NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

raw but definite talent there, just don't see the need for another cb tbh

If we get one I'd want it to be a first teamer not a ressie. I guess it depends on whether Kadar is going to be used at CB/LB.

I'd be over the fucking moon with Onuoha like, especially at that price.

Onuoha is exactly the type of player we should be looking to sign as he is a young fit player who can improve, unlike the turgid Kris Boyd who will only add to our teams lack of mobility.

Onuoha is exactly the type of player we should be looking to sign as he is a young fit player who can improve, unlike the turgid Kris Boyd who will only add to our teams lack of mobility.

Onuoha is quite injury prone isn't he? Good player though, and would walk into our first XI imo.

Guest toonlass

Boyd is only 2 years older. Hardly ancient!

My main concern is that Cleverley appaears to be an attacking central midfielder, judging by his goals tally at Watford last season which seems similar to a role Vukic seems to occupy at NUFC.

We also currently have the likes of Nolan, Barton and Guthrie who are also classed as central midfielders who will mosty likely be uppermost in CHs mind to play.

I would have thought we have more important positions to fill in the side first with cover required for both full back and wing positions as well as a goalscoring forward of the smaller variety before we start to look at kids from other clubs academies where there is no `chance of signing permanently, such as Wilshire and Cleverley.

Ashley seems keen to develop our own so lets do it rather than developing others clubs kids for them.

He's best on the wing. He'd provide good competition for Routledge (who I'd personally rate him above, the PL requires more than pace) as well as cover for the centre (though he seems too lightweight to play there just yet, for me).

Boyd is only 2 years older. Hardly ancient!

Boyd looks and moves like an old man. Age is just a number when comparing those two.

If Boyd wasn't on a free I'd be fucking apoleptic that we were looking to get a slow player like him. He's the sort of Dog and Duck signing that we'd not need were it not for the fact we won't get many better finishers on a bosman.

also in the Chron.......

Newcastle are just one of the clubs credited with an interest in Swedish centre-back Andreas Granqvist by the Dutch media.

The 6ft 3in 25-year-old – who played 17 times for Wigan Athletic from 2007-08, initially on loan – is currently with FC Groningen. Fulham, Wolfsburg, Schalke 04 and Hamburg are others said to be monitoring the player.

Groningen paid £600,000 to sign Granqvist from Helsingborgs two years ago.

It is not clear how United’s reported interest in Granqvist tallies with their stated policy of “no capital outlay” on players this summer. Despite numerous attempts by The Journal to clarify the phrase, Newcastle have stubbornly kept it vague.

Guest toonlass

If Boyd wasn't on a free I'd be fucking apoleptic that we were looking to get a slow player like him. He's the sort of Dog and Duck signing that we'd not need were it not for the fact we won't get many better finishers on a bosman.

I agree. I think he is a steal on a free, and will do better than Harewood, Beckford or Moses in the prem.

also in the Chron.......

Newcastle are just one of the clubs credited with an interest in Swedish centre-back Andreas Granqvist by the Dutch media.

The 6ft 3in 25-year-old who played 17 times for Wigan Athletic from 2007-08, initially on loan is currently with FC Groningen. Fulham, Wolfsburg, Schalke 04 and Hamburg are others said to be monitoring the player.

It is not clear how Uniteds reported interest in Granqvist tallies with their stated policy of no capital outlay on players this summer. Despite numerous attempts by The Journal to clarify the phrase, Newcastle have stubbornly kept it vague.

He is absoloutly trash.

also in the Chron.......

The 6ft 3in 25-year-old – who played 17 times for Wigan Athletic from 2007-08, initially on loan – is currently with FC Groningen. Fulham, Wolfsburg, Schalke 04 and Hamburg are others said to be monitoring the player.

It is not clear how United’s reported interest in Granqvist tallies with their stated policy of “no capital outlay” on players this summer. Despite numerous attempts by The Journal to clarify the phrase, Newcastle have stubbornly kept it vague.

I seem to remember that he has 0 pace.

s.taylor to arsenal for 5m again in sunday mirror and saying chelsea villa and (fucking again) everton are interested

I just don't believe these rumours about big clubs chasing Taylor. He's simply not good enough. I think his agent is trying to tout him round.

Plenty of Ifs and buts about this rumour but if it is true and Taylor is holding the club to ransom, contract extension wise and if more clubs than Arsenal are interested, then start the bidding off at 5million and see how far we can get.

For example:

Arsenal can give us the cash and throw in Senderos who is out of contract, I think.

Everton can give us cash and throw in Yobo

Villa can give us cash and throw in Davies

with the extra cash plus a defender, we can buy, with any additional cash gained from the deal ,in signing Onouha from City or O'Hara from Spurs etc etc etc.