt he'll be ready by the start of next season.

Krul doesn't really seem to have improved since Palermo, unfortunately. Always had concerns about his psyche and they haven't shifted despite his games recently. I was reticent to see him dropped for Harper - I was in the 'dozen and two 6s but only one of them is likely to improve' camp, and it sent a bad message to the squad - but I can't say I've got a lot of faith in him establishing himself as a top goalie as it was thought he might.

Forster however looks sound. Some might think that analysis isn't statistical enough, but even despite mistakes he's made etc., when he stands in goal he looks like a strong part of the team, and there's something to be said for that. Certainly, when they don't look right, it's rare they fly right.

I suppose Forster or none of them would be my answer, by the way.

That was in the Championship though. Forster should be sent out on loan to a Premiership club, so we can assess if he would be good enough. Blackpool would be perfect.

Guest neesy111

Ignore the fucking idiot, man. He's barely seen Forster play.

More than what we have though.

That was in the Championship though. Forster should be sent out on loan to a Premiership club, so we can assess if he would be good enough. Blackpool would be perfect.

It was League One. Again, you're talking about something you have no clue about.

It was League One. Again, you're talking about something you have no clue about.

:facepalm:

Speak for yourself.

Aye, like your always right  :rolleyes:

More than you, that's for fucking sure.

I may be wrong from time to time, but at least I don't pull my opinions out of thin air. I've seen Forster play about 20 times now, and he's our best prospect for the No.1 shirt.