Crouch in january

Guest toonarmy1810

:lol: you keep spouting the same rubbish  ..... but you don't give an answers to what I ask you.

As you constantly fail to answer the questions and hypocrisies that I highlight that you say, I will ask you directly. Do you think the club should buy a player like Crouch for the fee involved or not ? This is because a post was made a while ago that asked the same question, and predictably you didn't give an answer.

You back up your sister when she comes on spouting his financial doomsday prophecies then make numerous posts agreeing with loads of people that the shite board that you think is the same as the one who spent 30 years selling its best players, should go out and spend yet more money.

So, what is it ? Should they or shouldn't they ?

Where's this post that was made a while ago asking if we should buy Crouch for the fee involved?  The one where I didn't give an answer.  Provide a link and I'll answer it.

I always say the "shit board" should spend within it's means and will not change my mind on that one.  I've said that we should expect and get value for money.

Here's a few you fail to answer, have a go at them.

I do highlight that this shite chairman has taken us backwards, do you agree?

Do you also agree that Doug Ellis is shite and he's guided Villa to finish higher up the league more times than Shepherd has guided us to finish higher than Villa?

In other words, you think the club should spend nothing in january as you constantly harp on about the financial situation ? Yes or now ? Answer the question.

We have not had as good a manager as keegan since he left so we haven't matched 2nd place, I believe I have said this numerous times. The Bobby Robson era came close which was most definitely a step in the right direction, achieving 3 consecutive top 5 positions for the first time in over 50 years. Do you think we have a divine right to finish in the top 2, or we are "going backwards" if we finish lower - by the same criteria do you think Arsenal have gone backwards as they haven't won the league in the last 2 years, and manu are going backwards since they won the European Cup in 1999 ?? Aston Villa have certainly gone massively backwards since Ellis took over in 1980 and they were currently European Champions, wouldn't you agree with these facts ? ...and when exactly under the NUFC board pre-1992 that you think is the same as this one even finish in the top 5 never mind get anywhere near the top 2 ?

Meanwhile, we have transformed the stadium and built a new up to date training complex. Do you think this is the actions of a club not planning for the future and "going backwards" ..... and similar to the shite board that you think is the same that ran the club from the 1950's up until 1992 ?

Excellent, I really enjoyed that post, the use of ?? at one point had me on the edge of my seat.

:lol:

Do you guys not get bored of saying the same things?

It would be better if there was some ability to debate truthfully and with some integrity, to answer the questions in a genuine fashion. See the post after yours. This is the sort of pathetic post which spoils the forum. I understand why it's done though.

True supporters might really be interested in the history of the football club, how it really was and how it compares to today. Grassroots is, that's for sure and I know some others are. However, it's impossible to get that across on this forum though due to the pathetic shite that followed your last post.  This is a great pity.

Just my opinion, as I can't really be arsed with this shit, which is why I don't bother replying directly anymore.

Crouch just scored a wonder goal... carbon copy of the galatasaray one. His feet technique is really something. Anyways...no chance of him coming now.

Good. The fees being banded about are scary.

Crouch just scored a wonder goal... carbon copy of the galatasaray one. His feet technique is really something. Anyways...no chance of him coming now.

Also just turned it over when you said that to watch the match and Liverpool should of scored about 7 in the last 15mins or so.

Fuking destroying Bolton here.

Guest Phil K

Newcastle could turn their attentions to Everton striker James Beattie, with Liverpool unwilling to sell Peter Crouch. (The Times)

Don't want either cast-off.

Tell you who would benefit from Peter Crouch being at the club... Nobby Solano. His crossing is still fucking sublime. I only saw the highlights of the Man Utd game, but i've been watching him all season. And that one for Sibierski this afternoon was immense.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Tell you who would benefit from Peter Crouch being at the club... Nobby Solano. His crossing is still fucking sublime. I only saw the highlights of the Man Utd game, but i've been watching him all season. And that one for Sibierski this afternoon was immense.

Why the fuck would Solano benefit from countless free headers being given straight to the keeper?

Tell you who would benefit from Peter Crouch being at the club... Nobby Solano. His crossing is still f***ing sublime. I only saw the highlights of the Man Utd game, but i've been watching him all season. And that one for Sibierski this afternoon was immense.

Why the F*** would Solano benefit from countless free headers being given straight to the keeper?

What about all the ones he's converted aswell?

Not especially a case of him putting every one in the back of the net - he's a target in the air, and every ball that's flying aerially into the box he's in with a 90% chance of winning. Whether it goes in or not, it's a goalscoring opportunity... he could head it down for someone else or the keeper could spill. Peter Crouch is a key player for Liverpool when he is on the pitch. I bet a hefty chunk of their goals involve the man.

Btw - did you not notice his world class conversion from an average cross today? It was behind him... now that's making something out of nothing. Crouch is good at that.

I don't particularly want us to splash out big money on a striker, but if we did - and Crouch was the player we brought in - i wouldn't be too gutted.

problem is,solano,like milner will put in one fantastic cross per game...thats not worth basing a game plan on.

keep away from the "winger crossing for big forward "idea,last worked with ginola and gillespie,unlikely to work to ny effect these days.

problem is,solano,like milner will put in one fantastic cross per game...thats not worth basing a game plan on.

keep away from the "winger crossing for big forward "idea,last worked with ginola and gillespie,unlikely to work to ny effect these days.

Disagree... Nobby is a constant threat with his delieveries into the box. I just wish that Emre would let him handle the set pieces.

Disagree... Nobby is a constant threat with his delieveries into the box. I just wish that Emre would let him handle the set pieces.

with shearer in the team solano would take the easy way,just lob up dollies on to the penalty spot without pace or guile.he never does it ofetn enough to base a game on.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Tell you who would benefit from Peter Crouch being at the club... Nobby Solano. His crossing is still f***ing sublime. I only saw the highlights of the Man Utd game, but i've been watching him all season. And that one for Sibierski this afternoon was immense.

Why the F*** would Solano benefit from countless free headers being given straight to the keeper?

CARE TO MENTION THEM??? HE PLANTED TWO EASY HEADERS TODAY IN HOWARD'S ARMS

Btw - did you not notice his world class conversion from an average cross today? It was behind him... now that's making something out of nothing. Crouch is good at that.

YES I DID, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE HE HARDLY EVER FUCKING DOES IT, LANKY STREAK OF WANK

CARE TO MENTION THEM??? HE PLANTED TWO EASY HEADERS TODAY IN HOWARD'S ARMS

YES I DID, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE HE HARDLY EVER F***ING DOES IT, LANKY STREAK OF WANK

:lol:  Breathe... breathe... ;-)

He's scored plenty of headed goals. His heading ain't the greatest but i've already explained in my previous posts the benefits of his figure.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I don't particularly rate Crouch's heading ability; in fact, I would say it's poor. I respect his game on the deck more, but I don't think he's the oustanding player we should be getting if we do pay all that money for him which we won't. I fucking hope not anyway.

Realistically, if you're going to get into the top part of the Premiership, you need something more than a player who's 'just' a target man. Crouch has got a good all round game, and would be a good choice. Having said that, Liverpool won't let him go.

Beattie has less to offer, and wouldn't be a good choice. It alarms me when I see him linked as a possible second option to Crouch. At the very top level, you can't build a strategy around a striker whose only real strength is that he wins headers. We'd be better off carrying on as we are.

Guest andynufc84

I was in a taxi yesterday, the taxi driver said his daughters boyfriends mate knows the bother of someone who is 'in the know' at the training ground, and the crouch deal is done

Sh**e!  :lol:

In two minds about Crouch, as i like the way we've been keeping the ball on the floor much more lately with Taylor and Nobby in particular being great for us in playing it out from the back, Given has not been hoofing it half as much either (now Shambles is not there) and Emre keeps correctly appealing to our defenders (particularlty Ramage i've noticed) to keep the ball on the deck. I like the strikeforce of Martins and Dyer who appreciate ball to feet type football much more than the crap high ball and if we get Owen back to near his best with either of those two he may benefit more too.

If we get Crouch in my fear is we'll go backwards in our style of play and start hoofing long balls up to Crouch. Bu in saying that we do need another Striker and we have enough small talented players imo and do need a 'Big man striker' and Crouch is alot better than i thought we'd get in, although i thought with our financial situation we'd buy a half decent big man striker and splash out on a very very good left back.

If we get Crouch in, we do have a glut of Strikers to keep happy next year which will be very interesting in how we keep them all happy.

i.e. next year we'll have:

Pav

Krul

Harps

Given

Edgar    Hunty New CB    Baba/ Bernard

Nobby  Taylor Ramage  New Lb 

Troisi    Butt      Pattison    O'brien

Milner    Parker  Emre        Duff/Zoggy

Ameobi  Le Sib

Dyer      Crouch

Owen    Martins

Thats alot of players to keep happy!! We are not Chelski!!

The bench would be be tough IF everyone's or nearly everyone was fit!!

Harper/Krul

Hunty/New Cb

Butt

Duff /Zoggy

Crouch/ Dyer/ Le Sib/ Shola

Conclusion: I am not sure we really really need Crouch, do we really need him and can we afford him? Liverpool seem to preffer the Bellamy/Kuyt partnership for a reason. We could be better off sticking/working with what we have and get in a much cheaper 'potential' player and a very good LB. That said if we bought him i wouldn't be gutted as he's a very decent target man type player. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

CROUCH: I WON'T BE GOING

By Mark Buckingham -  Created on 2 Jan 2007

Peter Crouch has outlined his determination to stay at Liverpool and hopes to have given Rafa Benitez something to think about.

The striker has been heavily linked with a £12million move to Newcastle United after struggling to dislodge Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy from the starting line-up.

But after scoring a stunning goal as the injured Bellamy's replacement against Bolton on New Year's Day, Crouch voiced his happiness at Anfield.

"I've heard all the speculation and all I can say is I'm happy here and love playing for the club," Crouch told the Liverpool Echo.

"It's a fantastic club, all the games are massive and I wouldn't want to leave.

"I see my future here and as long as the manager doesn't want me to go, I won't be going."

Benitez had been critical of Crouch's performance in the Boxing Day defeat at Blackburn Rovers, but the England international is determined to respond positively to his manager's comments.

He added: "I've had challenges throughout my career and this is another one. There are a lot of players who get rotated and I'm not the only one.

"When you get a chance, you've got to take it. Hopefully I've given the manager something to think about.

"It can get frustrating when you want to play every game and do your best for the club, but all you can do is keep working hard.

"I know the manager has got no problem with me."

i would prefer John Carew from Lyon much better player IMO  not happy at Lyon still only 27 and powerfully built not the most gifted goalscorer but sets up many, his scroing record is similar to Crouch's but he is stronger and cheaper and a very good footballer.

Agree with that! I think Carew would be an ideal partner with Owen or Martins.