NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'd take him on a loan deal until the end of the season as I find it a little worrying how he can go from being so good at City to so bad at Villa.

He may possibly be a confidence player in which case would he really succeed here, we don't exactly have a reputation for being the most patient of fans.

The more i think about it the more i think that signing Ireland would be a good move.  He is obviously very talanted.

Would this be such a bad front six?  I think we are one or two players short of having a very good team going forward.

Carroll

Ireland

Ben Arfa    Nolan    Tiote      Barton           

I'd much rather get a proper second striker tbh

Was arguably the best and most talented player on the pitch in City's first 'big spend' season, which is why I'm surprised he was then dropped and eventually sold to Villa.

He's been shit since like and would only take him if he really really promised he'd be back in form :lol: Doubt he would be like.

He may be alreet in the 'hole' with tiote and nolan behind him (then again he may not), he was absolutely quality for City a couple years back and scored some cracking goals. Theres no way he just woke up one morning and suddenly lost his talent as a footballer.

Would be a massive risk though so anything other than a loan or low transfer/free with reduced wages would be a big no no.

Who would you rather sign SWP or Ireland?

SWP for his pace, and his ability to go past an opponent. I could see him fitting in right away, while Ireland may need more time before he found his niche.

Nothing like it was.

Either would be just terrible signings imo.

I get a Kinnear-like impression from Pardew when he talks about signings this window.

It just sounds like he's trying to dance around the questions until February 1st when he can turn around and go "Oh well, we tried". Needless to say, I have Deadline Day off again and will be sat glued to SSN and the internet all day hoping to be proved wrong :(

I get a Kinnear-like impression from Pardew when he talks about signings this window.

It just sounds like he's trying to dance around the questions until February 1st when he can turn around and go "Oh well, we tried". Needless to say, I have Deadline Day off again and will be sat glued to SSN and the internet all day hoping to be proved wrong :(

tbh that time you couldn't be sure we had actually had tried for anyone whereas this time we have tried for players but the club had strict guidelines in that no stupid wages being given out which has hampered transfers in

Before Wigan, West Ham and Sunderland i thought imports were absolutely crucial. I don't think they are now, tbh.

Imports aren't crucial as far as staying up is concerned but there are still areas which need improving. A pacey forward would be useful but where are we going to get one for the sort of money we are looking to spend?