NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Long will definitely be sold this summer if he's only got a year left on his contract. Doesn't look like we'll be after him though, the price tag has probably scared us off.

Long will definitely be sold this summer if he's only got a year left on his contract. Doesn't look like we'll be after him though, the price tag has probably scared us off.

That's fine - anything north of £5m is over the top anyway imho. I'd be offering them £2m + Best.

Ba, Cab and Marv isn't enough

They need to get some serious money spent or we'll be just as we were last season.

Striker, Centre Half, Left Back replacement or cover. Another Right winger would be good but not essential.

I don't think Long is better than Best so money + Best would be a daft deal

Rather Loven + Money and keep Best as backup along with Shola.

Would be a much better deal for us but cannot see them going for it.

And suspect Best wants games too.

We'll just get him travel connect 4 for the coach

We'll just get him travel connect 4 for the coach

:lol:  - maybe a game of 'patience' would be more appropriate. He'll only have to wait a few games until Ba or Marveaux crocks themselves.

Guest Heneage

Routledge had been mildly linked as had Best and Williamson.

The two loans in January 10 were out of the blue though.

Don't think Routledge had been linked whatsoever. He was meant to be in talks with Boro and then out of nowhere he was announced an NUFC player.

That's how I remember it too. Everyone was getting a chubby on over the prospect of Victor Moses and then bang, WR10 had signed on the dotted line. I can't really recall Best being linked either.

I'm sure FourFourTwo did a small feature on 'How transfers work' with Best's move to Newcastle as the example. I seem to remember he found out the day before the window shut.

Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle are reportedly keen on Brazilian midfielder Denilson, according to The Guardian.

this been linked today ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/14/football-transfer-rumours-denilson-bolton

Absolutely nothing special, Arsenal fans hate him anyway.

Had been built up to become this great midfield enforcer leader type, but that never transpired.  Now just a below average footballer who is sitting on massive wages and happens to be both Brazilian and playing for Arsenal.  Hope the club are wise enough to ignore the last two points in that sentence and focus on it's opening instead.

When I walked past my local corner shop this morning, there was a Chronicle headline saying 'Toon Boss in £60m spending spree.' Got me really excited, so checked on here and nothing is happening. What the hell was the article about?

When I walked past my local corner shop this morning, there was a Chronicle headline saying 'Toon Boss in £60m spending spree.' Got me really excited, so checked on here and nothing is happening. What the hell was the article about?

:troll:

Probably either the SD bonus payout or his moves to buy up shares in USC and JD Sports