Kevin "CCC Lampard" Nolan: 'Toon are out to silence the critics'

Thespence

Nolan: 'Toon are out to silence the critics'

Kevin Nolan is determined to silence Newcastle's critics once and for all by establishing the Magpies as a major Premier League force once again.

Chris Hughton's men, who secured promotion back to the top-flight last week, are now just one point away from lifting the Championship title following Tuesday night's 2-1 victory at Reading.

While the Geordies have proved many doubters wrong this term, Nolan knows the critics will continue to doubt their credentials to compete at the very highest level.

The 27-year-old midfielder declared: "As a club we are all coming together as one now, and that's nice. Hopefully with the supporters behind us we can take that into the last few games and into next season.

"This is going to be a club that steadily climbs the ladder again. We have proved people wrong this season.

"All those so-called experts gave us stick at the beginning of the season, but we are not finished yet.

"The so-called experts are still knocking us, but we are not bothered by them. It's about us and making sure we do the right things.

"We have proved a few doubters wrong this season and hopefully next season we will prove a few more wrong.

"Hopefully this is a slow building process of Newcastle United. Hopefully I will be part of it."

Newcastle will be crowned champions on Saturday without kicking a ball should title rivals West Brom fail to beat Middlesbrough at the Hawthorns.

The Magpies don't play until two days later when they travel to Plymouth and Nolan insists they want to finish the season in style by ending the campaign with 104 points.

"With the run we're on we are not going to let up so we will try to finish it as soon as possible," he said.

"It would be nice to get more than 100 points, but we just want to win our next game.

"The title is massive to us. We had 4,000 fans at Reading and that just shows how much determination we have got to put in to make sure that they get what they want.

"They have had a lot of downs in the last couple of years and this has been a massive turnaround for the players and the fans."

Nolan's brace at Madejski Stadium took his tally for the season to 18, but he insisted: "I'm not bothered about being top scorer, it's just goals that matter and they did at Reading."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-are-determined-to-silence-their-critics-next-season-says-Kevin-Nolan-article392559.html

Would love him to make the step up and do well next year. :undecided:

He's performed well  for Bolton in the Premiership before,even being mentioned being close to the England squad at one time.I'm hoping this season is a return to form that he can continue next season too.

He's performed well  for Bolton in the Premiership before,even being mentioned being close to the England squad at one time.I'm hoping this season is a return to form that he can continue next season too.

Even when he was being touted for England the Bolton fans in general hated him. I think it was similar to his praise this season - the press only see his goals and assists and ignore his general lack of mobility or contribution that the fans who watch the whole game can see.

Just to clarify, my > in the post above referred purely to size.

We all would, it's just not going to happen.

to be fair to the lad he has looked a lot more mobile since guthrie and routledge came in.

still, don't think he has enough for the prem............................i'd love to be wrong.

He was pretty good at Bolton for several years, he was even in the fringes of the England squad. Although Sam's 4-5-1 did a very good job of carrying him.

All comes down to this really.

Jonas and Routledge out wide as is. A strong mobile striker who can play upfront alone. Two other legit central midfielders who can get around the pitch, tackle and also pass the ball to a decent level.

If we had these elements with Nolan in a 4-5-1 setup it would work. However, of all the elements mentioned we only have Jonas and Routledge.

Guest neesy111

it amazes me the amount of times he just disappears from a game and then bang he scores! don't know whether that is good or not?  :undecided:

He was pretty good at Bolton for several years, he was even in the fringes of the England squad. Although Sam's 4-5-1 did a very good job of carrying him.

All comes down to this really.

Jonas and Routledge out wide as is. A strong mobile striker who can play upfront alone. Two other legit central midfielders who can get around the pitch, tackle and also pass the ball to a decent level.

If we had these elements with Nolan in a 4-5-1 setup it would work. However, of all the elements mentioned we only have Jonas and Routledge.

Campo-Okocha-Nolan were a great combination. They used Davies upfront, who isn't particularly mobile, but Nolan thrived on his flicks on and the second balls he generated.

Yes, I watched Bolton lots during the mid-late 2000s  :-[

it amazes me the amount of times he just disappears from a game and then bang he scores! don't know whether that is good or not?  :undecided:

who does that remind me of?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00868/Shola_Ameobi_682x40_868217a.jpg

its good

hes more a striker tbh his finishing is quality and he can turn up in right places to stick them away

Deserves a chance to start for the club next season, outstanding goal haul, worrying lack of performance for 2/3 months but come good again in the last few games i've seen him in (and scored in a few i havent seen).

Will be the club captain next season imo.

who does that remind me of?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00868/Shola_Ameobi_682x40_868217a.jpg

Ehhh  Frank Bruno  ?

I think Nolan has been a huge influence on the team.  Even though he goes missing in some games (although he has played well  recently, I still think he has a positive effect on the pitch.  If a player does something well, he will give them a pat on the back and is encouraging if something doesn't quite come off.  I think a lot of the mental strength and never give up attitude comes from him - he keeps them going until the final whistle.  Looking at other clubs forums after we have played them, he is often the one player they have been wound up by accusing him of refereeing the game and intimidating their players.  We have bullied many teams out of games this season and I think Nolan has been a major part of that.

Its true and you know it. Lampard, as much as I love him, goes missing a lot of the time like he did yesterday. Then he comes out of no where and gets a goal or assist and he's the best midfielder in the Prem to some.