NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

All i'm saying is that, i wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of the regulars not give half a s*** about staying after the events of the last day or two. We've made our money back on the captain, talisman and (you would assume) friend of a lot of the players at the first chance we've got. Contracts aside.

I'm entering doom-mongering territory there, and i still think there's a chance that at least Barton and Jonas would stick around, but if Nolan can leave - then no departure can surprise me.

Were you banking on Barton staying here beyond his contract and playing for free as i cant see another being offered now?

Guest WashyGeordie

All i'm saying is that, i wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of the regulars not give half a s*** about staying after the events of the last day or two. We've made our money back on the captain, talisman and (you would assume) friend of a lot of the players at the first chance we've got. Contracts aside.

I'm entering doom-mongering territory there, and i still think there's a chance that at least Barton and Jonas would stick around, but if Nolan can leave - then no departure can surprise me.

Were you banking on Barton staying here beyond his contract and playing for free as i cant see another being offered now?

He's still got another year though? (Anar Nolan had 2 more years and he's still gone like)

Guest Roger Kint

He's still got another year though?

Unless you live under a stone you would know Barton has said plenty of times he will see it out, even today he said the only way he will leave early is for a Champions League team. Any talk of him 'staying' would therefore mean after his contract would you not agree?

I swear Pardew made comments about wanting Tiote to get forward a bit more when possible? Matuidi could be used to sit and allow Tiote and Cabaye to push further forward.

Regardless, Matuidi and Tiote in midfield would be like a fucking iron curtain. :fwap:

Guest WashyGeordie

i took it from a swiss site who are reporting that we are in for him  :coolsmiley:

http://www.20min.ch/sport/fussball/story/27123957

First comment:

peter on 06/15/2011 15:29 Report Report this post

TOP!

Very good Barnetta! Change at last in the Premier League! Newcastle is a very well-run club. From this experience you can only benefit!

:coolsmiley:

I swear Pardew made comments about wanting Tiote to get forward a bit more when possible? Matuidi could be used to sit and allow Tiote and Cabaye to push further forward.

Regardless, Matuidi and Tiote in midfield would be like a f***ing iron curtain. :fwap:

From what i've seen of Matuidi I think he has more potential to play more offensive than Tiote. Some accounts I have received have said he has even played left wing before. A midfield 3 of Matuidi, Tiote and Cabaye with Barton and Gosling as back ups is sooo fapworthy.

Guest WashyGeordie

Unless you live under a stone you would know Barton has said plenty of times he will see it out, even today he said the only way he will leave early is for a Champions League team. Any talk of him 'staying' would therefore mean after his contract would you not agree?

I know he said he wants to, but that doesn't really matter in football nowadays, or NUFC for that liking. It's a different person, but Alan Pardew went on how he wanted Carroll to stay for all of Jan, he went on and on, and then boom, he went. It's still Ashley/Llambias in charge, and just like Yorkie said, no departure can surprise anyone, not with this board anyway and especially regarding players on high wages.

But aye, i agree.  :lol:

we should be going for the likes of Shaqiri, or someone like Sigurdsson to replace Nolan - i thought we'd be making bids for, or at the least linked with, the best young players in europe this summer, but it's not happened as yet.

Guest Roger Kint

I know he said he wants to, but that doesn't really matter in football nowadays, or NUFC for that liking. It's a different person, but Alan Pardew went on how he wanted Carroll to stay for all of Jan, he went on and on, and then boom, he went. It's still Ashley/Llambias in charge, and just like Yorkie said, no departure can surprise anyone, not with this board anyway and especially regarding players on high wages.

No matter what anyone tells you you cant force a player to sign a contract at another club. If Barton wants to see it out he will, he wont move just because Ashley accepts an offer.

we should be going for the likes of Shaqiri, or someone like Sigurdsson to replace Nolan - i thought we'd be making bids for, or at the least linked with, the best young players in europe this summer, but it's not happened as yet.

Sigurdsson is good but not one of the best in Europe, Shaqiri will cost upwards of £15 million and will go to a top club.

We're going for talented players at the right age, I don't understand your complaints. We tried for Gameiro and Gervinho? Are these players not good enough either?

Edit: Are you forgetting Cabaye too? I'd rather him than Sigurdsson, especially considering their respective prices.

I think that will be next summer if we're able to get into the top 8. I reckon the club will make a profit this year way in excess of £35m (the Carroll money will be bonus) and we should be profitable again next year if we end up in the top 10 because our wage bill will be lower than this year's + expected increase in attendance if we have a reasonably fun team to watch. And hopefully that profit will be used to invest in young players next summer to increase squad depth and push us on to Spurs/Liverpool/Everton level.

I think that will be next summer if we're able to get into the top 8. I reckon the club will make a profit this year way in excess of £35m (the Carroll money will be bonus) and we should be profitable again next year if we end up in the top 10 because our wage bill will be lower than this year's + expected increase in attendance if we have a reasonably fun team to watch. And hopefully that profit will be used to invest in young players next summer to increase squad depth and push us on to Spurs/Liverpool/Everton level.

basically i think this windfall is a one off opportunity under ashley. we won't see anything else like it unless we sell someone else for £35m, so we shouldn't fritter it away on mid-table players. I don't think there is going to be a "next summer" where we spend big again.

this is it. get it right.

i dont have a problem with opportunity signings like Ba on a free as long as it lets us use the money saved attracting better players.

Regarding Stephen Warnock -

"Surely he can't be the possible replacement for Enrique?"

Douglas -

He's a long standing target. Jose hasn't gone yet....

Urgh, seriously...

awful, awful player these days. thankfully i don't think the club would sanction the wages that these kinds of washed up non-entities - warnock, joe cole, matthew upson, robbie keane, stephen ireland - would command.

basically i think this windfall is a one off opportunity under ashley. we won't see anything else like it unless we sell someone else for £35m, so we shouldn't fritter it away on mid-table players. I don't think there is going to be a "next summer" where we spend big again.

this is it. get it right.

i dont have a problem with opportunity signings like Ba on a free as long as it lets us use the money saved attracting better players.

Attract how? Most of them will be chased by CL clubs and the only way o attract them is to pay more than they would get at those clubs. We've been down that route before.

Not sure whether you can class two French internationals and a starter for a Champions League team in Leverkusen as mid-table quality like. IMO they're exactly the sort of player we should be looking at - a significant improvement on what we have as well as being attainable and realistic at the same time.

Is Warnock the player Keegan want to replace Enrique with?

i think so. to be fair to warnock he was very good at Blackburn before and after being linked to us.

Villa is a strange club for full-backs. 3 years later and he looked finished.