World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I wish this fella would fuck off SSN.  Whats to say Capello is not going to explain things? Idiot.

Aye the Cockney Geezer on SSN seems a total self important idiot. "He should'a called a press conphrance on sky schports news."

Joe Cole is in the squad!

Happy with that, he's probably my favourite England player over the last 4 years. Just a different class of player, and the closest to Peter Beardsley we'll get!

Leaving Walcott out is a joke of a decision.

Why?

Johnson is a better option on the left.

Joe Cole is a better option off the bench.

Aaron Lennon has a better end product and equal pace.

SWP has the pace of Walcott, and perhaps a better end product.

Walcott is Mr. Pace, and when he can't be bothered he falls on the floor.

I am not sure who i would have in the squad tbh but i would say that Walcott is faster than both those players, though i can see what you're saying that he doesn't have an end product but neither does SWP realy and because i havent seen a lot of prem football this season i cant say a great deal about Lennon's either but from what i have been told he also lacks an end product

Lennon's improved his end product a lot this season, so hopefully it continues, but it was generally terrible before that. Walcott is probably the fastest of all the players mentioned, but he doesn't use it right. Runs into blind corridors, never looks up, I just don't get the appeal that some people have for him.

It is because when he is good he is brilliant, imo, though i agree he doesn,t use his pace right often enough but imo his problem is consistency because on his day he can tear trams apart.

If we took him, and he came off the bench, you'd have the opposition man marking him with two players. One tight to make him knock the ball past him 20 yards, the other lying deep to collect the ball.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
OliverKayTimes

Now there's a rumour (UNCONFIRMED for now) of Ledley King OUT and Michael Dawson IN #England #WC2010

Hmm.

I wish this fella would f*** off SSN.  Whats to say Capello is not going to explain things? Idiot.

Aye the Cockney Geezer on SSN seems a total self important idiot. "He should'a called a press conphrance on sky schports news."

Happy with that, he's probably my favourite England player over the last 4 years. Just a different class of player, and the closest to Peter Beardsley we'll get!

Why?

I am not sure who i would have in the squad tbh but i would say that Walcott is faster than both those players, though i can see what you're saying that he doesn't have an end product but neither does SWP realy and because i havent seen a lot of prem football this season i cant say a great deal about Lennon's either but from what i have been told he also lacks an end product

Lennon's improved his end product a lot this season, so hopefully it continues, but it was generally terrible before that. Walcott is probably the fastest of all the players mentioned, but he doesn't use it right. Runs into blind corridors, never looks up, I just don't get the appeal that some people have for him.

It is because when he is good he is brilliant, imo, though i agree he doesn,t use his pace right often enough but imo his problem is consistency because on his day he can tear trams apart.

If we took him, and he came off the bench, you'd have the opposition man marking him with two players. One tight to make him knock the ball past him 20 yards, the other lying deep to collect the ball.

Would that be a bad thing if it takes another player to mark him then that gives the other players more space.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I wish this fella would f*** off SSN.  Whats to say Capello is not going to explain things? Idiot.

Why?

Would that be a bad thing if it takes another player to mark him then that gives the other players more space.

Well you'd have the left wing, tight mark, and the left back deep to pick up the ball. Hardly going to cause a huge gap to appear - of course thats the simplest ideal way to mark him out of the game. The other would be to clatter him, or just watch him run off the pitch after running 90 yards without looking up.

NeilAshton_NOTW

#Walcott buried by Capello in front of England players during "video nasty" of Mexico game. Players thought he was vulnerable then.

Interesting!

Walcott being left out is the right decision. He showed nowt in those two friendlies, and has been living off that hat-trick in Croatia for too long.

Saying that makes you wonder why is Gerrard going though.

Can't remember his last good game for England.

Why?

Well you'd have the left wing, tight mark, and the left back deep to pick up the ball. Hardly going to cause a huge gap to appear - of course thats the simplest ideal way to mark him out of the game. The other would be to clatter him, or just watch him run off the pitch after running 90 yards without looking up.

Fair ppooit.

NeilAshton_NOTW

#Walcott buried by Capello in front of England players during "video nasty" of Mexico game. Players thought he was vulnerable then.

Interesting!

1338: Seems fairly certain now that Stephen Warnock has got the nod at left-back over Leighton Baines. Meanwhile, Shaun Wright-Phillips has texted Manchester City to tell them he is in the England squad.

:lol:

"Goin 2 S.Africa wit Eng, nt bck avenge death. SWP x"

1338: Seems fairly certain now that Stephen Warnock has got the nod at left-back over Leighton Baines. Meanwhile, Shaun Wright-Phillips has texted Manchester City to tell them he is in the England squad.

"Goin 2 S.Africa wit Eng, nt bck avenge death. SWP x"

Guest neesy111

Did you read the rest of the post? If we want to go two up front, Heskey is Rooney's best partner. He won't get many goals individually but the team does. Has to be in the squad.

no, it say's rooney score's more goals, i seem to remember when defoe came in for heskey at start of season scoring quite a few goals

Is that even in English? As a team we've been much better with Heskey playing than without since Fabio came in. He's essential to the squad and team even if he is a little bit shit, plus he provides a different option.

yeah against 3rd rate east european sides heskey does well, when was the last time he played well against france, spain etc

It does look like Capello was using the two games to give time to the players who he thought were dodgy.

A bit of an unorthodox way of making your mind up, but it makes sense.

Did you read the rest of the post? If we want to go two up front, Heskey is Rooney's best partner. He won't get many goals individually but the team does. Has to be in the squad.

no, it say's rooney score's more goals, i seem to remember when defoe came in for heskey at start of season scoring quite a few goals

Is that even in English? As a team we've been much better with Heskey playing than without since Fabio came in. He's essential to the squad and team even if he is a little bit shit, plus he provides a different option.

yeah against 3rd rate east european sides heskey does well, when was the last time he played well against france, spain etc

When was the last time the alternatives did? In fact, when was the last time any of our squad did? What an utterly shite and pointless post.

Guest neesy111

When was the last time the alternatives did? In fact, when was the last time any of our squad did? What an utterly shite and pointless post.

shit post, your defending of heskey is laughable

darren bent has scored more goals this season than in his last 3 1/2 seasons!

rooney mainly score's more goals when heskey's playing as rooney has to get to take more responsibility when playing with heskey as heskey is usually rolling around on the ground, or fucking up as usual

Guest palnese

Barry made it. No Parker or Huddlestone then?

Despite earlier reports suggesting otherwise, Ledley King is expected to be named in England's squad - The Sun