NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

French press linking us with anyone from Bordeaux or Toulouse at the minute. Bordeaux left back Benoit Tremoulinas linked now.

Tremoulinas is awesome in fifa 11....never seen him in real life. Any good?

French press linking us with anyone from Bordeaux or Toulouse at the minute. Bordeaux left back Benoit Tremoulinas linked now.

Tremoulinas sounds like a dessert.

Tremoulinas sounds like a dessert.

Looks a little bit like the agent in the movie Shooter with Wahlberg. Seems like he's been linked with quite many big clubs before, never seen him play though, apparently he was in the squad when France played Norway and Barfa scored a peach,

I always tell myself "Mario Jardel" when I see some Brazilian player tearing the Portuguese league apart while playing for one of the big guns, but gotta say I have liked Hulk very much this season. He's probably out of your reach, though.

Why would Liverpool want another 20m+ striker, though?

Didn't Mario Jardel end up at Bolton and was s***?

Hence me using his case as a cautionary tale.

What strikers have successfully moved on from the Portuguese league, by the way?

Pauleta did pretty well in La Liga at Salamanca and Deportivo (where he was competing with Tristan/Luque ;) , Makaay).....good records for PSG and Bordeaux in France too.

Hugo Almedia had a very good record for Werder Bremen and doing reasonably well at Besiktas.

Guest VegasToon

Everything on Wikipedia has the potential to be as real as Pamela Andersons boobs.

What?!  They aren't real?!  :-[

I always tell myself "Mario Jardel" when I see some Brazilian player tearing the Portuguese league apart while playing for one of the big guns, but gotta say I have liked Hulk very much this season. He's probably out of your reach, though.

Why would Liverpool want another 20m+ striker, though?

Didn't Mario Jardel end up at Bolton and was s***?

Hence me using his case as a cautionary tale.

What strikers have successfully moved on from the Portuguese league, by the way?

Pauleta did pretty well in La Liga at Salamanca and Deportivo (where he was competing with Tristan/Luque ;) , Makaay).....good records for PSG and Bordeaux in France too.

Hugo Almedia had a very good record for Werder Bremen and doing reasonably well at Besiktas.

Hasselbaink is the best i can think of.

suppose you could kind of include cristiano ronaldo though he didnt turn into more of a striker until later.

Guest DairylandMag

From The Journal:

The Journal understands several of their top targets have already turned United down, forcing the Magpies to look further down their wanted list even before the transfer window opens.

French reports linked them with a move for Bordeaux’s 6ft 7ins Mali international Cheick Diabate.

“I can report there is nothing imminent in terms of contract talks,” said Pardew. “In terms of transfers, it’s gone ok so far.

“We’ve got a good handle on the players who are going to become available. I like to think we’re definitely in a better position than last year.

“Forget about the finance, just in terms of the preperation work we have put in – we know the players who are going to be available. We’ve got more information, we’re better off than last year.

“It’s all our scouting team and our coaching team, who feed into Graham Carr and ultimately to me. I then go to Derek (Llambias) and ask for the financial side of the deal and whether it is going to work.

“You can target good players, but unless you can pay for them, there is no point. We have to get that part right as well.

“There is better value abroad, our market is over-priced. Are they more talented? In some cases.

“You have to decide whether you want to enter the market here or abroad, but it depends on the players more than anything.

“You want a round peg for a round hole.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/14/cheik-tiote-has-to-change-his-ways-pardew-61634-28692379/2/#ixzz1MLAUD5vX

Reading up on Cheik Diabate, I think he would be a good replacement for Kuqi / Ameobi. Tall, powerful player (Mali's answer to Drogba / Adebayor according to IMscouting), he's young, and he seems to be surplus to requirements at Bordeaux so we could get him on the cheap. Would be an interesting (typical Mike Ashley) signing, but I wouldn't want him starting for us next season.

Guest DairylandMag

I saw that Drogba/Adebayor comparison on IMScouting as well. I watched a replay of Bordeaux-Lens from earlier this week to get a look at him. He started and had a pretty decent game (scored on a header off a corner that got ruled out for a weak foul), I thought.

Obviously this is only based off one game, but he reminded me more of Kenwyne Jones than Drogba/Adebayor. He's still pretty raw, though, and doesn't have much top-flight experience. If he's the top striker brought in, that's a tad worrisome.

The Journal understands several of their top targets have already turned United down, forcing the Magpies to look further down their wanted list even before the transfer window opens.

:lol:

Gervnho, Gameiro and Sow perhaps? Better to aim too high then too low I suppose.

getting their excuses in early again

Guest icemanblue

Why is that funny? Worrying, if true.

Not sure whether I'm laughing at the article or the possibility of it being true. Probably both.

Sooo predictable.

I suspect it would be players like Gervinho who was always going to be out of our reach.

I saw that Drogba/Adebayor comparison on IMScouting as well. I watched a replay of Bordeaux-Lens from earlier this week to get a look at him. He started and had a pretty decent game (scored on a header off a corner that got ruled out for a weak foul), I thought.

Obviously this is only based off one game, but he reminded me more of Kenwyne Jones than Drogba/Adebayor. He's still pretty raw, though, and doesn't have much top-flight experience. If he's the top striker brought in, that's a tad worrisome.

Just watched the highlights for that game and for the Saint Etienne game which he scored in. Seems like a decent prospect, but definitely not a first choice striker, but a good long term replacement for Ameobi I think.