NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest palnese

Mad theory but signing Capdevila would be great money saving from Mike's point of view in that it'd be a lowish fee and we could get M'Bengue when his contract is up rather than £6m now.

Yep O0

Guest Antec

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/14/alan-pardew-plays-down-cheick-tiote-fears-72703-29053825/

Alan Pardew plays down Cheick Tiote fears

* by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

* Jul 14 2011

ALAN PARDEW says he has not received an inquiry for Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote. Reports in London yesterday suggested Chelsea had enquired for the African star, but Pardew said today: "There has been no communication with Chelsea."

Pardew was also asked again if the £35m from the sale of Andy Carroll will be spent and told reporters: "Our wage bill has gone up by some distance.

"I'm not going to go into detail, but all the money is going to go back into the club.

"The finances are well documented, but we cannot compete with the big boys at this time."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/14/alan-pardew-plays-down-cheick-tiote-fears-72703-29053825/#ixzz1S5GZSIbL

There's where the money's gone then, looks like bargain basement (if any) signings from now on

Nothing we didn't know in that, is there?

We knew the wage bill had gone up by "some distance"?

Well maybe not, fair point, although it depends on "compared to what". If he means before we signed the new players then clearly it's right.

I doubt Carroll was on mega-money and Nolan's salary was probably average.

Anyway, I hate speculating on wages, we'll see in the accounts.

Guest Antec

Well maybe not, fair point, although it depends on "compared to what". If he means before we signed the new players then clearly it's right.

Good so keep your fucking nose out the next time wages are mentioned :lol:

Good so keep your fucking nose out the next time wages are mentioned :lol:

Easy tiger.

Guest icemanblue

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/14/alan-pardew-plays-down-cheick-tiote-fears-72703-29053825/

* Jul 14 2011

ALAN PARDEW says he has not received an inquiry for Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote. Reports in London yesterday suggested Chelsea had enquired for the African star, but Pardew said today: "There has been no communication with Chelsea."

Pardew was also asked again if the £35m from the sale of Andy Carroll will be spent and told reporters: "Our wage bill has gone up by some distance.

"I'm not going to go into detail, but all the money is going to go back into the club.

"The finances are well documented, but we cannot compete with the big boys at this time."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/14/alan-pardew-plays-down-cheick-tiote-fears-72703-29053825/#ixzz1S5GZSIbL

There's where the money's gone then, looks like bargain basement (if any) signings from now on

How can anyone take any of that as gospel, man. :lol:

Jesus fucking Christ.

Here's a thought, why does Ashley not add to the £35m, maybe with so,e of the TV money or season ticket money.

What if Carroll had not been bought by Liverpool what would he have done then?

Guest neesy111

* Jul 14 2011

Jesus fucking Christ.

Well what would you rather he said, yeah we gonna spend it and then fuck all happens.  At least were being told straight about where it's going.

Also to you fucking idiots Pardew said straight after when Carroll was sold that the £35M would need to include wages for players as well, so don't go on about you didn't know this bollocks.

Here's a thought, why does Ashley not add to the £35m, maybe with so,e of the TV money or season ticket money.

What if Carroll had not been bought by Liverpool what would he have done then?

WE'd have stopped paying wages causing a player strike is how I'd see that scenario unfolding.

* Jul 14 2011

Jesus f***ing Christ.

Well what would you rather he said, yeah we gonna spend it and then f*** all happens.  At least were being told straight about where it's going.

Also to you f***ing idiots Pardew said straight after when Carroll was sold that the £35M would need to include wages for players as well, so don't go on about you didn't know this bollocks.

aye, but when that was said...i (dunno about everyone else) assumed he meant new players and their wages, didnt expect them to be earmarking some of it for in case Jose signs a new deal. (cant remember where i read that, may well have been the ronnie gill)

have to admit, the optimism i had earlier in the window is definitely disappearing after hearing some of the s**** he's coming out with about Zog etc

Guest neesy111

* Jul 14 2011

Jesus f***ing Christ.

Well what would you rather he said, yeah we gonna spend it and then f*** all happens.  At least were being told straight about where it's going.

Also to you f***ing idiots Pardew said straight after when Carroll was sold that the £35M would need to include wages for players as well, so don't go on about you didn't know this bollocks.

aye, but when that was said...i (dunno about everyone else) assumed he meant new players and their wages, didnt expect them to be earmarking some of it for in case Jose signs a new deal. (cant remember where i read that, may well have been the ronnie gill)

have to admit, the optimism i had earlier in the window is definitely disappearing after hearing some of the s**** he's coming out with about Zog etc

Yes and we have 6 weeks of the transfer window to go still.  People need to take stock after the 31st of August not in the bloody middle of July.  If in September we still have the status quo then I will be fucking pissed off.  I wasn't expecting us to spend the whole £30M (remember we have only received £30M and not £35M if people actually had a memory on this place) anycase and the fact we've had a number of strikers turn us down shows we need to looking very very hard to find a striker as it has to be about getting the right striker and not a striker as most on here seemingly want just to please their own reservations.