Who do you want as our first game next season?

BlueStar

And who do you think it'll be?  Fancy a glamour tie, mix it with the big boys straight away, heaven or hell?  Some jaded strugglers like West Ham or the play-off winners in the hope of getting some early points under our belt?  The mackems?  :kasper:

I'd quite like Spurs at home, no matter how shit we are we always seem to beat them and they seem to have a psychological thing about us being their bogey team.  Plus they have that old problem of playing blinders against top teams and then looking unmotivated against lower teams who then nick a result because they're more up for it.  If we got a result against them in their current high-flying form it'd be a great confidence boost, if we don't, well, we weren't expected to anyway - better than losing to Bolton or Wigan on the first day.

Reckon it'll probably be West Brom, just to keep us waiting that little bit longer to feel like we're back up proper.  That or Chelsea, they always seem to be our first/last/cup team.

Maybe it would be a good thing to get some of the big 4/5 (ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, City). ManU for example are always quite poor for their standards at the start of the season (last season they lost to Burnley).

So I hope that we get ManU away at season opener.

As first home match I hope for someone like Stoke, Fulham or Bolton.

Villa/Spurs someone like that at home. Because I think we'll hit the ground running and then have trouble later on, and it would be great to beat a team like that at home because they're quite simply a bunch of twats.

Would like one of the hardest games as the first (Arse/man/chel away). Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be more fluke results in the first game of the season than in any other game. Plus we can play them without having first realised how far behind the top of the premier league we actually are. Then second game an easy one at home (leicester O0), to get a good start before reality and the inevitable bad run hits us.