NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

The Journal understands Newcastle already have the wheels in motion for a new left-back – with England international Wayne Bridge, out of favour Aston Villa defender Stephen Warnock and Alan Pardew’s former left-back at Reading Nicky Shorey all potential replacements.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/26/jose-enrique-fined-for-twitter-outburst-61634-29118664/#ixzz1TCCmsmJj

:weep:

None of those signings are even remotely likely. They couldn't have done a better job if they were trying to pick four players whom we conclusively won't sign.

Just hurts the credibility of the local press in my eyes, had me thinking for most of this summer that they actually had some idea what was going on.

The Journal understands Newcastle already have the wheels in motion for a new left-back with England international Wayne Bridge, out of favour Aston Villa defender Stephen Warnock and Alan Pardews former left-back at Reading Nicky Shorey all potential replacements.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/26/jose-enrique-fined-for-twitter-outburst-61634-29118664/#ixzz1TCCmsmJj

That just doesnt make any sense and goes against everything that the club has been trying to sell for the past 6 months/year. Its either we are now bricking it or the Journal are just getting very lazy and are being fed nothing.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

None of those signings are even remotely likely. They couldn't have done a better job if they were trying to pick four players whom we conclusively won't sign.

Just hurts the credibility of the local press in my eyes, had me thinking for most of this summer that they actually had some idea what was going on.

I like to believe that all the local papers get their 'scoops' from this forum. No idea if that's true.

I wonder if we're starting to look at the older has beens earlier this window?  At least we'll have our targets sorted for the last few hours of the window. 

Is Shefki Kuqi still looking for a club?

Guest sicko2ndbest

To be fair the stories aren't written by Mark Douglas who is normally quite reliable. They are Lee Ryder stories.

He is out there with pardew ffs. Just ask him!

Guest Roger Kint

Would rather slum it with a year of Perch at LB than waste millions on one of those lot.

Well, not really, but you get the gist.

How good/bad is Drummett? Rather give him/Kadar/Fergie shots than waste cash on those options.

I really hope there's no truth in us enquiring after Crouch. Even discounting the fact I don't rate him as a player, the thought of us having so few ideas after all this time that we're reduced to asking about a 30 year old Spurs player is laughable.

I really hope there's no truth in us enquiring after Crouch. Even discounting the fact I don't rate him as a player, the thought of us having so few ideas after all this time that we're reduced to asking about a 30 year old Spurs player is laughable.

Same, but I don't think it rings true. Similar with the Bridge/Shorey links, it just seems like lazy linking to me. Can't see Ashley sanctioning the signing of any of those players.

12 goals in his last 67 league appearances, over 2 seasons, suggests that this 30 year old is not what we need.

Also, no doubts, that the player will cost the club a large sum of cash, in regards to transfer and player fees.  Not a progressive signing in the slightest.

Same, but I don't think it rings true. Similar with the Bridge/Shorey links, it just seems like lazy linking to me. Can't see Ashley sanctioning the signing of any of those players.

Expensive, high-wages, old, English international. Might as well be rat poison for Ashley man!

There is nothing in it. He's too old and his wages are too high.

As I have maintained all summer, we are not going to spend more than £8 million on any one individual.

its definitley not something ashley would sanction....gladly

9 million for a 30 year old with little to no sell on value...just dont see it

laughable if this is the 'movement' ryder/douglas were harpin on aboot yesterday

The Journal understands Newcastle already have the wheels in motion for a new left-back – with England international Wayne Bridge, out of favour Aston Villa defender Stephen Warnock and Alan Pardew’s former left-back at Reading Nicky Shorey all potential replacements.

:lol:  Warnock, Shorey or Bridge? He's writing shit, and what's even worse, he's getting paid for it. Those players are the polar opposites of our previous purchases. Never, ever going to happen.