Should Harper be our number 1 in the Premier League - Next Season

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Speak for yourself.

Aye, like your always right  :rolleyes:

More than you, that's for fucking sure.

I may be wrong from time to time, but at least I don't pull my opinions out of thin air. I've seen Forster play about 20 times now, and he's our best prospect for the No.1 shirt.

:lol:

I agree with that actually.

Seen Forster for Celtic quite a bit. Despite, without knowing why, having a sort of affinity toward Krul I would say Forster seems more reliable. He's fucking huge as well.

They are both good at different things though. Krul is quicker while Forster is stronger etc. Difficult to compare imo.

Guest neesy111

Fact is as well, is keeping Harper in goal could be soo costly for us in the long term in losing 2 decent keepers.

No doubt the club will fuck it up.

The club hasn't spent a penny on a keeper since 1999.  Amazing when you think about it.

Guest neesy111

My main doubt about Krul is his lack of 'presence' and the fact he isn't as imposing as Foster. I think having a giant keeper bellowing and marshalling the defence could be a big advantage.

This is the precise reason why I would never ever call given a world class keeper.  Brilliant shot stopper, but his command of the box was pathetic imo.

My main doubt about Krul is his lack of 'presence' and the fact he isn't as imposing as Foster. I think having a giant keeper bellowing and marshalling the defence could be a big advantage.

He might be big, but Forster is probably the least vocal out of our three keepers. Celtic fans seem to think that he needs to come out of his shell more and be more imposing.

He might be big, but Forster is probably the least vocal out of our three keepers. Celtic fans seem to think that he needs to come out of his shell more and be more imposing.

I think that will change with (some years worth of) experience. Not a perfect excuse, but I think his manner is partly born of the fact he's an intelligent person - he has an outlook on his place in the scheme of things. That said, I don't think he's ever going to be a dominator - more a speak quietly and carry a big stick type at best.

If the roles were reversed and Forster had played a few games in Harper's absence this season and made a few mistakes I reckon everyone would be calling for Krul to come into the team instead.  I doubt anyone has seen enough of either keeper to make a decent judgement, even if you have watched all of Celtic's games this season.

The club put their faith in Krul to stand-in for Harper which is telling for me.

If Pardew still doesn't think Forster or Krul are ready to be number 1 then he needs a new keeper either on loan or permanently in the summer because Harper is as weak as you get in terms of regular starting keepers in the league. I don't care what he did to get a move away from the club 2 year ago but there's a certain former keeper not doing much these days at City who would be fucking perfect on a season long loan.

If the roles were reversed and Forster had played a few games in Harper's absence this season and made a few mistakes I reckon everyone would be calling for Krul to come into the team instead.  I doubt anyone has seen enough of either keeper to make a decent judgement, even if you have watched all of Celtic's games this season.

The club put their faith in Krul to stand-in for Harper which is telling for me.

The club put their faith in Lovenkrands over Wayne Routledge. Stop talking s****.

If Pardew still doesn't think Forster or Krul are ready to be number 1 then he needs a new keeper either on loan or permanently in the summer because Harper is as weak as you get in terms of regular starting keepers in the league. I don't care what he did to get a move away from the club 2 year ago but there's a certain former keeper not doing much these days at City who would be f***ing perfect on a season long loan.

I must say, I never considered Given to be world class, but I miss having a keeper capable of winning games.

If the roles were reversed and Forster had played a few games in Harper's absence this season and made a few mistakes I reckon everyone would be calling for Krul to come into the team instead.  I doubt anyone has seen enough of either keeper to make a decent judgement, even if you have watched all of Celtic's games this season.

The club put their faith in Lovenkrands over Wayne Routledge. Stop talking s****.

There's a bit of a difference between choosing between two young keepers and the Lovenkrands/Routledge situation wouldn't you say?  They don't even play in the position for a start.  Lovenkrands is a (bad) striker and who sometimes is forced to (wrongly) play on the wing, Routledge is simply a winger.  If we got rid of Lovenkrands we would've had three strikers, which would've been stupid whereas Pardew or Ashley wrongly decided Barton, Guthrie, R.Taylor etc. would be enough cover on the right.

Choosing between Krul and Forster is a toss up between the two, not really comparable to the other situation.

The club's judgement has been shown to be fallible. If Krul was chosen to be Harper's deputy instead Forster on merit, it means very little.

It could of course just mean they wanted to see how Forster would perform at a big club for a season before getting the No.1 spot.

Forster and Krul such fetch a decent price in the summer while the club sticks with an ageing average at best keeper. Both sales should cover his wages till he retires, maybe even enough to spare for Dean Kiely as backup.

Harper's got no stand-out attributes that make him an obvious Premier League keeper. He's about as average as they come; okay for this consolidatory season but we really, really need to improve on him if we've ever got ambitions of Europe. He's increasingly become one of our fundamental issues in the starting line-up, and it's a bit of a shame that Forster and Krul aren't a couple years further on in their develop. Cos the Given/Harper era is officially over now.

Is Forster capable of replacing him next year?