NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest bimpy474

Neil will be happy to know Everton was one of the other clubs so there's another player he can add to his generic 'linked with Spurs, Newcastle and Everton' list. :lol:

Have Everton ever had anywhere near €18m?

Fellaini. (£15m)

Wasnt that after they sold Lescott though, they had money to spend because they sold ?

Also whenever some on here read a totally made story, as most transfer stories are complete and utter bullshit its not hard, the over reactions are mental, the only one i believe so far is Cabaye, because his own manager said so......other than that i'm taking none seriously at all.

You know what the only thing more tedious than bullshit transfer stories is?

People posting about how they don't care about bullshit transfer stories.

Guest bimpy474

Unless Gameiro can leap like Spud Webb, Long is far better in the air, he is actually very good in the air, a bit like Shearer was for a fella under around 5ft.11/6ft.

Guest bimpy474

Also whenever some on here read a totally made story, as most transfer stories are complete and utter bullshit its not hard, the over reactions are mental, the only one i believe so far is Cabaye, because his own manager said so......other than that i'm taking none seriously at all.

You know what the only thing more tedious than bullshit transfer stories is?

People posting that they don't care about bullshit transfer stories.

Why ?

Guest taps01

As I'd previously said I reckon we could end up with Long and N'Zogbia which I would be more than happy with.

Guest Flatline

thinking about the fact that Shola and even Lovenkrantz is hammering them in in the championship makes me cringe at the thought of yet another of those added to the roster...

Joleon lescott? Andy Carroll? Ashley Young?

It's annoying that people will ooh and aah over foreign players but automatically treat anyone from the championship like a leper just because they dont have an exotic name.

And hell, I'm not even English. :lol:

Guest Flatline

It's annoying that people will ooh and aah over foreign players but automatically treat anyone from the championship like a leper just because they dont have an exotic name.

No its because they are in the championship. If we signed any Premier league striker with a record I would of said fuck all.

They are most likely in the shittership for a reason.

Purely from what I have heard from their respective fans I think I would prefer Graham over Long.

I was really impressed every time I saw Long so I asked a Reading fan and he didn't think he would step up.

I thought it was Gameiro or Gervinho anyway? :D

Guest taps01

No its because they are in the championship. If we signed any Premier league striker with a record I would of said f*** all.

They are most likely in the shittership for a reason.

Some very good players have started out in the championship.... see above!

Regards Long, he looks a confident player with a bit of attitude. Can see him in the No. 9 actually.

Maybe the cheaper option will allow us to secure the pacy, flair wide forward as well, such as Gervinho or N'Zogbia.

I'd settle for that.

Long could lead the line on his own where necessary, especially away from home where you need to hold the ball up.

Not so sure about Gameiro, he looks more of a poacher who will need someone alongside him in the prem.

Not that I'd say no, if we can get him.

F*cks sake . It's not about that at all really. Gameiro have proven more over the two past seasons for a starter, and we've seen that shite strikers year after year have done well in the Championship. It absolutely legit to be sceptical/negative'ish.

And hell, I'm not even English either. Where's the point?

Long has just come off a great season scoring one in two in England and at a guess would cost about half Gameiro would. I'm not denying it wouldn't feel as exciting but I still don't see why the notion is so ridiculous.

I think some are getting a bit carried away with the bids we supposedly have in for players at the moment, assuming we're therefore aiming really high. We need to remember where we are at present, and who the owner still is. He doesn't like to take risks when it comes to money.

I haven't seen Long but if he's got anything like the finishing skills of Gameiro then I'm surprised there hasn't been a host of clubs in for him already since players in this league tend to be valued at a far higher premium.

Guest schmuck

If it's primarily going to be 1 up with HBA playing off then Gamiero/Sturridge, Hoilett/Long and Best would be a great way to go into the new season. Then send Shola out for some milk and change training grounds without telling him.

If it's primarily going to be 1 up with HBA playing off then Gamiero/Sturridge, Hoilett/Long and Best would be a great way to go into the new season. Then send Shola out for some milk and change training grounds without telling him.

:lol:

:lol:

Sad thing is, before he even noticed he'd still fall over trying to kick a ball.