NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

For the sake of argument/devils' advocate:

If Ashley simply wanted 17th place every season would we be going for the likes of Cabaye and Marveaux.  We could've hoovered up the likes of Larsson and Reo Coker to replace the outgoings are even held on to the likes of Routledge instead (although obviously it could been argued those players could take us down) but we've gone for a player he was wanted by Liverpool (I doubt he's taken £30k less a week here so he must be on decent wedge) and a double-winning French international

He's obviously doing things on the cheap for sure but if he does want to sell the club surely he'll be in a better position to do so if we're higher up the table.  Bigger and more successful clubs go for more money.

Cabaye, Marveaux, Tiote and Ben Arfa have the potential to be sold for a lot more than what we paid for them....

:frantic: :frantic: we will be the richest club in the world

We didn't do 'a Leeds' and that should be all that matters.

If Ashley simply wanted 17th place every season would we be going for the likes of Cabaye and Marveaux.  We could've hoovered up the likes of Larsson and Reo Coker to replace the outgoings are even held on to the likes of Routledge instead (although obviously it could been argued those players could take us down) but we've gone for a player he was wanted by Liverpool (I doubt he's taken £30k less a week here so he must be on decent wedge) and a double-winning French international

He's obviously doing things on the cheap for sure but if he does want to sell the club surely he'll be in a better position to do so if we're higher up the table.  Bigger and more successful clubs go for more money.

Cabaye, Marveaux, Tiote and Ben Arfa have the potential to be sold for a lot more than what we paid for them....

Well if he keeps pocketing the money and doesn't reinvest it, the quicker he fucks off.

By "keeps pocketing the money" do you mean putting large amounts of his own cash into the club, and taking nothing out?

If Ashley simply wanted 17th place every season would we be going for the likes of Cabaye and Marveaux.  We could've hoovered up the likes of Larsson and Reo Coker to replace the outgoings are even held on to the likes of Routledge instead (although obviously it could been argued those players could take us down) but we've gone for a player he was wanted by Liverpool (I doubt he's taken £30k less a week here so he must be on decent wedge) and a double-winning French international

He's obviously doing things on the cheap for sure but if he does want to sell the club surely he'll be in a better position to do so if we're higher up the table.  Bigger and more successful clubs go for more money.

Well if he keeps pocketing the money and doesn't reinvest it, the quicker he f***s off.

Why would he want to f*** off when he's making money? He's got a taste for blood this summer....

If he was that desperate to make money he'd probably put £200m somewhere else other than a football club.  There's an argument to be made that he's recouping the money he's lost but if that is the case, I can't see him staying long beyond that.

But there's also the worldwide promotion of Sports Direct to consider...

A £200m promotion campaign?  I wouldn't deny he's using his power to get all he can and being a bit of dick about it but I'm not sure that's his primary motivation.

A £200m promotion campaign?  I wouldn't deny he's using his power to get all he can and being a bit of dick about it but I'm not sure that's his primary motivation.

How much does the club owe him?

Is that rhetorical? Because I assume you have the figures at hand.

If we do these good things, he'll sell off the best players in January and next summer though. Rinse and repeat.

Do you reckon Tiote will leave this summer?

If a sizable bid comes in then yes. Same goes for Colo and neither will still be here in twelve months time.

If we do these good things, he'll sell off the best players in January and next summer though. Rinse and repeat.

Do you reckon Tiote will leave this summer?

If a sizable bid comes in then yes. Same goes for Colo and neither will still be here in twelve months time.

Why haven't we sold them yet though?  If Tiote was available for around £6m clubs would be all over it.

“It is difficult for me because I keep doing press conferences and indicating we are getting players and they aren’t coming over the line.

“But it’s only after the window shuts when it becomes a problem.

At the moment I think it will happen[...]"

Why would he want worldwide promotion for a brand that only exists in England and how would he accomplish that through a club that's very sparsely supported outside it's own city?

SD is not just a UK based company and has a fair few branches on mainland europe.

The club is supported the world over, with every club's games being on a TV somewhere in the world.

Is that rhetorical? Because I assume you have the figures at hand.

It was a rhetorical question. Still, I can't see him going anywhere for a long time.

Guest Heneage

More good news then. Can Ryan Taylor play left and right back at the same time?

:lol:

They've not even put a bid in man.

Guest Roger Kint

More good news then. Can Ryan Taylor play left and right back at the same time?

:lol:

They've not even put a bid in man.

Still has 2 years left as well?