NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest toonlass

Had Chris Hughton still been here then Ireland might have been a good signing, as Hughton would have been the right bloke to take him under his wing, get Kevin Nolan behind him and tried to get the best out of him. Pardew doesn't strike me as the same kind of manager. Cannot see Ireland's fragile ego and need to be nurtured being fulfilled to realise his full potental under Pardew. I might be wrong like.

Guest Heneage

Hughton & Ireland has worked before, it could have worked again.

It would appear Pardew's interested going off the comments from the twitter of a Journal writer, but it's nowhere near a done deal.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Injury-hit-Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-has-pleaded-with-owner-Mike-Ashley-to-provide-the-cash-to-bring-in-new-players-during-the-winter-transfer-window-article677495.html

Pardew holds new transfer summit with Ashley

Published 23:00 20/01/11 By MirrorFootball

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew yesterday pleaded with owner Mike Ashley for cash to bring in new players during the transfer window.

Pardew is worried he has not been able to strengthen his squad as his injury list mounts, with Andy Carroll still injured and Alan Smith now ruled out for the rest of the season.

Pardew had already held a transfer summit with Ashley at the start of month. But, with time running out, they arranged to meet again yesterday at St James’ Park.

“I’m going to see Mike Ashley just to reinforce the point - that’s my job,” said Pardew beforehand, who insisted he would be “very surprised and disappointed” if he didn’t make any signings in the next 10 days.

“I’m not saying it’s the end of the world, but I do feel the need to bring in a player or two as soon as we can - absolutely," he said. “It’s a concern that we have lost so many players to injuries.”

Although he was not landed any of his targets, Pardew has been inundated with calls from agents about possible deals.

”I’m not enjoying the transfer window at all," he revealed. "It’s been the worst period for myself as a manager. I can’t remember it being quite as active as this in previous windows.

“The agents involved only have a month to earn their money, so an agent parks himself in the middle of a deal even if he doesn’t represent the player. It just goes on and on. It’s chaos trying to put it all together."

Reality bites.

At least we haven't panic bought, which is worse than simply not getting anyone in while Carrolls injury means no medical, no insurance and no bids. Not enjoying the Manure & Enrique talk, really need to sort out his contract asap.

We are heading into panic mode now, look forward to a few cheap unwanted players. Chimbonda released today yeah?  Any poor midfielders unfancied? Did Sidwell get that move yet?

Chimbonda would be the 2nd best rb at the club ironically enough which would be a good thing in terms of squad strengthening... Not that I want him like!

So far we haven't talked to anyone who I class as a panic buy, but you are right there is time, I just hope Pards realises how much he'll be judged on his signings by us but especially Ashley.

If you're going to sack your popular manager and hire a spiv a month before the window opens at least fucking back them with a bit of cash. Jesus... :undecided:

We're thin on the ground. Smith's out for the season, Routledge is out of the door, Ben Arfa is a couple of months away, Carroll is a few weeks away, Gosling has had a setback, Tiote is still out and 2 bookings away from another 2 match ban...We need bodies in.

If you're going to sack your popular manager and hire a spiv a month before the window opens at least fucking back them with a bit of cash. Jesus... :undecided:

We're thin on the ground. Smith's out for the season, Routledge is out of the door, Ben Arfa is a couple of months away, Carroll is a few weeks away, Gosling has had a setback, Tiote is still out and 2 bookings away from another 2 match ban...We need bodies in.

Keep going I was enjoying it :lol:

If you're going to sack your popular manager and hire a spiv a month before the window opens at least f***ing back them with a bit of cash. Jesus... :undecided:

Same :lol:

If you're going to sack your popular manager and hire a spiv a month before the window opens at least f***ing back them with a bit of cash. Jesus... :undecided:

...Kadar is at Huddersfield, Lua Lua's at Brighton, Guthrie hasn't played well for about a year, Ranger's shit on Pardew's pillow, Ameobi's inconsistent, Lovenkrands is consistently shit, Campbell's spat his dummy out, both Taylor's are fucked. Apart from that everything's cush.

...Kadar is at Huddersfield, Lua Lua's at Brighton, Guthrie hasn't played well for about a year, Ranger's shit on Pardew's pillow, Ameobi's inconsistent, Lovenkrands is consistently shit, Campbell's spat his dummy out, both Taylor's are fucked. Apart from that everything's cush.

Keep going, I'm sure there's still a bit more left inside you on this one, just screaming to get out...

Guest Chubby Jason

I used to see Owen in Total Fitness all the time, he obviously spent nearly all his time in the Cheshire area.

Lived all over really, Bramhall, Cheadle Hulme and living in Whythenshawe now. You?

...Kadar is at Huddersfield, Lua Lua's at Brighton, Guthrie hasn't played well for about a year, Ranger's s*** on Pardew's pillow, Ameobi's inconsistent, Lovenkrands is consistently s***, Campbell's spat his dummy out, both Taylor's are f***ed. Apart from that everything's cush.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I would be happy with Ireland, seems to be that i am in the minority though. I have always thought of him as someone with a lot fo skill and ability, just really needs someone to control that.

Didn't pardew say something about knocking down Ashley's door in the quests for funds?

Must be one of those re-enforced ones.

depends on your reasons to appoint said spiv. in this case i suspect those reasons were something like the opposite of parting with cash.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is why talking a good game sometimes comes back to bite you.

He was all ' I'm going to tell Ashley how it is, in going to bang the door down '. In theory that's great, but theory goes out if the window with Ashley. He works on a whim!

I think we will see a new face in particularly with the players we are missing, but it will probably be a deadline day deal when players/ agents are panicking and the fat one know he will get the best deal.

It's like the 2/3rd day of the Next sale. All the best buys have gone and you get the pick of what's left!

No need to panic yet. It looks like wages are the problem with SWP and Ireland, but it also looks like a problem for the other clubs that are interested in them.

My guess is that something will get cobbled together at the last minute.

Under Ashley it's seemed as if we never do January deals until the last week. I was surprised we pounced so quickly for HBA. Not panicking yet, I reckon we'll see a couple of new arrivals.