NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

What makes everybody say Ireland is a head case? Serious question, have I missed something?

google: stephen ireland car

Ok, so the bloke is gay and/or has utterly terrible taste. Doesn't necessarily make him a head case does it? Anything else..?

Guest Hardy_Bucks

What makes everybody say Ireland is a head case? Serious question, have I missed something?

Ok, so the bloke is gay and/or has utterly terrible taste. Doesn't necessarily make him a head case does it? Anything else..?

He got hair implants

He got hair implants

its settled then? :D

He got hair implants

Ginger too

Ginger too

That's me won over..  :crazy2:

So there's no real substance to this head case theory then and everybody's happy to cite it as a reason for not wanting him here? It's not like we don't have players at the club who are a bit 'special'. I'd say the two most pertinent examples of them are amongst our most popular and best performing players at the moment.

Ireland would be a decent move for both parties, we're short of CMs, Tiote gets banned every now and then and Barton has established himself on the right. He's a fairly good footballer at PL level but has landed himself in bad situations where there are rumours of unstable dressing rooms. It could be a good change of scenery for him and the good team spirit between our tight knit 'group of lads' could help get the best out of him. He already knows Joey and will probably get along well with Nolan, Carroll and the like. If this is actually true, then its a good move and certainly one I'd support more than a move for SWP.

Guest thefishman

He did this

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2009/2/1/18EBB230-D81D-43E6-51ED3CC2FA549CB8.jpg

Hes just crying out, look at my car, im not bald!

I can't stress this enough.... There are more important positions to be looking at. We've just got rid of a f***ing Winger after apparently needing another. And if we don't get another Striker we'll dry up.

I can't stress this enough...FOUR first team midfielders available on Saturday.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Was in Total Fitness Cheshire yesterday

Why would a pro footballer need to go to a Franchise Gym

I thik he would be a good signing. Villa are not in a good place mentally and spirit wise. Here we are on the up, the atmosphere is as good as anything since SBR. This alone would lift him 20%

I say take a punt until the summer and then assess

Guest Chubby Jason

Was in Total Fitness Cheshire yesterday

Why would a pro footballer need to go to a Franchise Gym

I thik he would be a good signing. Villa are not in a good place mentally and spirit wise. Here we are on the up, the atmosphere is as good as anything since SBR. This alone would lift him 20%

I say take a punt until the summer and then assess

You see players in there all the time.

I don't like Ireland, seems a nob.  Thing is he had a stint at City less than 2 years ago where he was bloody brilliant.  Goals, great movement and passing.  He could be very good if he got his attitude sorted out. 

A loan til the summer would be a good move assuming the money is reasonable.

Ireland loan is tempting as long as we agree a fee and he takes a wage cut should he able to recapture his form of old.

Means Barton stays on the right which should please a lot, and gives us other options for when Nolan tires or isn't in the game. Think he's still got it in him, just needs someone to believe in him and bring it back out of him, hopefully the likes of Nolan and more specifically Barton can help him with this using their own experiences of turning it around, especially in front of a tough passionate crowd like ours.

If it went well and we found the player under Hughes we've got a £20m player on our hands who's got 5 years at the top, if it goes wrong we send him back to Villa and he's their problem.

I agree with this. I reckon he'd flourish with a group of players who's put a collective arm around him, in a good stadium where he'd have a huge amount of freedom due to Tiote sitting in behind letting him roam forward.

I'd be up for a loan with fee agreed, even if he is a risk.

Different players react in different ways, he certainly needs a bit of TLC. I think the failed move to Villa could be a good thing, it might be enough for him to realise what happened at citeh wasn't just a management change but that he's not there as a player. His career is all but over at Villa as they can't afford any passengers, a new start could be enough as long as he's here to put the effort in.

People seem to be hammering him for being a knob, which is fair enough but he's a footballer, it goes with the territory these days. If we can get the Ireland of old that knob character everyone is slating right now will be laughed at and forgotten about, even made in to a positive by some ala Ranger.  :lol: