World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I guess I can understand since its an England player, but SSN have people reporting step by step (literally) updates on Rio Ferdinand, where as Drogba gets a wee scroll bar announcement that he's going to miss the World Cup.

I guess I can understand since its an England player, but SSN have people reporting step by step (literally) updates on Rio Ferdinand, where as Drogba gets a wee scroll bar announcement that he's going to miss the World Cup.

They're just playing to their audience. The majority of people watching will be England fans wanting to know whether Rio's going to make it or not.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

They're just playing to their audience. The majority of people watching will be England fans wanting to know whether Rio's going to make it or not.

Oh aye, I said as much at the start of the post.

At least you're English. We've been treated to in-depth "will he/won't he make it" coverage of Lee Dong-Gook for three weeks since he strained his calf.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47995000/jpg/_47995382_drogba226_afp.jpg

Interesting photo. That's what happens when you're really hurt/injured. You don't roll around flapping about. You stay still and grimace.

Shame though, whilst Ballack is no loss, Drobga can be great to watch.

It would be Heskey wouldn't it, poor bloke must be the least popular man in the squad in terms of selection and then he endears himself by taking out the captain. He was probably aiming for Glen Johnson but you know what Heskey's accuracy is like.

Guest toonlass

Tbh, it could be a blessing in disguise for England. Rio has been injury prone all season and could have broken down with his back after the tournament had started. Get Dawson in there, and let the lad prove himself!

Guest kingdawson

s***. We can't play Ledley King's Knees

King with dodgy knees would still do a better job then Carragher and Upson (and even Terry tbh). Ferdinand was badly out of form anyway so no big deal.

Tbh, it could be a blessing in disguise for England. Rio has been injury prone all season and could have broken down with his back after the tournament had started. Get Dawson in there, and let the lad prove himself!

gtfo