NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

£18m  :o

Are they forgetting he's out of contract at the end of the season  :lol: :lol:

No but he is 21, they will get a canny compensation deal anyway. Obviously the figure is mental but thats what clubs do to ensure a good final deal.

Didn't that article state they'll get almost nothing for whatever reason? Edit: Reading it - it was if he went to a club on the continent.

Anyway, no one takes those mentioned figures seriously. Just unnecessary.

No but he is 21, they will get a canny compensation deal anyway. Obviously the figure is mental but thats what clubs do to ensure a good final deal.

Not sure about that, what did Man City get for Sturridge?

£3.5m up front then another £3m after international and certain numbers of club appearances and 15% sell on clause

I

i'd much rather wait and get him in the summer for that sort of fee. but if we are competing with spurs then we'll miss out. might be worth paying a few quid more and getting him in jan just to be sure... but they can fuck off with that figure  :lol:

Yep, in a straight fight with Spurs we're almost bound to lose out. But I'd really, really like this player.

The only way would be to offer big money in January. It might just appeal to Ashley's love of a gamble, and if we were still in the top four at the time he might just go for it. And if he wasn't in the last year of his contract, I think he probably would go for around £18m, and at that young age his value wouldn't decline.

Guest Roger Kint

You are missing the point. They dont think they will get £18m at all but you dont put a true value on the lad otherwise clubs will take the piss, plus i read somewhere that they didnt want £18m but it was actually the release clause they wanted to put in his next contract. Getting £3m-£4m at the end of the season may be considered worth it if all they get offered is £6m-£8m, his goals/assists could be the difference to survival this season.

I'd rather wait and see how Marveaux and HBA does before we go spending money on another wide player. Jonas, Obertan and Marv along with Ben Arfa if really needed is good enough for the flanks. Should focus on getting a new fullback, and new striker.

I'd rather wait and see how Marveaux and HBA does before we go spending money on another wide player. Jonas, Obertan and Marv along with Ben Arfa if really needed is good enough for the flanks. Should focus on getting a new fullback, and new striker.

Spot on.

Hoilett looks like a very good player.

But he should not be our priority imo.

Is Hoilett really this good or is it Charlie N'Zogbia syndrome where he just stands out in a shower of shite?

I really like him. He's got great technique, very quick and is very agile. N'Zogbia seems to have lost the ability to dribble past players and that may be because he's too big/muscular nowadays whereas Hoilett jinks past players for fun.

Read some of that some days ago. Really hope it won't be happening. A player, great on his day, excellent work rate but, injury record has become quite terrible in recent years and he'll most likely be too expensive.