NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

When I walked past my local corner shop this morning, there was a Chronicle headline saying 'Toon Boss in £60m spending spree.' Got me really excited, so checked on here and nothing is happening. What the hell was the article about?

Probably either the SD bonus payout or his moves to buy up shares in USC and JD Sports

Misleading bastards. When I see 'Toon boss' I immediately think of the silver fox, not the fat lump. I obviously wasn't expecting that we had spuffed £60m on players, but it still got me excited nonetheless.

Guest TheSummerOf69

When I walked past my local corner shop this morning, there was a Chronicle headline saying 'Toon Boss in £60m spending spree.' Got me really excited, so checked on here and nothing is happening. What the hell was the article about?

Probably either the SD bonus payout or his moves to buy up shares in USC and JD Sports

Misleading bastards. When I see 'Toon boss' I immediately think of the silver fox, not the fat lump. I obviously wasn't expecting that we had spuffed £60m on players, but it still got me excited nonetheless.

"Sports Direct Do Quite Well" just wouldn't shift the papers in the same way.

Anyone remember "Socrates Coming to Toon!" (it turned out it was the university that the Brazilian captain was considering).

Guest Heneage

Whatever happened to our interest in Jonothan Laeger?

It went flat.

He's injured again, as per usual with him tbh.

Guest Recoba

Did we ever find out who these three continental strikers are?

The ones we are meant to be after if the Erdinc deal is dead

Did we ever find out who these three continental strikers are?

The ones we are meant to be after if the Erdinc deal is dead

Think we are very much still in for Erdinc, he is playing hard to get and waiting to see who PSG bring in. Pardew tried forcing his hand with recent comments imo. Think Erding is the guy Pardew is talking about us having a bid in for.

Other three we are obviously not that keen on either due to the fee or wages, then maybe suitability.

Short term fix on the cheap to see us through the season until M'Bengue leaves Toulouse. Ashley's dream scenario.

I'd be more than happy with that for next season (not seen M'Bengue play so can't comment on that) if Jose leaves. See no reason why Capdevilla couldn't go a fine job for a season, underrated player IMO.

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Sunday Sun #nufc stuff.. Steven Taylor talks new beginnings & asking for the number nine - Pardew puts the reserve team on notice and we exclusively reveal Newcastle's new striker target-along with Erdinc latest. Some interesting developments on that front this wk! #nufc

1 minute ago via web

One more #nufc plug.. They turned down the chance to sign an England international this week - details tomorrow!

Either someone crocked or someone shit.

hargreaves obviously

One more #nufc plug.. They turned down the chance to sign an England international this week - details tomorrow!

Either someone crocked or someone s***.

Jay Bothroyd.

I'm going to go with this.

With regards to the "England international":

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

I don't know how serious the offer was. Agent contacted Toon to assess interest - there wasn't any!

Guest bimpy474

Steven Taylor's asking for the number 9 shirt?

Isn't it two different story lines, one about Taylor, then about asking for the number 9, different story about strikers asking for it.

Its how i read it, i think :D

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

That's probably a good news.