NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest guinness_fiend

Not sure what you're laughing at. N'Zogbia has never proved himself to be a disruptive influence within a stable dressing room.

That's not what I said.  Read it again, slowly.

That's exactly what you said. If you're going to make stupid points, do try to remember them before projecting your ignorance onto other people. There's nothing to substantiate that rubbish.

Good grief.  What I said was:

1.  "I thought that N'Zogbia's attitude stank during his last spell at the club"

In his last six months as a Newcastle player, there were repeated instances of him shooting his mouth off in interviews and saying that he wanted to leave, even publicly slagging off decisions made by the management.  The final straw was his public battle with Kinnear (who admittedly didn't do himself any favours).  Google can assist if you cannot remember any of this.

Then I said:

2.  "and I'd rather take a punt on a different player than risk introducing an already proven disruptive influence"

For "already proven disruptive influence", see above and my final comment below.

Which was followed by:

3. "into an otherwise stable dressing-room."

The operative word here is, of course, "into", denoting our current squad.  Many of our current players have made public statements over the last 18 months about how close "this group of lads" is and how the team has benefited from relative stability following our relegation and subsequent promotion.

I have not concocted this out of thin air.  Both statements (ie N'Zogbia's disruptive influence and our current stability) are fairly well documented.  As such, whilst you obviously don't agree, it's far from a stupid point.  

I wouldn't want any player at the club that is likely to cause tidal waves, particularly if they could, on account of their nationality and mother tongue, have an influence on our expanding French contingent.

No team's gonna get through us this season!

Krul

Simpson      Taylor   Coloccini      New LB

[---GIGANTIC MOFO BARRIER---]

Cabaye

N'Zogbia                             Ben Arfa

Ba

:snod:

Not sure what you're laughing at. N'Zogbia has never proved himself to be a disruptive influence within a stable dressing room.

That's not what I said.  Read it again, slowly.

That's exactly what you said. If you're going to make stupid points, do try to remember them before projecting your ignorance onto other people. There's nothing to substantiate that rubbish.

R e a d  i t  a g a i n .  S l o w l y . .

Edit: I see Domokunwins has already pointed out where you've gone wrong. You should do yourself a favour and not get on your high horse with people all the time if you can't even read or properly understand what they are saying.  :crazy2:

Tiote- Matudi- Cabaye does not sit too well with me, I'd imagine/ speculate that they would all sit too deep and occupy the same spaces. Now, Tiote- Cabaye- Martin....

Cabaye likes to get forward, I think the only reason he sat so deep for Lille was that was the role he was given. He's happy box to box.

Tiote- Matudi- Cabaye does not sit too well with me, I'd imagine/ speculate that they would all sit too deep and occupy the same spaces. Now, Tiote- Cabaye- Martin....

This is how I see it, we've complained for eons about our failure to link play from midfield to the forwards, I cannot see this helping, no matter how technicaly gifted the 3 are. That been said Cabaye scored 8 goals in the 2009/2010 season, and apparently played in a more free roal up the pitch?

Ferk knows, I see one defensive midfielder (Tiote) and a deep lying playmaker (Cabaye) as enough, fill the rest out with sexy young French lads.

Bothroyd still to decide future

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6996500,00.html

England striker Jay Bothroyd's future has yet to be decided, according to his agent.

The 28-year-old is due to leave Cardiff when his contract expires later this month.

With QPR, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland and West Ham all battling to sign the forward, representative Sky Andrew insists a deal has yet to be done.

"Jay has just come back from holiday," Andrew said. "It's an exciting time for him because he has spent three years turning his life around.

"He's in a good position, he's a Bosman (transfer).

"There's been quite a lot of interest and now he is back I'm actually just going to sit down with him and try and decide what is the best route to go down."

Hmmm, no thanks.

Liverpool are overrated as fuck. They've got shite in midfield and defence. Suarez is the only world class player they have, and him and Carroll don't work together because he likes the ball at his feet whereas Carroll's advantage is his strength and height. I said this a month ago and people laughed, but we're not far away from them. Ben Arfa and Tiote are better than anything they have in midfield - except an on form Gerrard, who is unlikely to return - and Coloccini and Enrique are better than anything they have in defence.

Sorry mate but I just think that is complete and utter bollocks. They are waaaaay ahead of us. Carroll and Suarez have the potential to be the best partnership in the premiership. Did you not see the football that side were playing after Dalglish took over?

Taarabt happy to join Newcastle as stepping stone to “very big” club

Queen’s Park Rangers midfielder, Adel Taarabt has revealed that he would be happy to join Newcastle as he feels that he doesn’t need a very big club at this stage of his career.

The player, who is intent on a move from the West London club as he feels they will be relegated after their first year if they don’t invest heavily in new players, and is also unhappy at the club not offering him an improved contract with promotion told The Mail on Sunday:

“People say Newcastle will be good for me, that the fans love players like me. It is fantastic to play in front of 50,000 supporters every week.”

Then, in an obvious attempt to ingratiate himself with Newcastle United supporters, he added:

“I do not need one of the very big clubs at this stage of my career.”

The player had previously stated that his ambition was to leave QPR for one of the very big clubs such as Chelsea or Arsenal, but now seems to be prepared to put these plans on hold, possibly due to lack of interest from the big guns. Now it seems that he sees Newcastle United as an ideal club to act as a ‘stepping stone’ on the way to him achieving his ultimate ambition. However, with prices like £10 million being bandied around for Taarabt, which would include up to 40% going to previous club, Tottenham, it is still highly doubtful that Newcastle United would be interested in a player who is relatively unproven at the highest level for that kind of sum.

Meanwhile, things are still unclear on what will be happening with Wayne Routledge and his potentially permanent move in the opposite direction. Routledge, already on loan at Queen’s Park Rangers after being told he was surplus to requirements by current Newcastle United manager, Alan Pardew, is still currently in football limbo.

Fuck off then  ;D

Guest BooBoo

Liverpool will finish in the top 6 next year, to say they're shite in midfield and defence is just all a bit silly.

Then, in an obvious attempt to ingratiate himself with Newcastle United supporters, he added:

How the fuck would that ingratiate him with the supporters.  ???

:lol:

I wouldn't want Taarabt for that kind of money given that he's unproven at this level.

Liverpool are well ahead of us at the moment, they have the potential to push for top 4 this season, Suarez looks superb, we all know how effective Carroll is. If they click they'll have the best front line in the league, even though Gerrard may have lost a little to his game he's still one of the best in the league.

Taarabt happy to join Newcastle as stepping stone to “very big” club

Queen’s Park Rangers midfielder, Adel Taarabt has revealed that he would be happy to join Newcastle as he feels that he doesn’t need a very big club at this stage of his career.

The player, who is intent on a move from the West London club as he feels they will be relegated after their first year if they don’t invest heavily in new players, and is also unhappy at the club not offering him an improved contract with promotion told The Mail on Sunday:

“People say Newcastle will be good for me, that the fans love players like me. It is fantastic to play in front of 50,000 supporters every week.”

The player had previously stated that his ambition was to leave QPR for one of the very big clubs such as Chelsea or Arsenal, but now seems to be prepared to put these plans on hold, possibly due to lack of interest from the big guns. Now it seems that he sees Newcastle United as an ideal club to act as a ‘stepping stone’ on the way to him achieving his ultimate ambition. However, with prices like £10 million being bandied around for Taarabt, which would include up to 40% going to previous club, Tottenham, it is still highly doubtful that Newcastle United would be interested in a player who is relatively unproven at the highest level for that kind of sum.

Meanwhile, things are still unclear on what will be happening with Wayne Routledge and his potentially permanent move in the opposite direction. Routledge, already on loan at Queen’s Park Rangers after being told he was surplus to requirements by current Newcastle United manager, Alan Pardew, is still currently in football limbo.

f*** off then  ;D

:lol:, aye he can f*** off! Wouldn't want a player with an ego as big as his here!

what he's said is very disrespectful, ok he maybe honest but how stupid is it to make comments like that. I think we are the best he could do anyway but I doubt we'd pay that for him.

How the f*** would that ingratiate him with the supporters.  ???

:lol:

That sentence MAY have had a hint of sarcasm hidden in it. I could be wrong.

Just the very thought of a midfield three of Cabaye - Matuidi - Tiote, wow. That would be unbelievable. I'll be amazingly thrilled if we can pull that off.

Can't see how we're gonna get Matuidi. We will have to pay atleast £10m++ which i don't believe we will

Every Newcastle fan is waiting with baited breath for the Andy Carroll money to be spent. Not least to lift the doom and gloom that has developed on Tyneside following bad news over both Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan’s departure.

And now Alan Pardew is ready to begin his revolution at St. James with a much-needed restructuring of his forward line.  This week, the former Southampton boss will launch a bold £8m bid for Arsenal’s Nicklas Bendtner.

The not-so-great Dane will almost certainly be leaving the Emirates this summer after failing to establish himself in the first team. Bendtner has made little impact at Arsenal. His 22 Premiership goals in four years at the club demonstrate he is not ready for the pressures and demands of being a top player at a top club.

Every Newcastle fan is waiting with baited breath for the Andy Carroll money to be spent. Not least to lift the doom and gloom that has developed on Tyneside following bad news over both Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan’s departure.

And now Alan Pardew is ready to begin his revolution at St. James with a much-needed restructuring of his forward line.  This week, the former Southampton boss will launch a bold £8m bid for Arsenal’s Nicklas Bendtner.

The not-so-great Dane will almost certainly be leaving the Emirates this summer after failing to establish himself in the first team. Bendtner has made little impact at Arsenal. His 22 Premiership goals in four years at the club demonstrate he is not ready for the pressures and demands of being a top player at a top club.

A blog or something?  Anyway, don't want him, and luckily we're seemingly not after him. IMO.

Guest Heneage

I hate Bendtner, would be underwhelmed if we signed him. He should go back to Denmark and play for FCK, that's his level.

Are you Swedish?