NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

Coyle has now confirmed that he has spoken to Newcastle counterpart Chris Hughton regarding the player but no further moves have been made.

He told Bolton News: "I had a conversation with Chris Hughton at the time because the player's name had been mentioned without anyone having any dialogue with me, and he said that Jlloyd was on his list - he didn't mention whether that was at the top, middle or bottom.

"I informed Jlloyd but it hasn't moved on from there

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/127743-newcastle-united-move-for-jlloyd-samuel-not-dead-claims-bolton-wanderers-boss.html

Coyle has now confirmed that he has spoken to Newcastle counterpart Chris Hughton regarding the player but no further moves have been made.

He told Bolton News: "I had a conversation with Chris Hughton at the time because the player's name had been mentioned without anyone having any dialogue with me, and he said that Jlloyd was on his list - he didn't mention whether that was at the top, middle or bottom.

"I informed Jlloyd but it hasn't moved on from there

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/127743-newcastle-united-move-for-jlloyd-samuel-not-dead-claims-bolton-wanderers-boss.html

Smacks of desperation. Please come back and bid, i'll happily accept the £1m now, please!!!

Guest MrBrown

Got Bolton to blab so we could negotiate price down on Perch

Have you ever thought about producing a documentary for Antiquities Research Films?

If it meant kadar getting a full season on loan somewhere I wouldn't be against Samuel on the very cheap.

Give him a few months with the squad in PL and play him as cover when needed or coming off the bench a couple of times, then come Jan we can take stock and send him out on loan somewhere for the 2nd half and we get someone cheap.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6288064,00.html

Seagulls close on LuaLua

Poyet hoping to finalise deal to re-sign winger

Last updated: 31st July 2010

Gus Poyet is confident Brighton & Hove Albion are edging nearer towards re-signing Newcastle United winger Kazenga LuaLua.

The 19-year-old impressed during a loan spell at the Withdean Stadium last season and made 11 appearances in League One.

Seagulls boss Poyet has been trying to set up a deal to bring LuaLua back to the club and is now optimistic a deal is close to being agreed.

"I won't say it's close until it's done, but we are getting there," Poyet told The Argus. "We have got a chance now. I'm confident. I was confident all the time.

"The problem is when you set up a pre-season we want as many players as possible as early as possible.

"We are one week from the start so, of course, if you cannot get him early, you get him any time.

"It looks like it could be a loan more than anything. A season's loan would be perfect."

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2107416,00.html

Hughton looking to build

Newcastle United manager Chris Hughton wants to add strength in depth to his squad.

Last season's Championship winners have only brought in James Perch, Dan Gosling and Sol Campbell this summer as they prepare for their return to the Barclays Premier League.

There have been concerns that Hughton will not have enough options, especially in attack, to avoid relegation.

But Newcastle's manager has confirmed that he has money to spend and that he expects to bring additional faces to St James' Park before a season-opener at Manchester United.

"We need to make sure that we have a squad that has the depth to cope with the Premier League," Hughton said. "We still need to strengthen.

"There is money to bring in more players and we expect to do more business."

Hope that's true.

Hughton looking to build

Newcastle United manager Chris Hughton wants to add strength in depth to his squad.

Last season's Championship winners have only brought in James Perch, Dan Gosling and Sol Campbell this summer as they prepare for their return to the Barclays Premier League.

There have been concerns that Hughton will not have enough options, especially in attack, to avoid relegation.

But Newcastle's manager has confirmed that he has money to spend and that he expects to bring additional faces to St James' Park before a season-opener at Manchester United.

"We need to make sure that we have a squad that has the depth to cope with the Premier League," Hughton said. "We still need to strengthen.

Hope that's true.

i trust him

Hughton looking to build

Hope that's true.

i trust him

Tis good news, would love us to get someone who can create from the middle of the pitch.

Every time I watched Uruguay play he was the player I thought we should go for. Bit on the short side for a DM, but a good tackler and passer of the ball, really tenacious with a great work ethic as well.

Guest BooBoo

I once saw Acuna in the metro centre and it's no exaggeration to say he could have easily been mistaken for a vagrant. Scruffy get.

Guest Heneage

A midfielder with defensive attributes is a must. Sign him and I'll be much happier about our chances of survival.

Any word on how much Veloso went for? The fact Moutinho went for so little makes me wish we'd considered bidding.

Every time I watched Uruguay play he was the player I thought we should go for. Bit on the short side for a DM, but a good tackler and passer of the ball, really tenacious with a great work ethic as well.

thought exactly the same, reminded me of makelele a bit. very pleased to see us linked with him.

Aye, there is a risk but I can't see him costing more than £1.5m. Like you said, sometimes its worth taking risks on players who haven't played in Europe. look at Figueroa for example, he came to England having played in Honduras his whole career at the age of 25. He's arguably one of the best LBs in the league. Palacios is a similar case, he signed for Wigan at the age of 24.

He was so composed during the WC, the second best DM after Khedira imo.