NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Darren Bent was seen in Newcastle last night.

:fishing:

Of course he was. Who'd go for a pint in fecking Pennywell or Seaburn?

Steve Bruce

Steven Taylor will not be fit for a few weeks so I would imagine PL clubs would be reluctant to loan a player in those circumstances.  The loan window for Championship clubs re-opens in September so I guess if they end up not giving him a squad number, it would make sense for him to have a short term loan to regain match fitmess.

But there seems to be an element of humiliating the player going on - maybe it is just the media - but I do not think it is necessary.

So much for Hughton being a negative manager. With these targets it really shows he would rather not play negative football.

If we get Keane in we really will have some great options, I bet a few at the bottom are getting a bit depressed at our signings, if it was west brom I would be gutted and getting ready for another championship season real soon :)

So much for Hughton being a negative manager. With these targets it really shows he would rather not play negative football.

If we get Keane in we really will have some great options, I bet a few at the bottom are getting a bit depressed at our signings, if it was west brom I would be gutted and getting ready for another championship season real soon :)

I wouldn't say so just yet. Wigan, West Ham, Blackburn, and even Stoke haven't done anything that impresses me yet in the transfer window. All of them if they don't get their act together could be in for a very tough season. Hopefully us making a decent start gives us a cutting edge above them all.

I also think that you could add Bolton to that list, again they haven't done anything special and as the season goes on I think it will start to tell.

Yep, he's pretty much had his hands tied with the type of players he has had up until now which has determined the style of football we had to play to be effective. He is looking at players like Ben Arfa and Keane now though which is great and as you say it looks like he is getting the team closer to a good footballing side. Top marks again for Chris.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I heard this the other day,  would Ashley really allow CH to buy another keeper when we've got 1 away on loan and 2 1st team keepers including Krul??

Guest MrBrown

I heard this the other day,  would Ashley really allow CH to buy another keeper when we've got 1 away on loan and 2 1st team keepers including Krul??

Erm...

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Which keeper?

The one that scored a hattrick.  :doh: