NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We were told these players would be in before going to America.

Then the Leeds match.

Then the Fiorentina match.

Don't worry they'll be in for the start of the season.

Well one will definitely be in for the Sunderland match.

When does this end? Does it end? With 7 months of preparation, it is completely out of order that we're still searching for ideas this late.

Then the Leeds match.

When does this end? Does it end? With 7 months of preparation, it is completely out of order that we're still searching for ideas this late.

And yet it's the same every single summer.

You're right, I remember starting the 05-06 season with Shearer, Shola & Chopra as our only 3 strikers for the first 4 games.

Then the Leeds match.

You're right, I remember starting the 05-06 season with Shearer, Shola & Chopra as our only 3 strikers for the first 4 games.

There were players like Owen and Luque on the horizon, though.

Now?

Then the Leeds match.

At least we had a proven goal scorer in Shearer. Ba scored for WHU but not proven for us.

I don't know how you can get excited by a transfer window these days. The only thing I get about the transfer window is - worried.

Twas just a joke, sir.

I know. Was just pointing that out that transfer windows are really getting on my nerves these days.

Although I'm skeptical (to say it the least) of the current regime, I'm quite confident we will bring in at least two new players. If not, I'm sure Ashley knows (if he's got any brain cells) that we are facing a challenging season, which could turn into an impossible season with just a few long-term injuries.

Then the Leeds match.

There were players like Owen and Luque on the horizon, though.

Now?

There was no guarantee at all we were going to get Owen at that stage. We could equally say we've got Maiga on the horizon now?

Or how about 94-5 when we went 6 months with Kitson, Beardsley & Mathie?

People again making it out as if this is something unique to Ashley and this club.

Yeah,

Kitson, beardsley and Mathie.

Cole was sold, we gace Kitson his chance and we knew with the board and Keegan we would defo get a like for like for Cole, or better.

We signed Ferdinand.

Finished 2nd, previous season 6th.

Then the Leeds match.

Can you remember the thrill on deadline day summer 2006 when on the stroke of midnight word got out that we had signed Sibierski? This was shortly followed by news of the second coming of Olly Bernard. Great days....

"Well it happened in previous seasons"

So fuck. It doesn't make it right.

It's a joke, an absolute joke. Two positions that clearly need strengthening and we've done fuck all about it.

Aye, everyone was delighted then. People are just being unreasonable towards Ashley. :lol:

My point is the way some people go on on here, everything was rosy upto June 2007 and it's just since then we've been mis-managed.

Not horseshit mate.

Aye, everyone was delighted then. People are just being unreasonable towards Ashley. :lol:

My point is the way some people go on on here, everything was rosy upto June 2007 and it's just since then we've been mis-managed.

Does it make it right? Is it even relevant right now?

People slate Ashley like Shepherd was slated by some during these windows you've alluded to in your posts.