World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Guest Heneage

Two most promising Italian players of the new generation are on Inter's books. Lippi wouldn't give either of them so much as a thought because his bias is unparralled. (Not I think he's wrong for giving Balotelli the boot like :lol:)

Btw, the goalscorer tonight also came through Inter's system.

Yeah, 1 start and 2 off the bench. And didn't they sign him as an 18 year old anyway, so he's hardly a product of their youth system. I don't really like Balotelli, I know he's a decent player but he just doesn't seem to have his head screwed on the right way round. I stand by my point though, Inter are hardly doing anything to help the production of the next generation of Italian players, and if they get Benitez it will only get worse.

Very good point. To say Bonucci was an Inter product is mis-leading, he was not signed at a young age like an Arsenal product. He was 18 and joined from a lower league side.

As for Inter's production line and their contribution to the youth of Italy I have to say that 'International' Milan live up to their name, people forget they were started as an offset to AC to allow for foreign players to play football.

Balotelli and Santon are hard to argue with they were signed at very young ages Balotelli was 15 I think and Santon was even younger. So you can say yes these are Inter products because they trained them during their most important years imo (15-18).

However Balotelli has yet to produce for Italy and has been erratic for Inter, Santon I like a lot and I was upset he did not make the squad. It would be nice to see Inter bring through more of their own talent, in some ways they seem like a Chelsea or a Man Utd preferring to buy talent with potential instead of developing what they have.

Juve on the other hand.  :snod:

Two most promising Italian players of the new generation are on Inter's books. Lippi wouldn't give either of them so much as a thought because his bias is unparralled. (Not I think he's wrong for giving Balotelli the boot like :lol:)

Btw, the goalscorer tonight also came through Inter's system.

Yeah, 1 start and 2 off the bench. And didn't they sign him as an 18 year old anyway, so he's hardly a product of their youth system. I don't really like Balotelli, I know he's a decent player but he just doesn't seem to have his head screwed on the right way round. I stand by my point though, Inter are hardly doing anything to help the production of the next generation of Italian players, and if they get Benitez it will only get worse.

Very good point. To say Bonucci was an Inter product is mis-leading, he was not signed at a young age like an Arsenal product. He was 18 and joined from a lower league side.

As for Inter's production line and their contribution to the youth of Italy I have to say that 'International' Milan live up to their name, people forget they were started as an offset to AC to allow for foreign players to play football.

Balotelli and Santon are hard to argue with they were signed at very young ages Balotelli was 15 I think and Santon was even younger. So you can say yes these are Inter products because they trained them during their most important years imo (15-18).

However Balotelli has yet to produce for Italy and has been erratic for Inter, Santon I like a lot and I was upset he did not make the squad. It would be nice to see Inter bring through more of their own talent, in some ways they seem like a Chelsea or a Man Utd preferring to buy talent with potential instead of developing what they have.

Juve on the other hand.  :snod:

Exactly, historically Inter have always been built on foreign players. However they've still contributed more to the national team than Milan have in history:

Milan:

PLAYERS: 82 GAMES: 1170 SCORERS: 30 GOALS: 107

CAPTAINS: 11 CAPTAINED GAMES: 138

Inter:

PLAYERS: 96 GAMES: 1343 SCORERS: 39 GOALS: 201

CAPTAINS: 18 CAPTAINED GAMES: 183

Guest Roger Kint

Japan & Ivory playing a 3 period game of 45 mins a period the morra. Bookies going with result at 90mins

any particular reason why?

If they do that would the substitute rules be void? ie they can both use the whole squads if they wished. Cant see any other reason to do it :undecided:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Rossi couldn't make this team?

too young/dynamic I'd imagine.

Aye, unless you're over the age of 27 you'll find it hard to make the Italy team. Its like some strange inner Free Masons thing where you have to know a secret handshake, or Maldini, to get in.

if balls are getting lighter (ha ha fucking ha innuendo) will we one day end up with professionals using penny floaters?

Would love to see a match played with a penny floater.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

if balls are getting lighter (ha ha fucking ha innuendo) will we one day end up with professionals using penny floaters?

Would love to see a match played with a penny floater.

I can see a few them popping (if only at the valve) after a Dogba/Ronaldo freekick.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not for his knee so much, but most thought he'd get injured (back) during the World Cup anyway.