NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Ian, the club have still failed to fill the positions that we're most threadbare in, and have been for a long time, and that's left full back and both wings as we have one player in all three positions.  Still, having one for each position is a bit better than having no right winger at all since Milner was sold, as it only took a year and a half to fill that gap in the squad.

Aye, I am surprised by the LB thing, although signing a player who is prepared to be back-up to a player as young as Enrique is obviously a challenge.

But then again we were equally threadbare in other positions before we made some decent signings. With Taylor's fitness we were in need of at least 1 CB, and before the signing of Routledge we had zero right wingers.

I'm not saying we've been amazing in the transfer market, but with the low budget we've set ourselves we have managed to make some decent additions.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the window.

I wan't having a go at you lad, but at the club as a whole.  They need to look at where playing square pegs in round holes for a few seasons has got us.  Considering that Hughton hasn't  had a transfer budget from day one then I'm impressed by the fact that he's managed to at least fill some of the gaps.

Guest neesy111

It's alright though, the nice Mr Hughton recognises that we need extra bodies in, so panic over. Imagine if we'd had a threadbare squad lacking in pace, creativity and a quality forward? That would have been terrible, just terrible...

Really starting to hate hughton, talks a good game, nice chap, but really don't think he has it in regards to identifying the players we need

You are blaming Hughton? Jesus wept.

He was already insane before this whole Ben Arfa thing really got started and he certanly hasnt got any better during it...

Neesy that is, not Chris.

:lol:

i just said hughton talks a good game, whether he delivers is debateable! he keep's saying players will be coming in, well where are they then!

btw, I've never been a massive chris hughton fan, alright winning the championship but the premiership is a different kettle of fish!

Hughton is Ashley's ideal 'manager' (read 'coach').

He's obviously an intelligent man and can see the glaring gaps in the squad. However, despite the kudos of leading the club back up to the PL at the first attempt, he doesn't have the gravitas to force Ashley's hand on transfers and considering that even Keegan couldn't do this I doubt anyone will.

He can't do a 'Keegan' and walk out, Ashley will just replace him with another, probably cheaper, coach who he can feed scraps to.

There is no 'transfer policy', if there was we would be taking more of a gamble on promising players knowing we could recoup the money in the future.

Unfortunately, it appears we will continue to stumble along in the current fashion until:

A) The club is sold.

B) We are relegated.

I can't see us re-establishing in the PL until we invest, sensibly, in new players. Maybe Ashley has something up his sleeve and three or four proven performers will come in before the window closes but I can't see it.

I'm beginning to wonder if Hughton is being strung along by the club and he's just passing it on.

Perch was a player on the cheap we'd already done the groundwork on months prior, Gosling was a unique case and probably identified as an easy way to make £3m in the near future and Campbell was free.

I question how much involvement he is having with these deals and supposed offers for other players.

Yes, most sensible comment on the whole thing Dave...nail on head.

Also, Hughton knew the situation before he took the job, so there's no reason for him to walk out or to try to force Ashley's hand.

True, I don't think Hughton is being 'strung along', he knows the situation and is seemingly happy to work under these conditions.

There's no way in hell Hughton is being strung along. He's been here long enough now to know what Ashley is like and what's he done in transfer windows.

Unless he's like a battered housewife, telling his friends and family "I can change him, he loves me. I can make him nice again..."

There's no way in hell Hughton is being strung along. He's been here long enough now to know what Ashley is like and what's he done in transfer windows.

Unless he's like a battered housewife, telling his friends and family "I can change him, he loves me. I can make him nice again..."

"There's been no contact but I remain hopeful of being able to change him again."

Guest BooBoo

The Chronicle are carrying a nothing story about us wanting a loan of Weiss from Man City but it looks like he's going to Stuttgart instead.

It is becoming more and more evident that we are relegation fodder when you see all the clubs around us including Blackpool signing players like their is no tomorrow whilst we sit by, dreaming of past glories.

This squad will take us down, even with Blackpool above us.

I am afraid this time, NUFC will disappear into obscurity.

Guest taps01

It is becoming more and more evident that we are relegation fodder when you see all the clubs around us including Blackpool signing players like their is no tomorrow whilst we sit by, dreaming of past glories.

Get a grip!

:facepalm:

There has been one game of the season and still two weeks left of the transfer window.

There has been one game of the season and still two weeks left of the transfer window.

Stoke being linked with a loan move for Darren Gibson. Another player who would walk into our midfield.

He's class, if available we should be looking. I doubt he'll leave Man Utd on loan though, he was breaking through a bit towards the end of the season.

:thup:

I do wonder how they will motivate themselves if they do get relegated.

"one thing we do know is that this group of lads will want to prove to everyone that they are good enough to play in the best league in the world" said Chris Hughton, May 2011.

Hmm.

"one thing we do know is that this group of lads will want to prove to everyone that they are good enough to play in the best league in the world" said Chris Hughton, May 2011.

Hmm.

im not sure of the relevance of that quote? they still will wont they?

"one thing we do know is that this group of lads will want to prove to everyone that they are good enough to play in the best league in the world" said Chris Hughton, Joe Kinnear May 2011.

Hmm.

Doubt Hughton's still here if we really get relegated.