NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Stoke being linked with a loan move for Darren Gibson. Another player who would walk into our midfield.

He's class, if available we should be looking. I doubt he'll leave Man Utd on loan though, he was breaking through a bit towards the end of the season.

Is he really that good ?? I know a few Manure fans and they all reckon that apart from having a cracking shot on him he's got very little else. That said that's still more than what Smith has in his locker!

Talking of Stoke rumours going round that we're after Fuller :(

Stoke being linked with a loan move for Darren Gibson. Another player who would walk into our midfield.

He's class, if available we should be looking. I doubt he'll leave Man Utd on loan though, he was breaking through a bit towards the end of the season.

Is he really that good ?? I know a few Manure fans and they all reckon that apart from having a cracking shot on him he's got very little else. That said that's still more than what Smith has in his locker!

Talking of Stoke rumours going round that we're after Fuller :(

I've been very impressed whenever I've seen him. He seems strong and mobile enough, good range of passing as well.

Obviously I'd have to defer to Man Utd fans like, I've haven't seen him that often.

Fuller tore us to shreds last time didn't he, that was embarrassing.

I do wonder how they will motivate themselves if they do get relegated.

"one thing we do know is that this group of lads will want to prove to everyone that they are good enough to play in the best league in the world" said Chris Hughton, May 2011.

Hmm.

Without trying to condemn our fate before we've even started... if we do get relegated again, there isn't a hope of us jumping back up at the first chance. The group of 'best players' we'll inevitably lose won't be as expendable in the same way Martins, Owen and Viduka were 12 months ago. There'll be a greater need to dip into the youths and reserves than there was this season just gone.

"one thing we do know is that this group of lads will want to prove to everyone that they are good enough to play in the best league in the world" said Chris Hughton, May 2011.

Hmm.

im not sure of the relevance of that quote? they still will wont they?

:lol:

The point being that if this 'group of lads' gets relegated then them 'wanting to prove they are good enough' would be faintly ridiculous given that the opposite would have been proven twice.

Granted, that is a bit complicated for some to follow.

Hmm.

Without trying to condemn our fate before we've even started... if we do get relegated again, there isn't a hope of us jumping back up at the first chance. The group of 'best players' we'll inevitably lose won't be as expendable in the same way Martins, Owen and Viduka were 12 months ago. There'll be a greater need to dip into the youths and reserves than there was this season just gone.

I see no reason for the squad needing to be trimmed down again. If the finances keeping the current lot there worked last season, they would next season.

It is becoming more and more evident that we are relegation fodder when you see all the clubs around us including Blackpool signing players like their is no tomorrow whilst we sit by, dreaming of past glories.

This squad will take us down, even with Blackpool above us.

I am afraid this time, NUFC will disappear into obscurity.

:facepalm:

There has been one game of the season and still two weeks left of the transfer window.

:thup:

Hatem Ben Arfa might not be signing -> we're not going to sign any players -> we're going to be relegated -> the club will disappear into obscurity.

Awesome.

It is becoming more and more evident that we are relegation fodder when you see all the clubs around us including Blackpool signing players like their is no tomorrow whilst we sit by, dreaming of past glories.

This squad will take us down, even with Blackpool above us.

I am afraid this time, NUFC will disappear into obscurity.

:facepalm:

There has been one game of the season and still two weeks left of the transfer window.

:thup:

Hatem Ben Arfa might not be signing -> we're not going to sign any players -> we're going to be relegated -> the club will disappear into obscurity.

Awesome.

Even if Ben Arfa doesn't sign, we still have 2 weeks to sign a player who's good enough for us. Even if we don't sign anybody, it isn't said we will go down (allthough, the chances would be higher).

Guest Roger Kint

People discuss genuine concerns based on what is needed within a now limited timeframe > patronising claims they are panicking/on suicide watch because of it

Awesome

Guest andrew

We will finish 15th.

I hope so. The thing that worries me is our lack of depth, I think if we can stay away from injuries to Jose, Campbell/Mike/colo, barton and carroll- we can scrape some draws and victories. We need 3/4 new players but we'll probably see around 2 in by September 1st. I thought we did alright at Manchester, lot's of teams have done worse

Hmm.

I see no reason for the squad needing to be trimmed down again. If the finances keeping the current lot there worked last season, they would next season.

Well yeah, i agree. But it wouldn't be a case of us needing to ship players out again to trim the wage bill - but simply because the likes of Carroll, Jose, Colo and Jonas aren't gonna stick around for another year in the Championship.

Guest Roger Kint

People think we're going to survive > patronising claims about forgiving Ashley and having their heads in the clouds.

It's pointless to make meta posts like this, it works bother ways... it's all about opinions.

I agree, i still think we will stay up.....i have to think that or i would just be some daft twat sitting in a crowd for no reason but its not panic to see and discuss the situation as it stands imo

People think we're going to survive > patronising claims about forgiving Ashley and having their heads in the clouds.

It's pointless to make meta posts like this, it works bother ways... it's all about opinions.

I agree, i still think we will stay up.....i have to think that or i would just be some daft t*** sitting in a crowd for no reason but its not panic to see and discuss the situation as it stands imo

A lot of people just assume that anyone with a different opinion is an idiot.

That's a problem for most on here, including myself at times... Obviously for some more than others though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm actually encouraged by our game against Man Utd, we didn't get completely annihilated and battled hard for the whole game, if we keep that kind of attitude this year (with help from some new signings) ten we should be able to stay up

I'm actually encouraged by our game against Man Utd, we didn't get completely annihilated and battled hard for the whole game, if we keep that kind of attitude this year (with help from some new signings) ten we should be able to stay up

I am as well, I'm definitely more optimistic after the game than before it.

Strange for a 3-0 defeat obviously.

Guest Roger Kint

I agree, i still think we will stay up.....i have to think that or i would just be some daft t*** sitting in a crowd for no reason but its not panic to see and discuss the situation as it stands imo

That's a problem for most on here, including myself at times... Obviously for some more than others though.

Eh?

Eh?

Think he was agreeing with you.