NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Remember when he said we were 'ahead of the game'? :lol:

Remeber when he got the job and he said he would knock on the chairmans door if he needed to.

Bahahahahaha

He is ashleys gimp.

Guest sicko2ndbest

In the building

Wtf does that mean?

In the building

Wipe it's own nose

Fuck off with the turns of phrase and speak English. A clever turn of phrase dosnt make up for the fact we have fucked it up. Too much time spent on gervinho Gameiro and erdinc

Don't think Pardew is the one that really should be blamed. He's lied to us a few times, but I reckon it's not him that's at fault for them becoming lies.

He was giving it "the big cock" when he arrived, gave it some more "big cock" after Carroll was sold...in the run up to the transfer window he gave it more "big cock"slowly but surely his "big cock" has turned into a winkle and its getting smaller.

Players' search is urgent - Alan Pardew

by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Aug 19 2011

ALAN Pardew insists there is an urgency to Newcastle United’s recruitment drive – despite declaring defeat in the race to land a left-back and striker before tomorrow’s Wear-Tyne derby clash.

Ryan Taylor will deputise for the departed José Enríque once more at the Stadium of Light after United’s efforts to sign a full-back were scuppered by what Pardew claims are selling clubs moving the goalposts and demanding bigger fees.

While admitting it would take a little longer than anticipated to bring in the defender he wants, he did confirm a bid has been lodged for Sochaux striker Modibo Maïga – although The Journal understands interest has cooled in Holland left-back Erik Pieters.

Lyon’s Aly Cissokho is now the priority defensive target and Pardew has hinted the club may be prepared to lodge an improved offer to get their man.

In a candid pre-derby briefing, he also admitted the squad was not as strong as it was 12 months ago – but said the situation would improve before the transfer deadline.

Reacting to claims United have not acted quickly enough to secure their left back, he said: “I can only reassure people that not only have we tried to secure players but we are trying to secure two players we have in the building.

“That process is very, very important as well. We are trying to make sure this club going forward is stronger than it was last year.

“As it stands, when we started the season, I would say we are not at that position yet, but hopefully we will be.

“I don’t think I need to nudge Mike Ashley. I think he is very much aware of that.

“I don’t think I need to nudge him any more – I have nudged him enough!

“It is like where Arsenal are as well and a number of other clubs – like Spurs – you have to get the deal which is right for the football club.”

link: http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/19/players-search-is-urgent-alan-pardew-61634-29263441/?

I take it he means that Darnel Situ and that other trialist?

Who are these two dudes? Haven't heard about them.

Situ is probably the most exciting. A year younger than Remy and captained every international youth side he's been playing at for France. Think Manchester United wanted him a while ago. Never watched him play, but supposed to be a real talent.

From NUFC.com

Having signed midfielder Mehdi Abeid from Racing Club Lens and given striker Mamadou Doucoure a run-out in pre-season (although he's since moved on), two more Lens prospects have arrived at United on trials.

Central defensive duo William Remy and Darnel Situ both played in a reserve team friendly at the training ground on Wednesday (see above). 20 year-old Remy and 19 year-old Situ are both French youth internationals. 

PS: A fifth Lens youngster had caught the eye of United scouts last season, but in-demand defender Raphael Varane was subsequently snapped up by Real Madrid.