NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

Wilson says interest in erdinc but only that at this stage

Contingency plan. Anyone know what he is like?

Colocho will know a lot more as he watches more but the limited times i saw him he was a bit like Gameiro as he has pace/is capable of different goals(as opposed to a Owen type) but not as good although has a aerial presence. Then i am talking less than 10 games so...... ;D

Good player but not Gameiro standard basically from what i have seen

Guest taps01

don't bother clicking this since its one of the shittest "articles" in history but linked with 5m move for Shane Long as are Everton and Celtic (whom by law seem linked with any half decent performing Irish player)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394088/Newcastle-bid-5m-Reading-striker-Shane-Long.html

I can see him ending up here and from the few times I've seen him I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Why?

Because it's like saying "If I can't get a PS3 then I'll just buy a Nintendo Entertainment System".

It's ridiculous. There's hundreds of thousands of professional footballers out there, surely we can find someone better that Shane bloody Long. Where's the XBox 360s or even the Nintendo Wiis? Plan B can't really be Shane Long, and if it is we really need to have a word with ourselves.

Why?

Because he is average. Gameiro is class. Maybe as one of two strikers, but no way he'll be the "replacement" for Gameiro.

How much Championship football have you watched this season, out of interest? How much Ligue 1?

As if anyone has a clear idea how good either Gameiro or Long would be at this level :lol:

Precisely. I can't see why it's such a silly idea that we would go for Long as a second choice should Gameiro turn us down. If the club thinks he'll score goals and/or increase in value then they'll try for him.

Guest bimpy474

Why?

Because he is average. Gameiro is class. Maybe as one of two strikers, but no way he'll be the "replacement" for Gameiro.

How much Championship football have you watched this season, out of interest? How much Ligue 1?

I've watched lots and Long is better than given credit for by some on here, whether he makes the step is another matter, exactly the same for Gameiro though, some might say your better to pick Long as he is used to our football, either one of them is still a risk whoever we get.

Long has just come off a great season scoring one in two in England and at a guess would cost about half Gameiro would. I'm not denying it wouldn't feel as exciting but I still don't see why the notion is so ridiculous.

I think some are getting a bit carried away with the bids we supposedly have in for players at the moment, assuming we're therefore aiming really high. We need to remember where we are at present, and who the owner still is. He doesn't like to take risks when it comes to money.

Let's not get carried away about Long's scoring record. He's just had his best season, getting as you say one in 2, but even Shola managed that in the Championship.

Not slating Long, but scoring one in 2 at that level isn't necessarily going to improve our squad.

Shola only made a third of the appearances Long has, but point taken. I'm just looking at it in terms of financial risk.

It may be that we've always had our eye on signing Long, but Gameiro seems obtainable so we're having a go. If it fails, we go back to the original plan.

Shola only made a third of the appearances Long has, but point taken. I'm just looking at it in terms of financial risk.

Long played 54 games in the Championship last year? Bloody hell, he'll be knackered. :lol:

But touché with regards to "points taken". Yes Shola played less, but I really can't see Long improving us to the level we want to be at.

Why?

Not too much Championship (the play-offs, and obviously quite a few last season ), a lot of Ligue 1.  There's really no doubting Gameiro is the better of the two. Well, imo anyway.

And oldtype, of course not, but you can say that about any player who haven't played in Premier League. Still people go on about certain players being better than others. It's natural really. One of them have probably done better/equally as good in a better league etc.

Another player who btw have scored one in two in a couple of seasons, is Chopra. Ameobi is also one who thrives in the Championship. I would be careful making a player that has had one good season in the Championship, our main striker.

Long played 54 games in the Championship last year? Bloody hell, he'll be knackered. :lol:

But touché with regards to "points taken". Yes Shola played less, but I really can't see Long improving us to the level we want to be at.

58 appearances in all comps, 28 goals. O0

Guest bimpy474

Also whenever some on here read a totally made story, as most transfer stories are complete and utter bullshit its not hard, the over reactions are mental, the only one i believe so far is Cabaye, because his own manager said so......other than that i'm taking none seriously at all.

Neil will be happy to know Everton was one of the other clubs so there's another player he can add to his generic 'linked with Spurs, Newcastle and Everton' list. :lol:

Have Everton ever had anywhere near €18m?

Fellaini. (£15m)

Not too much Championship (the play-offs, and obviously quite a few last season ), a lot of Ligue 1.  There's really no doubting Gameiro is the better of the two. Well, imo anyway.

That really makes no sense to me, but whatever.