NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I don't get it. It doesn't make ANY sense. At all.

Why sell a player doing a decent job who probably isn't even on much wages and would probably be happy not being a guaranteed starter?

Is it just that Mike Ashley is allergic to stability?

Squads are overrated.

As Wullie said recently we have a fairly big squad, it just lacks quality. Shame we seem to be shipping the better parts of it

Really? The only ones we are actively getting shot of seem distinctly average to me, and that incudes Best if this paper talk isn't just fallout from a Steven Wraith tweet.

Did well in his purple patch, but I really don't rate him as much of a player tbh.

Perhaps there's something going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to? i.e. the board has fallen out with key members of the squad and has decided to just ship out anyone who they don't like?

Squads are overrated.

As Wullie said recently we have a fairly big squad, it just lacks quality. Shame we seem to be shipping the better parts of it

Really? The only ones we are actively getting shot of seem distinctly average to me, and that incudes Best if this paper talk isn't just fallout from a Steven Wraith tweet.

Did well in his purple patch, but I really don't rate him as much of a player tbh.

Him and Nolan are starters, we should be building on top of them and shipping the dross beneath them, ala Shola

Perhaps there's something going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to? i.e. the board has fallen out with key members of the squad and has decided to just ship out anyone who they don't like?

Hopefully there is a bigger plan that is happening, involving real quality players coming in and anyone who isn't a top 7 player is available for the right price.

Guest magpie99

I seem to remember a couple of weeks back some papers saying Birmingham wanted Best.

He might be cheap, trouble free and can score the occasional goal but if we sold him for 4 million, we must have better options coming in. Ashley surely cannot be that stupid.

Maybe we are moving Smith back as an out an out forward to justify the salary we are paying him..................OK..Sorry about that. was in MA mode.

Why sell a player doing a decent job who probably isn't even on much wages and would probably be happy not being a guaranteed starter?

We don't even know if this is a starter yet, Douglas + Wraith = Sun article

We don't even know if this is a starter yet, Douglas + Wraith = Sun article

It just seems to be such a random story that's not exciting enough to fabricate unless there was some actual truth behind it.

I'm not stirring at all here and I'm certainly not trying to stir up any of the usual dull Keegan debate, but I was reading True Faith on the way to work this morning and couldn't help but be struck by Keegan's comments at the beginning of May:

“It is not going to be reinvested is it, I think that’s obvious,” he said. “As a Newcastle fan, if Carroll is the only one you are going to lose you have to be pretty thankful.

"There may well be other players going as we speak. I think they’ll sell two more players and then he’ll sell the club. And that’ll be the best day Newcastle fans have, when he sells the club.

“I’d love to be able to give Newcastle fans some encouragement but I can’t see it getting any better in the short term.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8485428/Liverpool-will-not-win-the-Premier-League-for-at-least-five-years-says-former-Anfield-great-Kevin-Keegan.html

I personally don't believe for a minute that he'll sell the club soon, but it does make you think slightly.

Squads are overrated.

Him and Nolan are starters, we should be building on top of them and shipping the dross beneath them, ala Shola

Sorry, you can't include Nolan, we offered the guy a contract.

Let me repeat... Cambell, Kuqi, Best, Ranger and Smith are the only ones the press have suggeted we want shot of or have left.

I wouldn't cry over any of them.

Maybe the club are encouraged by Ba's medical and that has changed their plans. Seems a quick turnaround for it all to be coincidence.

I'd take slight solace in us getting £4m for Best and the mackems only getting £10m for Gyan. Maybe were in for him as well.  O0

I'm not stirring at all here and I'm certainly not trying to stir up any of the usual dull Keegan debate, but I was reading True Faith on the way to work this morning and couldn't help but be struck by Keegan's comments at the beginning of May:

“It is not going to be reinvested is it, I think that’s obvious,” he said. “As a Newcastle fan, if Carroll is the only one you are going to lose you have to be pretty thankful.

"There may well be other players going as we speak. I think they’ll sell two more players and then he’ll sell the club. And that’ll be the best day Newcastle fans have, when he sells the club.

“I’d love to be able to give Newcastle fans some encouragement but I can’t see it getting any better in the short term.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8485428/Liverpool-will-not-win-the-Premier-League-for-at-least-five-years-says-former-Anfield-great-Kevin-Keegan.html

I personally don't believe for a minute that he'll sell the club soon, but it does make you think slightly.

I don't believe it because we're signing players for £5 million and signing others down to long-term contracts. It's all very confusing though, just when I get my head around what we might have planned... I start doubting the Dear Leader's intentions once again.

We've shown intent to reinvest at least a significant portion of the money though, so that quote doesn't really hold a lot of water.

It's the outgoings that are more concerning.

I can't see the joy the doubt then slight joy, the doubt then mega doubt and suicidal doubt stopping until the window closes, and even then were only catching our breath until the winter window to go through it all again.

I'm just trying to enjoy it, try not let it all get to me.  Fuking hard work.

Squads are overrated.

Sorry, you can't include Nolan, we offered the guy a contract.

Let me repeat... Cambell, Kuqi, Best, Ranger and Smith are the only ones the press have suggeted we want shot of or have left.

I wouldn't cry over any of them.

He had two years left on his contract

I can't see the joy the doubt then slight joy, the doubt then mega doubt and suicidal doubt stopping until the window closes, and even then were only catching our breath until the winter window to go through it all again.

I'm just trying to enjoy it, try not let it all get to me.  Fuking hard work.

What we need, is a nice juicy signing or two announced tomorrow. Everybody's craving that buzz. Addicted!

I can't imagine anyone falling out with Best or Ranger. Would be like getting angry over the misadventures of two adorable yet particularly stupid puppies.