NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Nobody thought that Brede Hangeland could go straight from Danish football and to Premier League either.

Wrong.

Was a bit of a sweeping statement like

especially considering that nutter in love with hangeland on here

In his first half season Brede Hangeland was massively shit too which is seemingly overlooked. In terms of a LB, regardless of who we buy I reckon if Jonas is playing LW still next season he'll be less effective with someone who isn't Enrique alongside.

In his first half season Brede Hangeland was massively s*** too which is seemingly overlooked. In terms of a LB, regardless of who we buy I reckon if Jonas is playing LW still next season he'll be less effective with someone who isn't Enrique alongside.

Don't remember Hangeland being massively shit at all. Remember quite the opposite actually. Was pretty good from the very outset.

With Routledge on the pitch, our chances of not conceding those late goals against Spurs and Sunderland would have increased.

You give him the ball and he runs away from your goal and down the flank whilst keeping the ball.

That's good enough for me.

Did that job well at Wigan as I recall

In his first half season Brede Hangeland was massively s*** too which is seemingly overlooked. In terms of a LB, regardless of who we buy I reckon if Jonas is playing LW still next season he'll be less effective with someone who isn't Enrique alongside.

Don't remember Hangeland being massively shit at all. Remember quite the opposite actually. Was pretty good from the very outset.

I remember him getting bossed by our forwards in a 2-0win  IIRC in his first season. Looked uncomfortable as fuck.

Don't remember Hangeland being massively s*** at all. Remember quite the opposite actually. Was pretty good from the very outset.

I remember him getting bossed by our forwards in a 2-0win  IIRC in his first season. Looked uncomfortable as f***.

The first win under KK?

he took a while to adapt. remember him getting some stick on here.

Don't remember Hangeland being massively s*** at all. Remember quite the opposite actually. Was pretty good from the very outset.

I remember him getting bossed by our forwards in a 2-0win  IIRC in his first season. Looked uncomfortable as f***.

The first win under KK?

Quite possibly, can't remember tbh.

I remember him getting bossed by our forwards in a 2-0win  IIRC in his first season. Looked uncomfortable as f***.

The first win under KK?

Quite possibly, can't remember tbh.

Think it was and was well overdue.  Coud see why he might bottle it as we were gagging for the win

With Routledge on the pitch, our chances of not conceding those late goals against Spurs and Sunderland would have increased.

You give him the ball and he runs away from your goal and down the flank whilst keeping the ball.

That's good enough for me.

Did that job well at Wigan as I recall

:sadnod: Had that in my mind as I sat with my head in my hands after Lennon found the net back in January.

He had a very poor first season for Fulham. Your memory can't be too good if you think otherwise.

Wow, well I guess I was wrong then. Just remembered him always being solid when he arrived, and then taking it up another notch. Fair enough, probably didn't pay close enough attention to Fulham. Absolutely fantastic defender now though. Fulham have done well to keep him around. I'm a fan.

Marchena

http://news-futbol.blogspot.com/2011/04/marchena-con-una-oferta-del-newcastle.html

Marchena with an offer from Newcastle

Marchena, the recently signed Villarreal defender can count on a big offer from the Premier League, specifically The Magpies, Newcastle. There, he may team up with fellow Spaniard Jose Enrique, that's if he doesn't join Liverpool in June.

...I hope Danny Simpson's going to learn Spanish.

Marchena

http://news-futbol.blogspot.com/2011/04/marchena-con-una-oferta-del-newcastle.html

Marchena with an offer from Newcastle

Marchena, the recently signed Villarreal defender can count on a big offer from the Premier League, specifically The Magpies, Newcastle. There, he may team up with fellow Spaniard Jose Enrique, that's if he doesn't join Liverpool in June.

...I hope Danny Simpson's going to learn Spanish.

Odd link. He's old (31) and isn't out of contract (2013 according to wiki)

I was saying before the season that I would love Odemwingie here, but honestly it would be quite annoying to pay 5-10 times the price West Brom have just bought him for. We easily could have purchased him before, as it was a position we lacked even before selling Carroll.

Guthrie, Gosling, and Taylor make me very wary of Scouse leftovers.

I was saying before the season that I would love Odemwingie here, but honestly it would be quite annoying to pay 5-10 times the price West Brom have just bought him for. We easily could have purchased him before, as it was a position we lacked even before selling Carroll.

Yup, would be a stupid transfer for this reason.  We're better off looking for the 'next Odemwingie', especially because he's pushing 30 isn't he?