NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

With Routledge on the pitch, our chances of not conceding those late goals against Spurs and Sunderland would have increased.

You give him the ball and he runs away from your goal and down the flank whilst keeping the ball.

That's good enough for me.

With Routledge on the pitch, our chances of not conceding those late goals against Spurs and Sunderland would have increased.

You give him the ball and he runs away from your goal and down the flank whilst keeping the ball.

That's good enough for me.

He isn't Peter Lovenkrands on the right wing should be good enough for anybody.

Not convinced M'Bengue would be a good signing. With Ben Arfa, Barton and potentially Ireland in our squad, I'm not sure we should gamble on volatile players.

I rarely watch Toulouse matches, but from what I have seen of him he looks like he could be a top player. He's athletic, strong and not afraid to get stuck in. He simply wouldn't need to adapt his game to play Premiership football.

Colocho are you a scout or something, seems like you watch 50 games every weekend. And I though I watched a lot of football with like averaging 7-8 games a weekend.

I watch a lot of French football.

Barton also gets caught on the ball far too much when played in the middle, most definitely better when played wide on the right, he doesn't have play like a winger, just play like he has, which is effective, creative and with common sense  :thup:

Yeah he gave the ball away a lot against Villa, which wasn't the best way to go considering he'd been slagging off England players picked ahead of him for the national squad.

We have to sign him even if Jose staying we can not be ok with only one left back.... I think we will be immense with powerful players like him..

He won't join unless he's going to be first choice.

We have to sign him even if Jose staying we can not be ok with only one left back.... I think we will be immense with powerful players like him..

He won't join unless he's going to be first choice.

Don't think that will be a problem somehow.

The sooner we sell Enrique, the better. There's going to be a lot of clubs after M'Bengue this summer.

I'm not sure we're going to be willing to pay for £6-7m it's probably going to take to sign him.

I'm not sure we're going to be willing to pay for £6-7m it's probably going to take to sign him.

If the fee for enrique is north of £12mil, as reported, then i don't see why not.

If the fee for enrique is north of £12mil, as reported, then i don't see why not.

That's allowing for logic though.

That's allowing for logic though.

Well yeah, it would be the logical thing to do, but that doesn't really mean a thing when you consider the buffoons that run our football club.

Out of the left backs we have been linked to, I prefer Wendt or Taiwo. Both are free transfers, but Taiwo is likely unrealistic and will require high wages. It would actually be good business if we sell Enrique and replace him with a quality player on free transfer, leaving money to fix the various gaps in the rest of the team.

Guest MrSundlofer

Out of the left backs we have been linked to, I prefer Wendt or Taiwo.

Before Oscar Wendt "can" play in England and the Premiership he "must" try himself in the Dutch or French leagues. He is absolutely not ready to replace José Enrique at Newcastle Utd.

Do you all see him regularly? When I've seen him, he has looked tentative defensively at times, but a pretty skillful footballer who would be more of a threat than Enrique going forward and could continue a positive partnership with the likes of Jonas on that side. I think he would be a good player to bring in for free.

Guest MrSundlofer

Do you all see him regularly? When I've seen him, he has looked tentative defensively at times, but a pretty skillful footballer who would be more of a threat than Enrique going forward and could continue a positive partnership with the likes of Jonas on that side. I think he would be a good player to bring in for free.

Same nationality, so have good knowledge about him.

Yes, he would be a good squad player but he shouldn't be regular starter at left back.

I rather bring a player from a better league.

Nobody thought that Brede Hangeland could go straight from Danish football and to Premier League either. Look at him today. Everytime i've seen Wendt he has been very good, so could absolutly be tempted to take the chance on him.

Guest MrSundlofer

Nobody thought that Brede Hangeland could go straight from Danish football and to Premier League either. Look at him today. Everytime i've seen Wendt he has been very good, so could absolutly be tempted to take the chance on him.

Brede Hangeland = 194 cm tall, great aerial ability and physical strength = perfect for the Premier League.

I still think Oscar Wendt isn't ready.

On the other hand, it's just my opinion. Who knows, a new league, a new team, a new challenge maybe is just what he needs and improves.

Brede Hangeland = 194 cm tall, great aerial ability and physical strength = perfect for the Premier League.

I still think Oscar Wendt isn't ready.

On the other hand, it's just my opinion. Who knows, a new league, a new team, a new challenge maybe is just what he needs and improves.

This lads a full back tho' non?

I thought he could. :huff:

Guest palnese

Nobody thought that Brede Hangeland could go straight from Danish football and to Premier League either.

Wrong.