NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'm not sure where Ireland would fit in. Someone once said that he'd be ideally suited to Arsenal, with their short passing style, and I think that's right. In an English style 442, he doesnt seem to suit either a wide position or a central one.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Ireland found his city form he would be an asset. Cover for cm in the shape of tiote barton Nolan gosling and Ireland would be great

I'd have Ireland here in a shot to be honest.  Has the potential to be a much better Nolan.  Just like Nolan and Barton were s**** a few years ago and have come good, I think Ireland could be the same.

Barton  Ireland  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Caroll

Lovely. Means we could pick and choose the games Nolan plays and rotate him and Ireland.  I'm sure Ireland could play right side too, for when Barton is injured or more likely suspended.  

The key is always having Tiote in the middle, Barton and Ireland in the middle would be woeful against all but the poor teams.  Tiote opens us up to being able to have a player like Ireland in the middle.

The fact that Ireland cannot guarantee a starter at Villa is fxxking worrying.  And I am not willing to "invest" any more years on so called "talented and troublesome" players.  We've paid a huge cost, including a relegation, on Barton and to do the same on Ireland?  Fxxk no.

I'd have Ireland here in a shot to be honest.  Has the potential to be a much better Nolan.  Just like Nolan and Barton were s**** a few years ago and have come good, I think Ireland could be the same.

Barton  Ireland  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Caroll

Lovely. Means we could pick and choose the games Nolan plays and rotate him and Ireland.  I'm sure Ireland could play right side too, for when Barton is injured or more likely suspended. 

The key is always having Tiote in the middle, Barton and Ireland in the middle would be woeful against all but the poor teams.  Tiote opens us up to being able to have a player like Ireland in the middle.

Too bad Ireland only runs 100 yards every game.

I disagree about Ireland.

Villa have been shocking this year and almost none of their players have come out of it with any credit whatsoever.

I also don't buy the idea that he's a bad lad, isn't he the one who quit the Ireland international team because he was getting bullied for being bald? OK so he may not have a strong character but if he's a confidence player, we have the team spirit to help him get back on track.

The lad is talented.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Villa have been shocking this year and almost none of their players have come out of it with any credit whatsoever.

I also don't buy the idea that he's a bad lad, isn't he the one who quit the Ireland international team because he was getting bullied for being bald? OK so he may not have a strong character but if he's a confidence player, we have the team spirit to help him get back on track.

The lad is talented.

It depends on the deal.

A loan until the end of the season with a view to permanenet would suit both parties. A chance for us to assess how well he integrates and him to reinvigorate himself

The lad is talented.

It depends on the deal.

A loan until the end of the season with a view to permanenet would suit both parties. A chance for us to assess how well he integrates and him to reinvigorate himself

Money is always the clincher. We'd settle for alot of players if we were getting them for free/cheap.

If we could get Ireland in on a cheap deal, or as you say a loan, that would be a smart move for the club.

The more i think about it the more i think that signing Ireland would be a good move.  He is obviously very talanted.

Would this be such a bad front six?  I think we are one or two players short of having a very good team going forward.

Carroll

Ireland

Ben Arfa    Nolan    Tiote      Barton