NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I love Shearer but I genuinely couldn't have less interest in the comments he makes. Always comes across as fairly clueless tbh.

Shearer: "Of course, you don’t want to lose your top players and Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan were probably Newcastle’s two best players."

IIRC Shearer dropped Nolan during our relegation season and fell out with Barton who also thought Shearer was clueless along with his clueless mate Dowie. Shearer now changing tack completely and describing Nolan as one of our two best players doesn't surprise me in the least. He's as slippery as a politician and just as untrustworthy.

I love Shearer but I genuinely couldn't have less interest in the comments he makes. Always comes across as fairly clueless tbh.

Shearer: "Of course, you dont want to lose your top players and Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan were probably Newcastles two best players."

why are the two things contradictory?  best (most effective) and most talented aren't necessarily the same thing, nolan was fucking disgraceful before shearer took over as manager and the same after he took over tbh

anything for people to dig at shearer man, anything, he's better off out of football management if you ask me

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-Shearer-interview-Liverpool-Andy-Carroll-Newcastle-Demba-Ba-Alan-Pardew-EXCLUSIVE-article774613.html

Newcastle legend Alan Shearer admits he would be surprised if his former club did not spend some of the £35million they ­got from the sale of Andy Carroll to Liverpool.

Free transfer Demba Ba is the only striking addition this summer for manager Alan Pardew, who also sold top scorer Kevin Nolan for £4million to West Ham.

Shearer believes the Magpies must ­recruit another goal-scorer if they are to improve on last ­season.

He said: “Everyone was obviously disappointed that Andy ­Carroll left. But it was ­understandable when you look at the money they got for him £35million is a helluva lot of cash.

“Of course, you don’t want to lose your top players and Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan were probably Newcastle’s two best players.

“I would be surprised of they did not go out and spend some more money. I hope that they do ­because they had a decent season on their return to the Premier League.

“If they can improve again next season – that is all the fans want.

“Last season was decent and now the supporters will be looking for Alan Pardew to take them into the top 10.”

:lol: National newspaper man ffs. :lol:

Shearer: "Of course, you don’t want to lose your top players and Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan were probably Newcastle’s two best players."

IIRC Shearer dropped Nolan during our relegation season and fell out with Barton who also thought Shearer was clueless along with his clueless mate Dowie. Shearer now changing tack completely and describing Nolan as one of our two best players doesn't surprise me in the least. He's as slippery as a politician and just as untrustworthy.

You don't remember correctly, Nolan started 6 of the 8 games that Shearer was in charge for.

Am I missing something like...."demba ba is the only striking addition....would be surprised if we don't spend any more money"

What is wrong with the points he is making?

Upson, erdinc and Zog would wrap up a great window

We need to steer WELL clear of upson. He's past it, why would you want him?

If erdinc is signed, I see us signing a left back and that's it. It's all up to Jose staying or not.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If erdinc is signed, I see us signing a left back and that's it. It's all up to Jose staying or not.

Free

Need another Centre back

England international.

Free

Need another Centre back

England international.

We have money to spend.

Ex-england international, he's now old, slow and shit. He was released for good reason.

I'd say we do need another CB but we have more pressing concerns at LB and up front.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Free

Need another Centre back

England international.

We have money to spend.

Ex-england international, he's now old, slow and s***. He was released for good reason.

I'd say we do need another CB but we have more pressing concerns at LB and up front.

So much wrong with that

He didn't want to play in the champ and west ham knew they couldn't afford him. He wasn't released

We don't have money to spend

Plus, as you admitted we need a new CB.

Why not take this fella as the backup we need if he's on a free?  Saying we need a striker more is like not having any food or water, needing water urgently, but turning down a free Chinese takeaway cause you're searching from that precious bottle of Evian.

Guest bimpy474

Upson is absolute crap. I'd rather Kadar get the occasional game, and that's saying something.

O0

Awful player, how he played for England so many times sums how bad england managers judgements have been.