NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest johnson293

From the Beeb transfer gossip:

Newcastle United are lining up a £5m January transfer offer for Celtic striker Gary Hooper. (the Sun)

Krul

Santon  Taylor  Collocini  Pieters

Tiote  Cabaye

Holliet                Ben Arfa        Marveux

Ba

Hoilett is showing good promise, though would he be much different to Obertan. While I agree Pieters would be ideal for the left back position.

Unlike Obertan, Hoilett actually has a brain and knows when to dribble( and consistently gets past his man) pass or shoot unlike Obertan he would be a massive improvement over Obertan who imo was only signed to replace Routledge......

That team above makes me jizz, add a striker and a back up cb to it and ill be in dreamland  :celb:

Guest Roger Kint

Zaha from Palace.

Striker? Played 40 games last season, scored 1 goal. Played 10 games this season, scored 1 goal....

good improvement  :lol:

Makes you wonder why all the top clubs are linked with him, it cant possibly be because they have actually watched him and realise not every player is prolific immediately could it?

Hooper when ever i've seen him, always seems to do nothing both for Celtic and for Scunphorpe, but just looking at his stats he's done alright maybe i've only seen i'm playing on his off games.  :undecided:

Guest bimpy474

Seen Hooper a few times when he played for the mighty turd that is Southend United, the one thing that will put us off him is pace, he isn't the quickest, not exactly slow but not the speed merchant that Pardew seems to want.

Guest bimpy474

Impressive goalscoring record.

He has but against average defenders/teams, week in week out against better sides, thats where the pace and that little bit of class comes in, whether he has it for the very top level is debateable, but he does indeed have a good goalscoring record.

We should send G.Carr to scout Alex Ring of HJK! Very impressive hard working midfielder and only at the age of 18 he seems to have made himself a regular starter for Finland national team. Would also go for cheap

Guest Rob 1988

Toon ‘could join Arsenal’ in midfielder chase by givemefootball.com 

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/toon-could-join-arsenal-in-midfielder-chase-report

Newcastle ‘could join Arsenal’ in their pursuit of Marvin Martin, according to Metro, with the Toon considering a swoop next summer in the hopes of outfoxing their Barclays Premier League rivals.

Martin has been a star for Sochaux since joining the club in 2008, and has attracted attention from numerous European sides as a result.

And while Arsenal have been widely connected with the 23-year-old, Newcastle are also now reportedly hoping to speak to the LIgue 1 side about the possibility of purchasing Martin, who now has seven caps for the France national side under his belt.

Newcastle don’t have the best relationship with Sochaux, after the Ligue 1 club threatened to report the Toon in the summer when they alledgedly illegally pursued striker Modibo Maiga.

And their strained dealings could give Arsenal the edge as they move to secure a deal next summer, but Newcastle could still drive the price up for Martin’s services, ensuing a bidding war with Arsenal to get the midfielder on board.

JustFootball Just Football

Seems Newcastle are still in hunt for a new striker. A €9million bid for Modibo Maiga landed on Sochaux's desk midweek, report LePays #nufc

I really hope we did just drop it out of a plane down a chimney and it landed perfectly on their chariman's desk.

How could we drive the price up if they don't want to deal with us? :lol:

Toon: We bid £8m

Arsenal: We bid £5m

Sochaux: Arsenal has it.

Toon: But we bid way more

Sochaux: Yeah but fuck you. 

Money talks.