NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

I translated it into English man.

Siem would be nice as well actually. Could play the Barton role of deep lying playmaker.

Marquee striker: Rondon/Gameiro/El-Arabi/Sow

Other cheap striker: Danny Graham/Shane Long/Kevin Doyle

Versatile wide player: N'Zogbia/Dzsudzsak/Piatti/Jarvis

Ball playing midfielder: Lucas Biglia/Marvin Martin

Any one from each of these categories would have us going into next season much stronger, solving all of our problems in the forward area. Could probably get that lot for around £20-25 million, net spend a little bit lower if Routledge and a couple of others are sold.

I'd personally like a big commanding CB too but I don't honestly think we'll be looking at the defence.

I've been thinking along the same track, would love: Gameiro (9m), El-Arabi (5m), Menez (8m), Dzsudzsak (8m)

That lot leaves us with a very potent attacking force, and a decent squad size for an estimated 30 million, 160k/w wages. If we fail to get these, I'd like to see us go for Martin Martin instead of Menez and N'Zogbia instead of Dzsudzsak. Shane Long would be a decent second choice striker instead of El-Arabi, I'm not sure who I'd want if not Gameiro, I'm not a big fan of replacing Carroll like-for-like with Sow, a pacey striker would really get me off my seat, perhaps Sturridge.

A bit of Ashley-esque investment in the youth wouldn't go amiss. I think the reports about Cheick Diabate is spot on as he seems to be exactly the mold of player we'd be after. Also a cheeky punt on Raphael Varane would be nice, but perhaps is a little too hopeful.

Although I'm all for Rondon, Gameiro, Gervinho etc - my preference would be we go "all in" for Sturridge, Samba and N'Zogbia - avoid a 1 season settling in period and wow what an improvement.

Paying the premiership premium though, I'm well up for investing in the French at the moment, they're underrated off the back of the last world cup, but they have tonnes of promising talent and generally pay low wages. Plus we have Benny and a great reputation in France.

Guest dogbeak

I translated it into English man.

http://img.skysports.com/08/10/218x298/YOUNG-Luke-0809_1269642.jpg

noooooo

Aye I'm interested to see where Gosling fits in.

I was under the impression he's a goal scoring midfielder, so he'd be challenging Nolan rather than Tiote for a shirt if that's the case.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/863953-kevin-gameiro-to-consider-spurs-and-newcastle-bids-despite-spanish-wish

Kevin Gameiro 'to consider Spurs and Newcastle bids' despite Spanish wish

The striker is one of the rising stars of French football and his performances for Lorient this season have caught the eye of scouts from Premier League clubs.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp and Sunderland manager Steve Bruce have been monitoring the 24-year-old's form closely, while Newcastle's Alan Pardew is already thought to have made a £12million bid.

Gameiro's 21 Ligue 1 goals this term have also brought him to the attention of Valencia, Villarreal and Sevilla and, according to the Daily Mail, the player has now told his agent he wants to move to La Liga rather than England.

Redknapp already has other options - despite being forced to lower his sights after Spurs failed to qualify for the Champions League - and is now expected to focus his efforts on landing Espanyol's £12million-rated frontman Dani Osvaldo.

Newcastle and Sunderland are both thought to be interested in Jay Bothroyd, who will be available on a free transfer when his Cardiff City contract expires next month.

Marquee striker: Rondon/Gameiro/El-Arabi/Sow

Other cheap striker: Danny Graham/Shane Long/Kevin Doyle

Versatile wide player: N'Zogbia/Dzsudzsak/Piatti/Jarvis

Ball playing midfielder: Lucas Biglia/Marvin Martin

Any one from each of these categories would have us going into next season much stronger, solving all of our problems in the forward area. Could probably get that lot for around £20-25 million, net spend a little bit lower if Routledge and a couple of others are sold.

I'd personally like a big commanding CB too but I don't honestly think we'll be looking at the defence.

Long & Doyle won't be cheap. I reckon you're looking at probably £6m a piece for both of them.

Wolves bought Doyle for around that much and won't accept less if he moves on. Reading won't sell Long cheaper than they sold Doyle either when he arguably looks a better prospect. Wouldn't mind Long at Everton actually. Not as keen on Doyle.

Aye I'm interested to see where Gosling fits in.

I'm sure Gosling said he see himself as a central midfielder (defensive or attacking) and does not prefer to play right back.

Based on not much, I think Pardew see's Gosling as his energy in midfield. The box to box runner. I hope anyway, he seems to have plenty of athleticism. I'd doubt he'd be a good RB.

And with Coloccini unhappy that the club are selling his big pal Jose Enrique in the close season, Pardew is in the ­market for defenders.

I really hope that is bollocks.

The Black Cats cannot match Newcastle’s salary offer for the exciting and enigmatic Frenchman as Magpies ­owner Mike Ashley prepares to ditch his policy of not paying ­inflated wages.

And why would he do that?

And with Coloccini unhappy that the club are selling his big pal Jose Enrique in the close season, Pardew is in the ­market for defenders.

I really hope that is bollocks.

he'd have to take a big pay cut.........allegedly.

The Black Cats cannot match Newcastle’s salary offer for the exciting and enigmatic Frenchman as Magpies ­owner Mike Ashley prepares to ditch his policy of not paying ­inflated wages.

To match the article's angle, silly.

he's fallen in love with football again and wants to watch exciting football or he's gone insane