A Lesson in Respect and Sportsmanship From Plymouth Argyle

Doug

:lol: Again, full respect to Plymouth.

Pedro, the hypothetical scenario has set me into a bad mood. :lol: Liverpool lifting a trophy while that god damn song plays, Andy Gray wanking, and us relegated, all at home. It would be unbelievable.

Could quite easily happen next season. Just insert Man U for Liverpool and I would think that the odds of the above happening are not as long as you might think!!

Pedro, the hypothetical scenario has set me into a bad mood. :lol: Liverpool lifting a trophy while that god damn song plays, Andy Gray wanking, and us relegated, all at home. It would be unbelievable.

Could quite easily happen next season. Just insert Man U for Liverpool and I would think that the odds of the above happening are not as long as you might think!!

We'll see what wor Shola has to say, like.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine that happening at SJP man. I'd be disgusted. Saying that, whether they like it or not, they've all gained our respect.

I doubt it will be little more than "wuuwwuurfuckinwwwwururwwrr", given that gumshield he's fond of wearing.

i cant help but find that whole thread funny, there going crazy and quite right, cant think of anything worse than seeing your team relegated and leave the stadium to the sound of we are the champions no time for losers!!

think someone hit the nail on the head with " It was probably all about the world cup. Positive spin, friendly region, all that noise" with it being one of the proposed stadiums

I doubt it will be little more than "wuuwwuurfuckinwwwwururwwrr", given that gumshield he's fond of wearing.

He'd probably just remind us he likes wearing hats.

This is god damn heresy right here.

Guest michaelfoster

The "Your support" chant makes me cringe when I hear it.  A bit like that Division 3 "Easy Easy" chant that occasionally makes an appearance from time to time (at other clubs I hasten to add).

I said this month ago when Level 7 started singing it and was slated for it. Im glad im not the only one who thinks its cringeworthy & small time

The "Your support" chant makes me cringe when I hear it.  A bit like that Division 3 "Easy Easy" chant that occasionally makes an appearance from time to time (at other clubs I hasten to add).

I said this month ago when Level 7 started singing it and was slated for it. Im glad im not the only one who thinks its cringeworthy & small time

Did we throw that chant into the mainstream, or did we actually start it? First time I had heard it was at the Cardiff semi-final, where I'm fairly sure it must have been audible over the TV as well given how loudly it was sung.

Did we throw that chant into the mainstream, or did we actually start it? First time I had heard it was at the Cardiff semi-final, where I'm fairly sure it must have been audible over the TV as well given how loudly it was sung.

i've commented a few times on  my dislike for it. someone once even tried to make out that on occasion it was used ironically.

re cradiff.....that was the first time i heard it and on that occasion it was warranted. shouting it to plymouth and doncaster fans just makes us look like thick twats though.

Guest michaelfoster

I meant when we started singing it, we obv didnt start the chant, its still childish and has been sung at the majority of home games this season

I meant when we started singing it, we obv didnt start the chant, its still childish and has been sung at the majority of home games this season

Sing it to fans of the so called big clubs who cant sell their allocation out but not to fans of teams who stick by their clubs.

Plymouth do seem to have some of the better fans we've come accross this season, along with Blackpool who I thought were very honest and respectful.  But I don't agree with the way their club acted, and I think the majority of their fans would agree.

I really hope nobody's suggesting we should learn from the antics of their management like.  Would anyone here be happy if we got relegated in the same game as Manure won the Premiership and our club bent over and took it up the arse to satisfy the big club on our own territory?  I'd be baying for blood.

Making that banner is one thing, but invading the pitch, and celebrating with Newcastle fans after we just sealed their relegation, is disgraceful.

Of course it's nice that they were playing We are the champions, Blaydon Races and Local hero, but if we were to be relegated by defeat to Manchester United the same day they won the Premier League, no way on earth I would play them any songs.

Sing it to fans of the so called big clubs who cant sell their allocation out but not to fans of teams who stick by their clubs.

Obviously we didn't start the chant. It's a very old chant sung by many many teams. Like Gimp I can agree it has it's place when teams who are supposedly big time come to us and don't sell out their allocation. But when we sing it at, for example, Barnsley at home this season when every seat was taken it's a bit ridiculous. If we'd given them more tickets then they probably would have broought more fans and they sat and watched their team get a drubbing. A few left but there was still plenty there at the end.

Personally I prefer the chant sung at half empty grounds when we have filled the away end to bursting.

They're here, they're there, they're every fucking where. Empty seats, Empty seats. You could have thaty on repeat all season down at the DW.

Guest WashyGeordie

It's only going to stop, if people stop singing it, as simple as it sounds.

Just like 'shoes off' and even the 'Keano wanks his dog' chants haven't aired as much as they did 2-3 years ago, although Keane isn't manager of sunlan' now, but still.

It's cringe-worthy as owt when we sing 'your support is fuckin' shit!'  to teams with decent support / almost every team with no thought whatsoever.

Fair enough to the likes of the Wigan's etc, but can we not think of more originality to wind up the away fans now... or even alternatives?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Obviously we didn't start the chant. It's a very old chant sung by many many teams. Like Gimp I can agree it has it's place when teams who are supposedly big time come to us and don't sell out their allocation. But when we sing it at, for example, Barnsley at home this season when every seat was taken it's a bit ridiculous. If we'd given them more tickets then they probably would have broought more fans and they sat and watched their team get a drubbing. A few left but there was still plenty there at the end.

Personally I prefer the chant sung at half empty grounds when we have filled the away end to bursting.

They're here, they're there, they're every fucking where. Empty seats, Empty seats. You could have thaty on repeat all season down at the DW.

Just to tag on the end of this.

Plymouth's attendance was 13k+, which considering they're near the bottom of the Championship and not won many game at home recently, is pretty impressive. Even more so when you compare it to the usually turn out of Boro, or Premiership clubs like Wigan and Blackburn.

Its not only Plymouth, been a few Championship sides who have shown they have loyal fans who will turn up. I really will miss the Championship spirit, its a bit depressing returning to the media engorged 'fans' of the Premiership.