NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest guinness_fiend

Is Scott Brown that ultrashit?

Not ultrashit, but ain't that good.  Short temper, likely to fly into tackles and get sent off.

Actually, a bit like Cattermole.

I saw a lot of him when I lived in Scotland, as I was a regular at Easter Road (I was staying with a Hibs fan, for my sins). 

This was years ago now, but he looked very promising before he left Hibs and became a faceless extra at Celtic.  With decent support (and playing in a propert league), he would be a good squad player and decent enough cover for either of our main central midfielders.

Guest Roger Kint

Maiga is anything but nailed on according to Pardew

Source?

Theres a Pardew quote from a few weeks back on here. Discussed for a fair bit in either the Maiga/Pardew thread iirc

Maiga is anything but nailed on according to Pardew

Source?

Theres a Pardew quote from a few weeks back on here. Discussed for a fair bit in either the Maiga/Pardew thread iirc

I can't find the word maiga in the last 20 pages of the pardew thread (goes back to 2 Nov) and the last info in the Maiga thread is Maiga saying "I hope it happens this winter or summer."

Was the quote about the player directly or just a general state on potential/lack of potential incomings? 

Probably the wrong thread, but linked in the way that Alan Brazil is always saying Maiga is already signed.

He was talking this morning about how he is always texting Peter Beardsley.

I suppose he is the source of all this supposed inside info he claims to have.

If we do look for a replacement in the event Tiote is sold, I still think that replacement will come from abroad as with other signings and probably from France again.

If this does happen, and the replacement (if there is one) is someone like Scott Brown or Darron Gibson I would be disgusted.

I would expect the club to stick with Cabaye and Guthrie, with Gosling and Abeid as back up though.

Maiga had a decent start to the season but hasn't scored much lately, Giroud from the little i've seen and read seems to be the more natural goal scorer.

Hard to score when you don't play like.

Been a while since i saw one of their games, why hasn't he played lately?

Maiga had a decent start to the season but hasn't scored much lately, Giroud from the little i've seen and read seems to be the more natural goal scorer.

Hard to score when you don't play like.

Been a while since i saw one of their games, why hasn't he played lately?

Injury. Not sure what kind. That's the official line anyway.

Seems a bit much but he is someone I have thought was worth a punt for a while (Along with Toons Taylor).

Edit:  Yeah reading the thread further it does seem like complete bollocks :lol:

Out of contract in the summer though, would be well worth a punt either on the cheap in January or compensation in the summer.

Aye, £4 million seems a bit too much if he's out of contract in the summer. Never really seen him play tbh, seen lots of good reports about him though and a lot of people on here seem to rate him :thup: