NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Benzema, Pedro Leon double deal please.

Mourinho loves us after all

Haha imagine this :)

I'd wear it down to the nub if it happened

http://cache.20minutes.fr/img/photos/afp/2007-08/2007-08-04/article_SGE.IDA44.040807102456.photo00.photo.default-512x327.jpg

Simpson won't go man, never saw a player so enthusiastic about playing for Newcastle.

Although he will have a chance of being in the Euro 2012 squad ( if we get there) if he moves to Villa.

He's got zero chance of playing for England now Kyle Walker is the next Glenn Johnson

Kyle Walker is a left back right?

Douglas just tweeted that there was very good news coming:

@MsiDouglas: It's made it in time for the Chronicle today... That's all. Won't have to wait long... Breaking imminently! #NUFC 

Guest sicko2ndbest

@MsiDouglas: It's made it in time for the Chronicle today... That's all. Won't have to wait long... Breaking imminently! #NUFC

WTF

Guest ykmkmdd

Enrique staying maybe?

I think that leaves us with N'Zogbia or Barnetta to complete our wing signings, leaving us needing two strikers and a midfielder.

Have I got that right?

Edit: Forgot about us signing Ba. :lol: It's been a busy two days.

So that leaves us needing one more winger (Zoggy), a central midfielder (Matuidi?) and one more striker (Erdinc) to complete the squad, which I think would make us contenders for the top 8.

I think that leaves us with N'Zogbia or Barnetta to complete our wing signings, leaving us needing two strikers and a midfielder.

Have I got that right?

Hmmm...what about the defence? Apart from Colo and Jose our defence just isn't up to standard of a decent Premier League defence IMO. A pacy striker should be a priority closely followed by a good all a round defender

Our defence is good enough for now. When we're able to control the ball and play the game in the opposition's half, our defence looks stable. That will be helped by having more mobile strikers and having midfielders with good technique (Cabaye and Marveaux look like they both fit the bill). Our defence only looks shit on the counter-attack but I'd be ok if we only lost goals to the counter because we'd score far more than we concede if we dominate possession.

If we're on about how the squad will shape up then what's the thoughts on keepers ?

I reckon Harper will be off, been very vocal to anyone who will listen about how he thinks his days are numbered.

We going to have Krul starting and Forster on the bench ?

The Journal revealed this week that United are also closing in on Paris Saint Germain’s Turkish striker Mevlüt Erdinç and Swansea full-back Neil Taylor, and the Magpies will hope to complete both deals before the end of the month.

The Journal revealed this week that United are also closing in on Paris Saint Germain’s Turkish striker Mevlüt Erdinç and Swansea full-back Neil Taylor, and the Magpies will hope to complete both deals before the end of the month.

Too slow  :frantic:  :lol:

Need another centre back imo. Colo, Williamson and Taylor isn't enough.

I agree. I'm a bit surprised that we're not being linked with anyone. It looks like Pardew has faith in the ones we've got.

Need another centre back imo. Colo, Williamson and Taylor isn't enough.

I agree. I'm a bit surprised that we're not being linked with anyone. It looks like Pardew has faith in the ones we've got.

Believing Skysports he has so much faith he is willing to sell Colo for £7m. We should definitely be after a Bassong-ish signing.