NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest firetotheworks

I can't imagine Robbie Keane retiring without having played for us. He's always been one of those players I've felt would play for us at some point.

Dean Sturridge to sign?

says whom?

Just been confirmed on twitter by roger the dodger.

I take it you mean Sturridge from Chelsea

And who the f*** is roger the dodger?

Daniel Sturridge would be a good loan!

I can't imagine Robbie Keane retiring without having played for us. He's always been one of those players I've felt would play for us at some point.

True. I thought the same about Owen, Viduka and Campbell for some reason.

Agree with this. SWP is another one. Again, as I've said in the past (relating to Campbell), it's probably just down to the amount of times we've been linked to them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thoughts on Robbie Keane, would people be happy with him?

What's he doing? Giving out Ice Cream? Putting cats into bins? Expand on the scenario, please.

I'd be happy with him as he's better than our current strikers but Carroll imo.

I'd be happy if we didn't sign him, as we don't need him desperately.

Guest neesy111

What's he doing? Giving out Ice Cream? Putting cats into bins? Expand on the scenario, please.

Would people be happy with him at NUFC on Loan.......

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

50/50

I don't see where Keane would fit personally, but he is a quality player who would offer something different to any of our other forwards.

Couldn't see him being an automatic starter (away from home principally) and so would be surprised to see him arrive.

Guest firetotheworks

Agree with this. SWP is another one. Again, as I've said in the past (relating to Campbell), it's probably just down to the amount of times we've been linked to them.

Nah, I dunno. I always imagined Alan Smith too, and we were hardly linked with him until he came.

I was talking to my boss today about Bougherra too. He described him as 'absolutely amazing.'...so aye, sounds good.

There's about ten pages of discussion in here mate, look back a bit. :thup:

Nah, I dunno. I always imagined Alan Smith too, and we were hardly linked with him until he came.

I was talking to my boss today about Bougherra too. He described him as 'absolutely amazing.'...so aye, sounds good.

We were linked with him plenty before he went to Man Utd, and people on here would always advocate his signing as the "closest thing to the next Alan Shearer" if I remember rightly. I was probably in that crowd, embarrasingly enough.

Are you joking?

Guest firetotheworks

Are you joking?

No, but I'm sure you think I should be. There was never anything sustained, or concrete.

Are you joking?

No, but I'm sure you think I should be. There was never anything sustained, or concrete.

It was revealed that he'd refused to go to Middlesbrough because he wanted to join us about a month before he signed.

Not to mention the bid we made in 2004.

Guest firetotheworks

Are you joking?

It was revealed that he'd refused to go to Middlesbrough because he wanted to join us about a month before he signed.

I wasn't aware of that one. That was during my time away from football, I think. Either way, whatever, it barely matters.

Are you joking?

I can't find the link right now but there was a mint article on Skysports where Southgate said it showed how far the club had come when they "nearly signed Alan Smith". :lol:

Same here, though I thought that for about a decade about Del Piero. :(