NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest axel

FINALLY

http://newutd.no/diskusjon/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=970;type=avatar

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljf1ffbcZy1qfyv19o1_250.gif

mancrush?

Guest hobshobs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2010918/Newcastle-target-Real-Madrid-winger-Sergio-Canales.html

We want Canales on loan, says the Fail.  Also says Canales is a winger . . .

Sure the local press has said we have no interest in loans.

As long as he's the exact opposite of the last signing we got from Real Madrid.

You know the one - pipsqueak Michael.

Canales is very skillful in a hoddle-esque way but is also very lightweight and a bit lax at defensive duties hence Mourhinho moaning abouit that...

Great loan but not sure about whether he'd adapt

Would not want Shane Long at all, his first touch is like a dog chasing a balloon.

I actually thought he looked okay on the ball.

What would concern me is that, whilst he looks a good all-rounder, I'm not sure that there's any one feature of his game that would really trouble the better Premiership defences.

A definite upgrade on Lovenkrands though.

I'd take Long for 4-5 million tbh. Useful player.

Agreed. I watch Reading fairly often and there's no doubting that Long's not a bad player at all. Hard working and certainly knows where the goal is (at Championship level ). If he were to move here I could see him becoming a little like Doyle - much endeavour but would score too few goals.

£10m is a fucking ridiculous estimate. I'd say he's worth £5m - any more than that and I'd say it wouldn't be worth it.

Would not want Shane Long at all, his first touch is like a dog chasing a balloon.

I actually thought he looked okay on the ball.

What would concern me is that, whilst he looks a good all-rounder, I'm not sure that there's any one feature of his game that would really trouble the better Premiership defences.

A definite upgrade on Lovenkrands though.

He has a lot of pace, which is something we have been sorely lacking.  I agree with what seems to be the consensus on here - I'd take him but for a more realistic £4-6 million

The Journal: "All offers have now been removed, and Barton has made it clear he intends to see out his deal, and walk away for free next summer.

Moving on a “Bosman” will allow the Merseysider to claim a bigger signing-on fee from his new club because no transfer fee is involved."

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/04/nufc-back-to-work-but-still-no-jose-enrique-conclusion-61634-28987547/#ixzz1R7yLa2o7

On the payroll.

Guest johnson293

The Journal: "All offers have now been removed, and Barton has made it clear he intends to see out his deal, and walk away for free next summer.

Moving on a “Bosman” will allow the Merseysider to claim a bigger signing-on fee from his new club because no transfer fee is involved."

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/04/nufc-back-to-work-but-still-no-jose-enrique-conclusion-61634-28987547/#ixzz1R7yLa2o7

On the payroll.

Barton has all but admitted as much himself on twitter, hasn't he?

On the payroll.

Barton has all but admitted as much himself on twitter, hasn't he?

Yup.

I like Long, i think he's got that arrogance required to make it in the premiership. Would love to see him play in a better footballing team, see how he fairs.

10m, no chance.

Nothing to do with the club not offering his best mate the contract he wanted, and then selling him? I personally think Barton has had enough will the blokes upstairs - he wants a fresh start somewhere else. No surprise this is being spun to make him look like a "greedy bastard".

Guest johnson293

Nothing to do with the club not offering his best mate the contract he wanted, and then selling him? I personally think Barton has had enough will the blokes upstairs - he wants a fresh start somewhere else. No surprise this is being spun to make him look like a "greedy bastard".

That's not really spin though - that is just the truth, and as I said, Barton himself has intimated as much on Twitter with his #bosmanruling hashtag.

Remember, this is also the same Joey Barton who wouldn't leave Man City until he got his £300,000 loyalty bonus - which was ultimately added to the fee we paid for him!

Na i kind of like him, not sure why. If he played for any other club, i would absolutely despise him though.

I think he would stay but i don't think the club want him.

Nothing to do with the club not offering his best mate the contract he wanted, and then selling him? I personally think Barton has had enough will the blokes upstairs - he wants a fresh start somewhere else. No surprise this is being spun to make him look like a "greedy b******".

There may be something in what you say.

But do you think we should have offered his best mate the contract he wanted?