NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

is Barnetta a skillful attacking player or a neat passer like Cabaye? Seem he can deliver a good set piece i.e. the england game

A little bit of both but mostly a good attacking player.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

is Barnetta a skillful attacking player or a neat passer like Cabaye? Seem he can deliver a good set piece i.e. the england game

Mix. Would adapt well too imo.

Fair to say that Barnetta would/could be Barton's replacement? See v little of him other than when he popped two in a weekend or 2 ago.

Yeah, actually. Could see it.  :undecided:

I think he's slightly better than Barton personally, but it would be another one step forward, one backwards scenario.

I would be happy with those 5 (cabaye already signed) Pardew said 5 new players before any departures so would expect any departures to increase the number of incoming.

:nope:

We should be getting more than that now we're seemingly shipping out players. Anything less than 6 players in is completely inexusable.

I would be happy with those 5 (cabaye already signed) Pardew said 5 new players before any departures so would expect any departures to increase the number of incoming.

5 new signings with nobody leaving?  5 new wages? doubt it

Fair to say that Barnetta would/could be Barton's replacement? See v little of him other than when he popped two in a weekend or 2 ago.

Yeah, actually. Could see it.  :undecided:

I think he's slightly better than Barton personally, but it would be another one step forward, one backwards scenario.

Surely there is no way Barton is staying now? I thought he was likely to go anyway, but today just seals it.

Unless he does as a few have suggested and simply sits tight waiting for a free move next season?

Surely there is no way Barton is staying now? I thought he was likely to go anyway, but today just seals it.

Unless he does as a few have suggested and simply sits tight waiting for a free move next season?

I think thats exactly what he'll do but he won't be picked next season because of it and club will vilify him. Win all round - Barton gets his money, its not the clubs fault etc.

I think thats exactly what he'll do but he won't be picked next season because of it and club will vilify him. Win all round - Barton gets his money, its not the clubs fault etc.

Aye if that scenario unfolded, I could definitely see this being the case as well. I think someone will take a punt though, based on his form this season.

Bit of assuming here but:

Cabaye for Nolan

Barnetta for Barton

Taylor for Enrique

Erdinc for Carroll

plus Ba to beef things up up top.

I reckon we'd be about £20m (maybe saving a bit on wages too?) up if that all works out. Lot of assumptions in there obviously.

I doubt the club are that arsed tbh. He's got a year left and as long as he doesn't disrupt the new squad he'll still be a useful player next season, especially with Nolan leaving. Going off the interview though he seems to be getting ready to go.

Barton's basically made his position untenable with his remarks on Twitter today. Won't be here much longer although I've got no idea who'd take a punt on him. Proper 'loose cannon' stuff today.  :undecided:

Barton's basically made his position untenable with his remarks on Twitter today. Won't be here much longer although I've got no idea who'd take a punt on him. Proper 'loose cannon' stuff today.  :undecided:

He sort of backtracked in the SSN interview so that may just save him.......:undecided:

They won't but he'd be ideal for Stoke.

When's

Smith

Loven

Ameobi

Guthrie

Going?

Nolan

Barton

Jose

If 6 of those go and we replace with the 6 mentioned we'd still be a 2-3 players light imo. We had a small enough squad as it was anyway.

Yeah, SSN might have saved his bacon.

I thought he should have been booted out for that tweet, but maybe if he has calmed down a bit now we can do the same and give him a chance.

Seemed likely he would be sold even before this though, so the smart money must be on him leaving.

He sort of backtracked in the SSN interview so that may just save him.......:undecided:

Nah. He's gone imo.

When's

Smith

Loven

Ameobi

Guthrie

Going?

Nolan

Barton

Jose

If 6 of those go and we replace with the 6 mentioned we'd still be a 2-3 players light imo. We had a small enough squad as it was anyway.

Ameobi will die at NUFC.  Also can't see why we'd sell Guthrie, his wages are tiny.